Pictures taken with HTC One E8

Search This thread

sahil00150

May 12, 2008
Use this thread to post pictures taken with HTC ONE E8.

u0XwMKl.jpg

aje0qon.jpg

QbWobNi.jpg

rDSefAC.jpg

8fXIZ2y.jpg

D3Es0W2.jpg

xMimk2p.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
does it take images in 16:9 at full 13 mp :confused:

No the resolution is 13mp at 4:3 ratio. The camera module is such only.

I wonder if it can beat S4 and G2 in photo results,all the reviews compare it to M8's 4 UP which is non-sense

The M8's 4up camera is not nonsense at all, in fact if you don't look at the resolution, it's one of the best performing phone cameras. The E8's camera is not the best 13mp sensor out there, but it performs really well because of HTC's Image Chip 2. That makes it insanely fast. It's results are comparable to S4, and the speed makes it better. I don't know about G2 though, never seen it.

Reactions: pratik_s

pratik_s

May 29, 2012
Mumbai
so at which resolution it can take photos in 16:9 and i have in reviews that it does have a yellowish or pinkish tint to photos.is it true? thanks in advance

Last edited:

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
so at which resolution it can take photos in 16:9 and i have in reviews that it does have a yellowish or pinkish tint to photos.is it true? thanks in advance

It's around 10.5-11mp, I don't know the exact resolution. You have the option to choose between the rations 16:9, 4:3 and 1:1. But it doesn't mention the resolution separately!
Also, there are no yellow/pink tint in the pictures. The come out really well in broad daylight, as good as any picture can get. In dark conditions, it's decent, but not as good as the ultrapixel cameras.

presets

Nov 8, 2014
Better pictures with Google Camera?

Hey everybody, could some owner of the E8 test another camera app like the Google Camera on this phone? Is there a better picture quality especially in low light conditions or is it the same quality? I´m still not sure if I should buy this phone from a HK-based shop, in european countries the E8 is not available. Thanks a lot for any answers.

Hey everybody, could some owner of the E8 test another camera app like the Google Camera on this phone? Is there a better picture quality especially in low light conditions or is it the same quality? I´m still not sure if I should buy this phone from a HK-based shop, in european countries the E8 is not available. Thanks a lot for any answers.

To me it's the same quality - the camera is still bad in low-light conditions. You can use HDR to make pictures look a bit better though.

presets

Nov 8, 2014
@crystal_ball: Thank you. Hmm, sounds not very well. I´ve now the HTC Desire Eye, it has the same camera specs than the E8. Often the picture quality looks better when I use Google Camera instead of the HTC camera app. I also think that the picture quality of the Xperia Z2, which I also have here, isn´t better than the quality of the HTC Desire Eye. But after testing so much devices (my smartphone-age began with the original iPhone) from different companies with different OS, I simple guess that nearly all companies simple want to sell as much as possible and that they don´t really care about progress for the customer - in this case about the quality of the camera modules.

Aquaservice

Sep 8, 2008
Compared to a Nexus 5, is it better? I'm really happy with the camera of the Nexus (incredible HDR shots with all the upgrades of the camera - not the original pics of the initial reviews). I want to buy a E8, but I'm afraid the camera is worst.

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
Compared to a Nexus 5, is it better? I'm really happy with the camera of the Nexus (incredible HDR shots with all the upgrades of the camera - not the original pics of the initial reviews). I want to buy a E8, but I'm afraid the camera is worst.

Compared to the Nexus 5, it's leaps and bounds better. Way faster, and better more accurate results. HDR isn't that great though, but when I last used a Nexus 5, it wasn't good there too. Or maybe I'm talking on the scale of AMAZING HDR shots, which my One S had. And hence.
I suggest you try a hands on and then upgrade if it meets your needs. Only one thing I can assure you of, it's nowhere near "worst". :)

buggerman

Apr 17, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7

The camera is better than the M8 (except in extreme low light conditions). The camera is infinitely better than that in the Nexus 5.. I think the only camera that is better than this one is the camera in the M8 EYE (Among HTC phones that is)..

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
The camera is better than the M8 (except in extreme low light conditions). The camera is infinitely better than that in the Nexus 5.. I think the only camera that is better than this one is the camera in the M8 EYE (Among HTC phones that is)..

I personally find the camera on E8 better and more consistent than the M8 Eye. The OV sensor is more consistent in capturing decent images compared to the M8 Eye which has a Sony sensor. This may be my personal view though.

ghaemm

Aug 27, 2014
I had htc butterfly before e8..very nice phone but not about camera..e8 has much better camera..but there is one strange thing..when u snap photo in auto mode for mini-second after press snap photo get blurred..but if u hold your finger to get af-ae locked photo get much better and detaild..happy to share it to u for take better picture

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this thread to post pictures taken with HTC ONE E8.

u0XwMKl.jpg

aje0qon.jpg

QbWobNi.jpg

rDSefAC.jpg

8fXIZ2y.jpg

D3Es0W2.jpg

xMimk2p.jpg

Thanks
    I had htc butterfly before e8..very nice phone but not about camera..e8 has much better camera..but there is one strange thing..when u snap photo in auto mode for mini-second after press snap photo get blurred..but if u hold your finger to get af-ae locked photo get much better and detaild..happy to share it to u for take better picture
    does it take images in 16:9 at full 13 mp :confused:

No the resolution is 13mp at 4:3 ratio. The camera module is such only.

I wonder if it can beat S4 and G2 in photo results,all the reviews compare it to M8's 4 UP which is non-sense

The M8's 4up camera is not nonsense at all, in fact if you don't look at the resolution, it's one of the best performing phone cameras. The E8's camera is not the best 13mp sensor out there, but it performs really well because of HTC's Image Chip 2. That makes it insanely fast. It's results are comparable to S4, and the speed makes it better. I don't know about G2 though, never seen it.