KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
And from where do you know that exactly? The truth is: Kholk MADE 90% Kexec for ICS! They just took his work, finished the last small bugs and released it under their names - with a lot of bugs remaining! Without credits! And without his permission! Then they provided a broken code as kexec kernel source, so other devs can*t really work on it (or just to make it most difficult), I guess they want to be the only ones who are able to work on it. And the next thing is, that they are using a precompiled kernel for their kexec builds. This kernel is the JB Stock kernel and hasn't any features which a good custom kernel should has! No clock-options, no voltage, just nothing! Also the kernel isn't developed very well, otherwise they could get the hardware to work much easier! But they don't want anyone to work on this - as you can see on github! For what do I need kexec if there isn't any good custom kernel which provides all the features a good custom kernel has? It's just a stock-based kernel, and no camera and also no deep sleep. I they would provide the real source, we could fix these issues much faster! I know someone who could fix this stuff in at least a few days, but without the source it's really difficult and too much work. STS guys are making a good job on rom development, but they should let others work on kernels, then we had now really great working Kexec!!

If I should be wrong, someone please show me a working kexec kernel compiled from the provided source (NOT rom, only the kernel!)
Sorry, but this has to be said!

Did u ask hashofcodes and dhacker why they wont release the source code?

Reactions: zero_zerodegree

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I mean, why they just didn't release it? Android is and should be open source, they also took the work from Kholk, he also made it open source. So why they are making it their brand? And I can see some other things, e.g. Hash got angry that Crackteam just compiled their builds from source. That's not the right way in my opinion.

Reactions: Jack'O

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
There is no reason not to release the source code. So if dhacker and hash is reading this, please release the source so we can get stuff fixed quicker.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

It's really good news for the international owners considering we were left out the door by motorola. Some good kernels and stable fast roms would make my Razr sharper than ever and shine like its first day. Motorola better leak the bootloader unlock sbf for xt910 owners as promised and finish this fiasco that they created. What i want is just a kernel which last, runs fast & stable. Razr has the potencial for anything, it would be nice phone to have while developing and trying new things.

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
STS guys are still working on it, as I can see on the repo. But we are also working on something own. Be patient, nice things will find their way to the razr finally.

P.S. Not an promise... some patience is required :D

Reactions: bigdee888

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!
    Guys I've read something on there...
    Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
    The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)
    Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bull****, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.