Let me know when you get your Atrix!

Search This thread

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
Hey guys, shout out and let me know if you get your Atrix today and if you are rooting!

Curios to see how big the community is :)

Reactions: jthunt11

FNugget

Feb 16, 2011
I want to, but this is my first Android phone and I'm new to all this. The tutorial doesn't back up before the whole process, so I'm wary.
How do I run a backup before proceeding with the breifmobile tutorial?

TheEscapist

Nov 9, 2010
Toronto
I want to, but this is my first Android phone and I'm new to all this. The tutorial doesn't back up before the whole process, so I'm wary.
How do I run a backup before proceeding with the breifmobile tutorial?

You can't, because you need root to backup. :p

But seriously, rooting is not dangerous at all. All it does is pushes a root exploit to your phone, runs it, then once it has temp root, it pushes su and installs superuser.

Sent from my Captivate using XDA App

killerb7854

Oct 22, 2007
Oswego, NY
Mines on the truck out for delivery as well.

I'm sure I will root after some more reading. This is my first android and I look forward to tweaking it to the max as I have done with my winmo devices in the past. Root access seems to be right up my alley but I'm always kind timid when it comes to possibly voiding the waranty on my shiny new gadget. :p

Thanks designgears for your part in rooting this device. I'm very happy to see this information already available for when I am ready to take that step.

coleburns

Dec 22, 2010
London
Well, as i live in the UK, i won't be able to report anything soon. Might consider getting it from America and hoping to God someone finds a way to unlock it. Expensive but might be worth it. I want one. Sucks :mad:

Last edited:

killerb7854

Oct 22, 2007
Oswego, NY
But seriously, rooting is not dangerous at all. All it does is pushes a root exploit to your phone, runs it, then once it has temp root, it pushes su and installs superuser.

Thanks for this simplified explanation. Makes me think more and more that I will be rooting sooner rather than later.

I hear that it is easy to unroot for warranty purposes. Is that true?

mthguy

Feb 11, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Mine should be here soon! I am so excited. can wait to root it, first thing! then maybe I will you know, in stall my SIM and maybe use it as a phone, but hacking comes first. Glad to have DG here and in support of this phone, makes me a little happier with it.

Chirunavvutho

Jan 17, 2007
NJ
Mine is on truck for delivery to my local store. Will post here once I get it. Been Loyal Windows mobile user for 4 years and tried may cooked up ROMs.

andrew53517

Aug 24, 2009
Should be here today too!! Ill be rooting right when I get home too so I can restore my apps too! :D

Droid Incredible Rooted!

TheEscapist

Nov 9, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for this simplified explanation. Makes me think more and more that I will be rooting sooner rather than later.

Yep, just remove superuser and /system/xbin/su. Its a simple as starting up an adb shell, and deleting those two.

NonovUrbizniz

Jul 6, 2007
I HAD TO GO TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids/Wife are home so hopefully it shows up... there's a snow storm though and the delivery guys are notorious for just not delivering in the snow... they drive by the houses they're supposed to and if they're not shoveled and salted they don't even get out of the truck... just drive on by.

I shoveled the entire route to my house from the road... lol.. it's not short.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep, just remove superuser and /system/xbin/su. Its a simple as starting up an adb shell, and deleting those two.

If anyone needs help please hit me up. I'm available all day long for the first timers.
    Hey guys, shout out and let me know if you get your Atrix today and if you are rooting!

Curios to see how big the community is :)
    It's here!!!! Will be rooting asap
    Im a die hard Windows 6.5 user, making the move to android....
    i see many peeps are backing up their apps...im very much a noob to android...and i see that many folks are rooting...anyone care to share what rooting does for the device and what i can expect from android over windows?

Rooting (On this phone) Will let you install 3rd party apps. And will give you access to administrator permissions to an extent. It will allow you to remove and backup your data. And you will expect a LOT when you make the jump. It's like night and day. It's like updating your Windows 95 computer to a Windows 7 one.