Samsung galaxy S3 bricked

Search This thread

LiLTrippz

Jul 15, 2012
I posted this thread before but it was in the wront s3 section i put it in the verizon version. my model number is i747.

What happened was it was updating via Samsung Kies and in the middle of updating, my computer shut off. now the phone doesn't turn on but when I connect it to the computer it says " Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008" can you guys tell me if this is fixable and how I can fix it?

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I posted this thread before but it was in the wront s3 section i put it in the verizon version. my model number is i747.

What happened was it was updating via Samsung Kies and in the middle of updating, my computer shut off. now the phone doesn't turn on but when I connect it to the computer it says " Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008" can you guys tell me if this is fixable and how I can fix it?

Do you recall what Android version you were on before attempting the update? You can first try to see if you can do a firmware recovery via Kies. If this doesn't work, then you can use Odin or recovery to flash a complete stock image - depending on what version you were on. To use Kies ...

Launch Kies on your computer. Do not connect your phone to the computer at this stage
Select Tools => Firmware Upgrade and Initialization
Enter the phone model name <SGH-I747>
Enter the phone serial no. Check the battery compartment for this.
Click OK and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. Wait for firmware download to complete.

Let's know if this works. If not, we can try the option of firmware restore via Odin or recovery.

LiLTrippz

Jul 15, 2012
Do you recall what Android version you were on before attempting the update? You can first try to see if you can do a firmware recovery via Kies. If this doesn't work, then you can use Odin or recovery to flash a complete stock image - depending on what version you were on. To use Kies ...

Launch Kies on your computer. Do not connect your phone to the computer at this stage
Select Tools => Firmware Upgrade and Initialization
Enter the phone model name <SGH-I747>
Enter the phone serial no. Check the battery compartment for this.
Click OK and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. Wait for firmware download to complete.

Let's know if this works. If not, we can try the option of firmware restore via Odin or recovery.

okay lol. big problem. The other computer that shut down no longer works. motherboard is fried lol. I'm using a laptop atm. I believe it was on 4.2.2 before and it was updating to 4.3 (i think it was).

EDIT:

That doesn't work, I tried going into recovery mode and the phone doesn't respond to anything.

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It's a long shot but try removing the battery for a few hours, re-insert, and try to get into download mode.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
okay lol. big problem. The other computer that shut down no longer works. motherboard is fried lol. I'm using a laptop atm. I believe it was on 4.2.2 before and it was updating to 4.3 (i think it was).

EDIT:

That doesn't work, I tried going into recovery mode and the phone doesn't respond to anything.

More likely you had 4.1.2 (or 4.1.1) as there is no 4.2.2 for the I747. If the computer failed in the middle of an upgrade to 4.3, most likely your bootloader would have been updated to 4.3 already. You may try to see if you can set up Kies on another system. If Kies still doesn't work, then we would just have to find a way to get to recovery. How about download mode, are you able to get into that or is the device failing for both download and recovery modes?

Sorry about the computer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a long shot but try removing the battery for a few hours, re-insert, and try to get into download mode.
    Do you have the i747m? How did it become a brick?