[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39E] Slim Bean Build 8 - manta [05.08.2013]

Search This thread

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
I don't want the old tablet UI back, actually. I just don't want the button in the middle. I want them on the left, with the status bar still at the top. Like you can do with CraigGomez's ROM. Which hasn't been updated since December.

iamikon

May 17, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build1 - manta

I think craigs is the only rom that does that without tablet ui. This is still a great rom. Get about 16500 in antutu on stock kernel and everything is smaller giving you more screen space

XDA HD - Nexus 10 - my Unicorn has KTPUB wings...

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Actually, the EOS ROMs can do it, too. It's probably a simple edit to the nav bar layout code that gives the user the choice of where the buttons should be by changing the code that centers them to code that left aligns them. It's apparently an easy edit, and I wish more ROM devs would add it into their ROMs. It's a perfect balance between the tablet UI and the standard Android UI.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build1 - manta

Actually, the EOS ROMs can do it, too. It's probably a simple edit to the nav bar layout code that gives the user the choice of where the buttons should be by changing the code that centers them to code that left aligns them. It's apparently an easy edit, and I wish more ROM devs would add it into their ROMs. It's a perfect balance between the tablet UI and the standard Android UI.

Did you check out our feature for that? Isn't that the same? I don't own a tablet and can't test it so I rely on your feedback on that. If it's not the same please give me the commit and I take a look at it.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Did you check out our feature for that? Isn't that the same? I don't own a tablet and can't test it so I rely on your feedback on that. If it's not the same please give me the commit and I take a look at it.

From the features page: "- Navigation bar: Too many options to list so have a play ;)"

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
AW: [ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean Build1 - manta

From the features page: "- Navigation bar: Too many options to list so have a play ;)"

You simply could flash the rom and try for yourself ;) worst thing is that you have to restore backup. I really would like to give you more information on that but as I mentioned i don't own a tablet to test by myself

iamikon

May 17, 2012

As far as I know we can't change the position of the buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

goosefraba91

Oct 8, 2010
For some reason after flashing the latest rom, my tablet isn't recognizing my 5ghz wifi network anymore. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

iamikon

May 17, 2012

Hmmm it recognized mine. Can you get a log when it searches/tries to connect?

xda hd - nexus 10 - KT infused Carbons - booooom!

iamikon

May 17, 2012

Oh yeah its set as Europe lol forgot about that. Glad you got it fixed.

goosefraba91

Oct 8, 2010
I have noticed another problem I'm having though. Sometimes when I press the back button it takes me straight to Google now, and when dragging up from the home button, the Google now button is in the bottom left of the nav ring instead of being at the top center. I've tried messing with the nav ring and nav button settings to fix this to no avail..

iamikon

May 17, 2012

Strange. I didn't run into that during testing. It is most likely a DPI issue?

iamikon

May 17, 2012

320 is normal so if everything is working and looks good stick with it. I never had problems at 264 so never had to change it :) 260 or 300 is what PA uses i believe

Correction 260 so try that :)

tarbos00

Mar 20, 2011

I have noticed another problem I'm having though. Sometimes when I press the back button it takes me straight to Google now, and when dragging up from the home button, the Google now button is in the bottom left of the nav ring instead of being at the top center. I've tried messing with the nav ring and nav button settings to fix this to no avail..

I managed to solve it by deleting the "Google Now" target in Settings->Interface->Navigation Bar->Ring Targets. It's an ugly workaround, but it's not as I was going to use the ring menu anyway.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
I managed to solve it by deleting the "Google Now" target in Settings->Interface->Navigation Bar->Ring Targets. It's an ugly workaround, but it's not as I was going to use the ring menu anyway.

did you try to replace it afterwards? i can take a look at it incase this is really completely broken and wasn't simply misplaced

goosefraba91

Oct 8, 2010

did you try to replace it afterwards? i can take a look at it incase this is really completely broken and wasn't simply misplaced

Yep, tried doing that and replace it, and it still is all the way over to the bottom left. When I tried adding another target, the Google target disappeared completely and the new target I had set was in the 10 o'clock position of the nav ring. Also my back button takes me directly to Google Now when the target is enabled, but when I removed all the targets from the nav ring, it behaved normally.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

It's almost like the nav ring has been rotated 90° somehow

abe_cedar

May 23, 2011
Houston
thanks & video

Thanks guys for your amazing rom.
I could not play a video. All are choppy. I have used the timesscape file @ native resol. It might be a goog video driver issue.
Switched back 2 4.2.1 and video plays nice now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Guys Build 7 just got released, have fun!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build4

If coming from 4.1 (Slim Bean 3.x) do a full wipe. In case of an upgrade (Beta1->Beta2) wipe cache/dalvik and only do full wipe if you have any problems.
    We just released Build 6! Happy Flashing :D

Attention:
    Due to the updated TRDS 2.0 code, you HAVE TO download and flash the new gapps packages this time.
    Build 5 released! Have fun guys :good: