[Q] Stuck on boot screen, no recovery, and now just stock 4.4.2

Search This thread

Rocky1988

Jun 20, 2014
I have a massive issue...

Somehow I lost my TWRP recovery and when I tried to reflash it, I got the "software unauthorized by Verizon error" each time I started my phone.

I thought, no biggy, I'll just reflash back to VRALJB and all will be well with the world. Did it. No problem.

I then tried to unlock the bootloader. This is when all hell broke loose. I had to reflash VRALJB again and since then, I started getting stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" screen (the first one, immediately after the phone turns on). I could not enter recovery using the (Volume UP + PWR + HOME) key combo. I could only enter download mode and use odin.

I tried everything. The only thing that worked was downloading the stock 4.4.2 Verizon image released a few days ago from sammobile.com
(I605VRUFND7_I605VZWFND7_VZW).

Now, I do not have root and my bootloader is locked, but at least I have a working phone and KitKat.

Hopefully the above helps someone, but, my question is, where do I go from here?

How do I go about installing a custom recovery and getting root? I would like to keep stock 4.4.2 as well and before anyone asks why, I want custom recovery for the sole purpose of managing my TWRP backups. Stock OS though.

mushypizza

Oct 25, 2011
Since you updated to 4.4.2, there isn't much you can do. No root, no recovery, no safestrap...yet. The only thing you can do is wait for developers to find a way to root this version of android.

cosakhao

Sep 24, 2013
Hi my friend, I have met the same problem, so could you tell me how to get that I605VZWFND7_VZW rom~

Please~~