[ROM] Kyorarom Ascendency (v0.5.2 - JPU Based)

What lockscreen/small icons system should I use?

• 5 Lockscreen with no MIUI and no small icons

Votes: 101 48.6%
  • 9 Lockscreen with MIUI and small icons

Votes: 97 46.6%
  • 9 Lockscreen without MIUI, but buggy

Votes: 10 4.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Stanislaus

Apr 19, 2012
Bridgetown
I got a PM the other day from someone asking me to make a new Froyo ROM for the Galaxy 3, and seeing I'm bored I feel in the mood to dust off the old girl. So would anyone be interested or does nobody use Froyo ROMs on the G3 anymore?

Note it would be very hybridised with Jellybean and such to get some performance boosts from that, and I'm looking into getting MTD working on Kyorakernel (Marcells CM kernel repo seems to be missing, so I don't have anything to work against so I'm having to go from scratch), so there is potential for getting more speed out of Froyo.

Wow!! You could make a faster 2.2 rom?! I benched 1978 in antutu with kyorarom clocked at 1.2Ghz. :D Yeah I would be happy to have a new rom from you bro.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

griauciai

Mar 31, 2011
I got a PM the other day from someone asking me to make a new Froyo ROM for the Galaxy 3, and seeing I'm bored I feel in the mood to dust off the old girl. So would anyone be interested or does nobody use Froyo ROMs on the G3 anymore?

Note it would be very hybridised with Jellybean and such to get some performance boosts from that, and I'm looking into getting MTD working on Kyorakernel (Marcells CM kernel repo seems to be missing, so I don't have anything to work against so I'm having to go from scratch), so there is potential for getting more speed out of Froyo.

Yes, there are people using froyo rom and that would be grate if you make a new froyo rom :)

DoR2

Mar 9, 2012
Snezhinsk

I'm alsi intersted in Froyo ROM as this ROMs are the most stable and fast ROMs for out G3 I think:good:

czat

Oct 30, 2010
precisely the reason...and given his reputation...we could get the perfect froyo rom and i can finally die in piece :p

sent from my GT-I5801

Once you get addicted of ROM flashing, I am afraid there is no peace. After installing each ROM I feel like "Wow this is the best ROM ever" lol but after a few days feel tempted to try another one.

Like others can't wait to try new release of Kyorarom :good:

andreapier

Feb 7, 2011
Did you give up on developing kermel 3.4? I'd like to see some development in that thread, not in yet another froyo rom!
By the way, do what you feel like.

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
Did you give up on developing kermel 3.4? I'd like to see some development in that thread, not in yet another froyo rom!
By the way, do what you feel like.

Kernel 3.4 development is paused until I figure out why I can't get into a shell anymore. Something has gone wrong in the kernel and I have no clue what.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

karipari95

Aug 21, 2012
Mumbai
Reactions: Spieletips

NathanielCaron

Jan 29, 2012

That would be just awesome.

tbschommer

I'd also like so see this very much!

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
I haven't worked on it in a week or so as I've been rebuilding my laptop (installed Linux and Windows back on it), but at this stage I'm working from the ground up to make it work by starting with the kernel. I feel that is where the biggest improvements in performance can be found for poor old Froyo. As I said I want to make an MTD based firmware so that means porting MTD to the phone which has been done before but marcell has since removed that repository so I'm working from scratch. I have ported the OneNAND drivers from 2.6.35 as they are better and less messy than ours but its still a mess. There's a few DMA functions missing in 32 that the drivers want so I need to port them too before it'll work.

I have also been working on embedding some of Samsungs modules into the kernel, such as FM radio and modemctl. The FM radio works which is good news, modemctl crashes which is bad news. Need to fix that too. The idea here is to make a moduleless kernel or at least a kernel with only modules for WiFi/dhd.ko.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1679uz7.jpg

The principle behind this ROM: to make the ROM as fast as possible without sacrificing functionality.

Basic Features
    • Deodexed
    • JIT
    • Rooted
    • JPU based
    • CMbins
    • Zipaligned
    • Kyoratweaks
    • Kyoralock
    • Kyoraapp
    • 3G Turbocharged
    • Hybrid Data2SD and SD card swap
    • G3MOD Kernel (tightly integrated)
    • Overclock to 1.2GHz on OC version
    • CWM recovery
    • Multi-boot
    • Multi-data capable (tag: FROYO)
    • 4 Launchers (ADW, LauncherPro, MIUI and TouchWiz)
    • Voodoo Sound v10
    • Latest Google Apps (YouTube, Market, Maps, etc)
    • Quite clean (this doesn't mean loads of free space on /system. I have 8MB free on my /system and I don't plan on increasing that as I don't wish to remove functionality from Kyorarom)

Screenshots
    22ywd2.jpg

Demonstration Video
    Thanks to Shree_Jamdar for the video

Kyoraapp Thread (For Guides And Help With It)

Bugs And Questions Thread

Performance
    Give me some performance stats to put here
    • 9.5+ MFLOPS in Linpack @ 800MHz (compared to 7.022 MFLOPS in CM6.2)

Credits
    Team G3MOD for their kernel
    marcellusbe for his work on the Galaxy 3
    Kyrillos for all the scripts he's gotten working on this phone and the Camera.apk
    moikop for his assistance with G3MOD Kernel and Kyoraapp
    Shree_Jamdar for the Kyorarom Demo video
    Rudolf895 for all his guides
    RafayelG for helping and pointing me in the right direction
    zeppelinrox for V6 Supercharger and Kickass Kernel tweaks
    Team Lambent Corrosion for Kitchen (this isn't a Kitchen ROM, but I got ideas from Kitchen)
    SG3Bri team for their great theme (for Kyorarom 0.4.0 and lower)
    alen1901 for his great theme (for Kyorarom Ascendency)
    boombuler for AppWidgetPicker

A big thanks all the respective developers of the included apps

And lastly thanks to Samsung for making a great phone and then screwing it up with weird software :p

Thanks For Donations
    Thanks for the donation ajiekc905!
    Thanks for the donation fuxmen!
    Thanks for the donation max5800!
    Thanks for the donation Kyrillos13!
    Thanks for the donation Zmajur!
    Thanks for the donation Orilin!
    Thanks for the donation mankokoma!
    Thanks for the donation rkkoby!
    Thanks for the donation fuxmen (again)!
    Thanks for the donation rkkoby (again)!
    Thanks for the donation mankokoma (again)!
    Thanks for the donation fbecker!
    Thanks for the donation Martin Hölzel!
    Change Log

Changelog

attachment.php

v0.5.2
    • Fixed the ringtone 'volume increasing' so-called bug which I didn't really see as being that big of a problem but everyone wanted me to fix it since like version v0.2.0 so now people can stop asking about it :)
    • Power Control widget is now transparent and looks cool (thanks kyrillos13 for showing me which file to edit)
    • Updated to latest Google Search Widget and made it transparent as well. Looks cooler.
    • Modified build.prop to make it easier to locate what needs to be removed to disable 3G Turbocharger.

v0.5.1
    • Replaced Mms.apk with the Samsung/Kyrillos one so people can stop asking about delivery reports.
    • Replaced CWM recovery for the ROM with standard CWM 2.5 rather than G3MOD recovery (if you are using G3MOD Kernel then you will still get G3MOD recovery)
    • Replaced Settings icon with the Samsung one. Looks better than the ICS icon.
    • Mms.apk has a blue icon to make it look cooler.
    • Mms.apk recoloured to resemble the theme closer.
    • Updated Hybrid Data2SD script. Can't remember what I did to it, but it's improved and works better now on Fugumod.
    • Lockscreen now shows that you have an unread message

v0.5.0
    • Rebuilt to be more stable and faster
    • Updated all apps to latest versions
    • Updated Busybox
    • Updated boot animation to have the new Team Kyorabro logo
    • Updated skin for Google Search Widget (looks cooler now)
    • Updated 3G Turbocharger
    • Added Arabic font support
    • Added new theme
    • Added Kyoraapp (thanks to moikop for making it)
    • Added Kyoralock (for locking apps into the RAM - can add more apps by listing their process name in /sdcard/Android/data/Kyorarom/applock)
    • Added Kyorarom applocker (same as above but can be called upon at any stage by doing 'applock com.android.phone' or 'applock com.facebook.katana')
    • Added Kyoratweaks (VM and kernel tweaks - faster than V6 Supercharger)
    • Added new dialer, phone, and messaging apps (thanks to alen1901)
    • Added more ringtones and notifications
    • Added a specific folder for Kyorarom on the SD card and data partition (data is for logs, SD card is for configs)
    • Removed MIUI Launcher
    • Removed V6 Supercharger
    • Removed Kickass Kernel
    • Removed swap activation. You will need to do this yourself. It's giving me too much lag now.
    • Removed icon theme
    • Fixed small icon bug

attachment.php

v0.4.1
    • Removed BLN (if you have enabled BLN yourself and you still want it, you may need to reinstall BLN update.zip after this update)
    • Updated Adfree, QuickPic, Google Streetview and Terminal Emulator

v0.4.0
    • Updated G3MOD Kernel (using a special release by me called Kyorarom Infinity Kernel)
    • Updated V6 Supercharger to Update 9 beta 6.3
    • Updated boot animation and wallpaper
    • Updated Spare Parts
    • Updated Google Maps
    • Updated Android Market
    • Updated Superuser apk
    • Added WiFi Ad Hoc support
    • Added AppWidgetPicker (sorts out the widget menu a lot more)
    • Added KMapp to replace G3MOD app.
    • Added tune2fs binary (so you don't have to add it manually)
    • Added 3G Turbocharger
    • Added TouchWiz Keyboard
    • Added 'no-sync' libsqlite.so
    • Added Ice Cream Sandwich font (Roboto)
    • Added bmlunlock binary (saves me having to include it in update.zips whenever I want to update the kernel)
    • Added app_process from fugutweaks and system_server from Ice Cream Sandwich (apps load quicker)
    • Replaced CM Music.apk with stock Samsung MusicPlayer.apk (renamed to Music.apk)
    • Replaced CM Calendar.apk with stock Samsung Calendar (renamed to Calendar.apk)
    • Removed MIUI Clock
    • Fixed Hybrid Data2SD init.d script (both in the kernel and the init.d version for Fugumod)
    • Fixed Quickpic library
    • Fixed 'profile' malware exploit
    • Fixed some icon associations in the theme (so certain apps that didn't get icons before now get icons so they don't look out of place)

attachment.php

v0.3.3
    • Updated Superuser and su to latest version
    • Updated Gmail and QuickPic

v0.3.2
    • Fixed the checkbox placement bug in the theme

v0.3.1
    • JIT ACTUALLY Enabled: Now the phone will have the performance it's supposed to have.

v0.3.0
    • JPU based
    • G3MOD 2.0
    • Removed App2SDv2 and replaced with Hybrid Data2SD (you will notice no difference)
    • Whatever the equivalent G3MOD App version will be for G3MOD Kernel v2.0
    • Added MIUI Launcher
    • G3MOD CWM built into system, so you can flash Fugumod and keep CWM.
    • Added CM Wallpapers
    • Added AOSP Froyo Keyboard
    • Force close lag bug fixed
    • Apps all updated to latest versions.
    • CMbins 0.3.1
    • V6 Supercharger enabled by default
    • Added standard Android Froyo keyboard
    • Added Google Genie Widget
    • Removed more pointless Samsung garbage (wssyncmlnps.apk, FactoryTest.apk, SelfTestMode.apk, syncmldm.apk, UNAService.apk (for Samsung Apps), MtpApplication.apk (Kies - IT NEVER WORKED!), OtaProvisioningService.apk, lcdtest.apk, Samsung Keyboard, Bluetooth Printing, Dual Clock Widget, Protips
    • Removed ramhack (it's useless if you have V6 Supercharger, and I have included Firstsuper which does the same thing and will be removed upon first Supercharging)

v0.2.0
    • Remade ROM from ground up so it has a nice clean slate.
    • Added C3bins v0.2.0
    • Fixed V6 Supercharger no-reboot. Now it will reboot when you tell it to
    • G3MOD v1.9 Lite/Ultimate
    • Added Kickass Kernel mod
    • Update.zip can be installed over stock JPS (provided you have CWM and have rooted the JPS)
    • Fastest version of Kyorarom ever
    • 9 Lockscreens
    • Updated G3MOD App v1.4

v0.1.1
    • Fixed browser by replacing Browser.apk with the one from JPM
    • G3MOD v1.8 Lite/Ultimate - Check the G3MOD thread to see the updates.

v0.1.0
    • Added Dolphin Browser to replace standard browser (I recommend using this until I can figure out the browser force close bug)
    • Reenabled HSDPA fix which I foolishly disabled by accident
    • Enabled swap partition on SD card
    • Replaced theme with SG3Bri because Black Android has broken toggle buttons (they didn't light up) (thanks to brigo, dhirend_3g and Akash.gpta for the theme)
    • Added Ubuntu font (it looks fresh and clean)

v0.0.2
    • Fixed Script Manager (Was missing the lib)
    • Fixed V6 Supercharger (It generates an init.d script that is incompatible with G3Mod)

Features To Get Working/Known Issues
    • Tell me what to add!

If there are more features people want then just request it here. If someone can tell me how I can do the features listed then PM me.
    It seems I have a situation on my hands and I see only one way I can solve this.

I have been informed by an anonymous tipster that somewhere (I don't know where, could be IRC, could be Facebook, could be a thread, I don't know, and to be honest I don't care) that people are gathering together and wish to either hack me, or at least do something very nasty to me, and some of it is a result of the reply (now snipped) that I placed in my thread recently. In hindsight it wasn't a smart idea because it just meant the people who hate me would read it differently to how I meant it.

Now I know it's been removed from the thread so what's done should be cleared up but the fact people are still talking about it, and people are still very nasty about it (and it seems very vocal how much people hate me now), I was informed that a moderator is now being harassed too that the mod isn't doing his/her job right. I know they are doing their job because they have given me more than enough warnings to have me banned from the XDA, and I am now on my last leg.

I don't want to see them go down because of my stupid actions because they are a good person, and I have huge amounts of respect for them and their work, so I have decided that the only course of action now is to leave the Galaxy 3 community for good. My name is now dirt here, so it is pointless for me to continue on the Galaxy 3 forum for the sake of a few people who do still appreciate my efforts.

I should mention that I am not leaving because I am afraid of being attacked and that I am hoping this stops whatever attack that these people have planned (if it's even true, I don't even know who the tipster is, it was anonymous). I am leaving under my own decision to protect everyone, myself, the moderator, Team DroidDevs, the members, and the community. Me staying here will just fuel the fire more and it's best I just go so that this place can be happier. I hope that my leaving will make this place better than it was while I was here.

It was good developing for you guys before things went bad (mostly it was my fault), and maybe we will run into each other on another devices forum whatever that may be.

Regards,

Hill Beast
    Guides

Installing From Multi-Boot (recommended option)
    • Make sure you have G3Mod v1.7 or later
    • Copy system.img to sdcard/Android/data/g3mod/roms/Kyorarom_ROM/
    • Reboot phone to recovery
    • Go into multiboot and switch to the Kyorarom ROM
    • Reboot phone
    • Enjoy Kyorarom

Installing From Odin
    • Reboot phone into download mode
    • Use Odin Multi Downloader to install .tar
    • When CWM runs, tell it to wipe data/factory reset
    • Reboot phone
    • Enjoy Kyorarom