[ALPHA1][ROM][4.2.1]CyanogenMod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL[1/17]

Search This thread

PhilPan

Am I missing where to switch to save to SD card in the camera?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

to anyone having GPS issues.. What ROM did you come from, otherwise what was your last non AOSP ROM you ran before installing this and getting GPS issues .. Cause I am not having issues at all.

I've come from Bean's and only Beans. Never flashed any other roms to phone.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
There's only one thing that I have found that's been bugging me (see what I did thar? bug har har) and the best way I can explain it is list scroll lag. In many of my apps I get this wierd choppiness when I scroll up and down. It happens in multiple apps from different developers. The easiest one I can use for you guys to see is ES File Explorer which is free in the market. Install it and pretty much everything about this app is choppy. From scrolling through the file system to even pressing Menu and going into settings. It's all really choppy. No clue what's going on but capping my CPU clock speed do
Ive been on the alpha and now on test 1 25 2 and use es explorer multiple times each day to move files/etc. I have noticed zero lag there or other scrolling apps (in xda app now). Not saying you shouldnt see it. Only mentioned it cause I saw you posted about it again in official thread. Im just not on official yet cause this build has been nice to me thus far.
I will mention that one thing that came to mind is that es and xda have internet access and you and others have mentioned 5G wifi issues. Maybe they are related.

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Ive been on the alpha and now on test 1 25 2 and use es explorer multiple times each day to move files/etc. I have noticed zero lag there or other scrolling apps (in xda app now). Not saying you shouldnt see it. Only mentioned it cause I saw you posted about it again in official thread. Im just not on official yet cause this build has been nice to me thus far.
I will mention that one thing that came to mind is that es and xda have internet access and you and others have mentioned 5G wifi issues. Maybe they are related.

Negative on the Wifi relation. I see the choppiness in other apps as well that do not use any data whatsoever.

Also someone else confirmed in the official nightlies thread that they too are experiencing the horrible framerates while scrolling. I'm guessing you just aren't used to framerate lag and don't really notice it. I just wish more people, with an eye for framerate, would comment on this issue. Hopefully when they add the commit for the new GPU drivers that fixes it.

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
to anyone having GPS issues.. What ROM did you come from, otherwise what was your last non AOSP ROM you ran before installing this and getting GPS issues .. Cause I am not having issues at all.

If this is true I'll flash this as soon as I have some time. I rely on my GPS a lot. Cyanogenmod is and has always been my go to and my favorite but I really need my GPS to be spot on.

I own a restaurant and rely on my GPS for delivering catering parties and I play Ingress.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
I'm guessing you just aren't used to framerate lag and don't really notice it. I just wish more people, with an eye for framerate, would comment on this issue.
I'm guessing you werent meaning to come acros with a holier than though attitude. You and maybe a small handful of people are having issues with framerate lag. I was replying to your request for people to help to test something out. Dont mouth off because my and most others results dont show what you were hoping.

Last edited:
Reactions: chefdave12118

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
I'm guessing you werent meaning to come acros with a holier than though attitude. You and maybe a small handful of people are having issues with framerate lag. I was replying to your request for people to help to test something out. Dont mouth off because my and most others results dont show what you were hoping.

I want to apologize if I came off as having attitude, this was not my intention. I want you to read the following though and understand my frustration with the problem at hand, which by the way has been completely resolved. I will explain how at the end:

I grew up playing videogames my whole life. Today I stand, 25 years old and still an avid gamer. I've been playing games on my PC at upwards of 120+ frames per second on CRT monitors with ridiculously high refresh rates. If you put me in front of a PC playing a game locked at 60 FPS and another locked at 120 fps, I could tell a massive difference not just visually, but feeling it through the input devices as well. The significant majority of people who interact with videogames and computers cannot tell the difference between 30 fps and 60. This is a huge gap that any avid gamer should detect.

Now comes this issue of horrible framerates in lists running CM10.1. I know what low framerates look like. I wish I knew of an app to monitor and display your current framerate to prove myself right (and subsequently you wrong, although I mean no offense this is likely not your fault) but I know of no such program for Android. How do I know I was right? A few days ago user kejar31 released this kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127212

It is meant for AOSP 4.2.x. In this kernel is an older version of the GPU drivers for our phone's graphics chip. It has been vastly reported that by using that kernel, with the older graphics drivers, that all artifacts and corruption on the display have been resolved. Of those graphics related artifacts, is the scroll framerate issue I reported and a few others acknowledged as having as well. I installed the newest nightly, flashed the kernel, and noticed a huge jump in fps in the very same menus. The problem was solved.

So now this all comes back to your response to me. Who's to believe? Is it possible you're right and somehow magically your device, which was made in the same assembly line as all other Note 2's, using the very same hardware and ROM, does not have this problem? Is that really likely? Or was there really an issue there that has since been resolved and you just can't perceive it as others can? Well I know for a fact there was an issue, as I have the solution in that kernel (thanks kejar) so how should I feel about your reply to me? I never meant for it to be insulting, but when the evidence people bring to a forum discussion is nothing more than subjective experiences it is so frustrating for them to present their experience as fact when you know it's wrong.

I won't say any more on this topic as my problem (and really, everyone's problem) with the framerate issues is resolved.

sbrissen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
while the older gpu driver fixes graphics glitches it also has memory leaks which is why it hasn't been approved and merged into the cm kernel from gerrit. For now Mali r3p0 and Ump r3p0 is the only ones without the memory leak from what we can tell.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Now comes this issue of horrible framerates in lists running CM10.1. I know what low framerates look like. I wish I knew of an app to monitor and display your current framerate to prove myself right (and subsequently you wrong, although I mean no offense this is likely not your fault) but I know of no such program for Android. How do I know I was right? A few days ago user kejar31 released this kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127212

It is meant for AOSP 4.2.x. In this kernel is an older version of the GPU drivers for our phone's graphics chip. It has been vastly reported that by using that kernel, with the older graphics drivers, that all artifacts and corruption on the display have been resolved. Of those graphics related artifacts, is the scroll framerate issue I reported and a few others acknowledged as having as well. I installed the newest nightly, flashed the kernel, and noticed a huge jump in fps in the very same menus. The problem was solved.

So now this all comes back to your response to me. Who's to believe? Is it possible you're right and somehow magically your device, which was made in the same assembly line as all other Note 2's, using the very same hardware and ROM, does not have this problem? Is that really likely? Or was there really an issue there that has since been resolved and you just can't perceive it as others can? Well I know for a fact there was an issue, as I have the solution in that kernel (thanks kejar) so how should I feel about your reply to me? I never meant for it to be insulting, but when the evidence people bring to a forum discussion is nothing more than subjective experiences it is so frustrating for them to present their experience as fact when you know it's wrong.

I won't say any more on this topic as my problem (and really, everyone's problem) with the framerate issues is resolved.
Couple of things here... You still sound condescending. "Scroll lag", as you first described it, could easily be interpreted as something other than framerate lag. You don't know me or my background or experiences so don't try to talk down to me.

It appears you don't know anything about it when you say things like "somehow magically your device, which was made in the same assembly line as all other Note 2's, using the very same hardware and ROM, does not have this problem?". Not all chips, cpu's or gpu's respond the same even if they are created the same.

You unfortunately don't see that your problem was also just a subjective experience. The gpu drivers were obviously adjusted/updated for a reason, likely because they work fine on many of the new gpu's.

Maybe you should have skipped a couple years of video gaming and learned how to interact in the real world so you don't come across the way you do.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that may occur as a result of flashing this.

NOTE: JB 4.2 will move anything in /sdcard to /sdcard/0 on first boot. If you revert back to JB 4.1 you will have to manually move things back

These are Unofficial CM 10.1 builds for the Verizon Note 2 I605.

PreReq: Bootloader Unlocked!
    This needs to be flashed in CWM (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2045587)

Instructions:
    -Download and copy rom to sdcard
    -Download and copy gapps to sdcard (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip)
    -Reboot into recovery (CWM)
    -Flash rom
    -Flash gapps
    -Wipe data/cache
    -Reboot

Known Bugs:
    - nfc is flaky
    - Orientation sensor sometimes needs screen off/on a few times to start
    - GPS may or may not work

[Alpha 1]ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390275921635705050
    Mirror: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Sbrissen/cm_i605-ota-eng.sbrissen42_ALPHA1.zip
    Changes:
    - Initial Release

Source: http://github.com/sbrissen

Thanks to all my testers and those that helped me get a note 2!

Credits:
    Team Hacksung
    CM
    TSM
    imnuts
    slick_rick
    AdamOutler/Ralekdev
    Thank you sbrissen for developing for this awesome device and all of our donaters who made it possible! None of this would have happened without you guys :)

You will lose S Pen and other Touchwiz functionality if you flash this but here is how you can get some of that functionality back! Thanks weehooherod2 for his tips!
    1. S Pen works (try out the app Papyrus as a replacement to S Note, Papyrus does utilize the S Pen button as well).
    2. Air View works (Go to settings, Language & input, check "Show icon when using stylus".
    3. The S Pen button works (Go to settings, Language & input, Stylus gestures, those all use the s pen button).
    4. Pop up browser = OverSkreen from the Google Play Store.
    5. I use the 4.2 Camera on Touchwiz anyway. There are plenty of good camera apps in the market if you want more features.
    6. Multiwindow, I don't know of an alternative. Onskreen's Cornerstone could surely do it!
    And here's some alternatives to Touchwiz apps (PM me if you want me to add something!)
    Code:
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.stickit"]Stick it! (Pop-up Player)[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil&hl=en"]MoboPlayer[/URL]- It's another very capable, free video player with floating player functionality. Plus its free!
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803284"]FloatNote[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ngarside.memo"]Memo[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus"]Papyrus Beta[/URL]

If you want to come chat about this alpha release, join us on IRC channel #sprnote2 on freenode.

DO NOT USE 20121011 GAPPS OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES, USE 20121212 GAPPS.

If you want to downgrade back to a 4.1.x ROM, flash the restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip attached below AFTER flashing back to 4.1.x ROM. Your storage situation will be how it was pre-CM10.1 flash. Thanks to madmack for the file.
    Can we start downloading these from the nightlys get.cm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Very soon.

These are unofficial builds. So no.
    Well we do have official status now. Just waiting for our device to show on get.cm

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    These may be stupid questions, but i see that the at&t and t-mo versions of the GN2 are now in official nightly CM status. So what is the big difference between ours and theirs? Is there any way those versions, or pieces of them, can be ported to work on ours?
    The difference is CDMA which means no it cant be ported. However, I'd say the VZW GNote 2 is pretty much ready for official merge. I think sbrissen is just waiting til he can merge Sprint and VZW at the same time.
    Get your nightlies hot and ready! http://get.cm/?device=i605