[Q] Switching to ATT - SIM Card Advice Please?

Search This thread

JeffinAZ

May 8, 2014
Upon receipt of my new One Plus One phone (which I will be ordering as soon as available), I will need to switch my service to ATT from Verizon.
I noticed they have several different SIM card options--which one would work best?

JeffinAZ

May 8, 2014
The OnePlus ONE is compatible with microSIM cards.
Thanks but to clarify, ATT offers several different SIM card choices which depend upon the type of phone you have (e.g. Apple, Blackberry, Android etc.). Since I have never used ATT, I will need to specify which card for them to send. They do not offer a One Plus One option currently.
The "Android" SIM card, maybe?

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Thanks but to clarify, ATT offers several different SIM card choices which depend upon the type of phone you have (e.g. Apple, Blackberry, Android etc.). Since I have never used ATT, I will need to specify which card for them to send. They do not offer a One Plus One option currently.

Just get the LTE smartphone one. There's no Android one they just label them that way cause consumers don't know jack about their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Just get the LTE smartphone one. There's no Android one they just label them that way cause consumers don't know jack about their devices.

For a while, BlackBerrys had special plans. The SIMs were the same but the BB plans had some weird nonstandard firewall/proxy settings for their APNs.

I think having "Apple" set on your plan does some weird stuff with Visual Voicemail. So you want a generic non-Apple and non-Blackberry smartphone plan.

BTW you might want to take a look at Straight Talk's micro-SIMs. Available with AT&T's network at much cheaper rates than AT&T for a 2GB plan.

Reactions: FuMMoD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Upon receipt of my new One Plus One phone (which I will be ordering as soon as available), I will need to switch my service to ATT from Verizon.
    I noticed they have several different SIM card options--which one would work best?

The OnePlus ONE is compatible with microSIM cards.

For a while, BlackBerrys had special plans. The SIMs were the same but the BB plans had some weird nonstandard firewall/proxy settings for their APNs.

I think having "Apple" set on your plan does some weird stuff with Visual Voicemail. So you want a generic non-Apple and non-Blackberry smartphone plan.

BTW you might want to take a look at Straight Talk's micro-SIMs. Available with AT&T's network at much cheaper rates than AT&T for a 2GB plan.