[DEV] Wireless Monitor Mode

Search This thread

overridex

Jan 22, 2009
Have you come across anything regarding injection with this driver/chip? Monitoring mode would be nice, but add packet injection to the mix and the Nexus one becomes a lean mean WEP cracking machine.

tetlee

Jan 26, 2010
I had a go at putting it into monitor mode within a debian Chroot but wasnt having any of it. No idea if its debian/driver/hardware thats stopping it.

Code:
tete@localhost:~$ sudo iwconfig eth0
eth0      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""  Nickname:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated   
          Bit Rate:72 Mb/s   Tx-Power:32 dBm   
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Managementmode:All packets received
          Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=0 dBm  Noise level=0 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

tete@localhost:~$ sudo iwconfig eth0 mode Monitor
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device eth0 ; Invalid argument.

It wont give error when trying to swap into Ad-Hoc but then doesnt swap.

LatinSuD

Nov 4, 2009
It is about driver, you need to modify it.

If anyone is able to compile & run a compiled wifi driver I can try write a patch for enabling monitor mode.

bonkasnucca

Feb 1, 2008
sorry for the noob question but what does this accomplish..i see ppl posting not having to carry the laptop and got interested

gravufo

Sep 26, 2010
Montréal
sorry for the noob question but what does this accomplish..i see ppl posting not having to carry the laptop and got interested

It would basically make our Nexus capable of injecting packets which would allow us to crack a WEP encryption on a secured network to obtain the key and then connect to that network and use the internet ;)

Chopes

Apr 11, 2010
It would basically make our Nexus capable of injecting packets which would allow us to crack a WEP encryption on a secured network to obtain the key and then connect to that network and use the internet ;)

So any work on this been made since OP or is this still being thought about even? Status update would be great.

imfloflo

There is an app for that try looking for "penetrate" apps on market.

BTW someone need to compil new kernel and drivers files with this flags to test it