4.2.1 Success.

Search This thread

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I thought about getting the N4 but knowing it was LG made me not want to do it. Plus i don't want to go down in screen size.

I recently sold the Note and got the Nexus 4. The screen size of the N4 is not that small, and I find it much easier to hold during phone calls and browsing sessions. Compared my plastic LG dumbphone from a few years ago, this is a completely different beast. The smoothness of project butter, and the stability of the stock JB ROM are astounding. I rebooted N4 a couple of times to unlock bootloader, root, and to apply 4.2.1 update. A week later the phone was still going strong and lag free. If it hadn't been the need to apply the 4.2.2 update, I would still be amazed at the up time. As good as CM 10 on the Note was (and CM 10.1 probably is), there is no way the phone would go on for that long.

_INSPIREed

Jamie's build with latest flap kernel

1350 384 Wheatley
1026 194 ondemand when screen off.

Fast and good on battery .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I'm on 3 and half hours on screen time with 52% life left.

Looking good.

Kudos to you man. I need to try this out. I've never gotten that kind of battery life. Can easily get 4 hours screen on time, but not with that much battery life left. Any particular you use the on demand screen off profile?

crixley

May 25, 2012
I'm on 3 and half hours on screen time with 52% life left.

Looking good.

not to be argumentative or a tool, but I find this hard to believe

* edited to say- actually on Wi-Fi on Jamie's latest I'm getting about an hour of screen on time per 15% battery drain, so that would be close to your reported battery life.*

I'm using the aces kernel that came with it, smartassv2 192/1512 and sio

Last edited:

mark1s

Jun 12, 2011
I also had bad experiences from LG, I expect the phone to function without any issue at least for the first year (if not then it will be under warranty anyway) and then I'll be ready for a phone upgrade with my carrier. It was my first non-nexus phone and been kinda dissapointed with TouchWizz, I won't buy anything that is not AOSP in the future.

frozeninferno

Jan 4, 2012
Maisach, Bayern, DE
JellyBeer!

I'm running JellyBeer 3.57 and just realized that the same day I flashed it to my phone they made a new release! Gotta wait until Wednesday to flash on the update, because my college's wifi is touchy with the downloads. I love it though, super smooth 4.2.1 and running flapp's 3.07

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
Official CM 10.1 with CM kernel. Really reliable without the cherry picks that could be a PITA.

jamesc760

May 12, 2010
They all suck on my Note (i717). Random reboots throughout a day. Stock ICS all the way.

Sent from my GT-N7005 using xda premium

uffdapower

Nov 20, 2012
On the DL but.... jelly bam...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
Preview 8.1 is great for me. No reboots or FC's. Had to change dpi from 200 back to 320.

zeddock

Jul 8, 2007
What is preview 8.1?

I have not seen that before but maybe will come across it today as I catch up on my reading.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a kang

wtf... im hoping you are referring to Jamies ROM first off, which he says in the title is UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod... which he released before the official, and before any of the other kangs.. thats like calling a fish a FISH..
    Jamie's preview 2 with 4aces kernel has been amazing for me.

running smartass v2 and sio, 384/1566

so smooth with incredible battery life
    Well I bought a Nexus 4 because I never had luck with AOSP on my note.:(

CyanogenMod Stable with their Kernel was pretty much the best experience I had.

I thought about getting the N4 but knowing it was LG made me not want to do it. Plus i don't want to go down in screen size.
    Its cm10.1 from Jamie. You can find it in the android development subforum