[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC One XL

Search This thread

moehagene

Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville
adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

can these be run from terminal on the device if we put the soffbin 3 in the appropriate folder on the device? if so this might make it easier for those having adb problems

Sailor Jerry

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
So I was able to achieve S-Off, but now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop. It gets to the HTC screen with the development message, and then just reboots. I'm able to get into the bootloader and recovery, so I'm trying a restore now. Any ideas of that doesn't work?

thcue

Sailor Jerry

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
So I've wiped everything, reflashed the boot.img through fastboot, reflashed CM10, and I'm still not getting past the screen with the dev warning :(

The next step I can think of is relocking the bootloader and running the stock RUU. Any other suggestions?

arnelolavides

Oct 27, 2010
Jacksonville
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

To those having error device not found or device offline..download the latest sdk tools and kill the htc sync on ur laptop or desktop..that works for me

Sent from my One X using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL

Still get the error 99 at the end after flash zip command :(

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL fueled with CM10.1

sofakingwhat

Sep 9, 2009
Ladybank
I had issues initially due to the fact I had never done SuperCID (didn't even know what it was till now as I unlocked via HTCDev without this apparently)
I kept getting the Error 99
I followed instructions here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671396 and changed to 11111111 then followed the instructions in the OP and it worked first time.

Success: yes :)
Rom: Venom 3.2.3
Kernel: Stock (afaik)
Recovery: TWRP

I'm in the UK on EE as well

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL

I had issues initially due to the fact I had never done SuperCID (didn't even know what it was till now as I unlocked via HTCDev without this apparently)
I kept getting the Error 99
I followed instructions here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671396 and changed to 11111111 then followed the instructions in the OP and it worked first time.

Success: yes :)
Rom: Venom 3.2.3
Kernel: Stock (afaik)
Recovery: TWRP

I'm in the UK on EE as well

I did supercid a while back when the phone came out

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL fueled with CM10.1

thedailyl3af

Apr 16, 2012
The Moon ;)

So I've wiped everything, reflashed the boot.img through fastboot, reflashed CM10, and I'm still not getting past the screen with the dev warning :(

The next step I can think of is relocking the bootloader and running the stock RUU. Any other suggestions?

Use hansoons one click tool kit just to run the boot commands for you. I found using it helped me a shiit load with time lol

Sent from my Venomized Elemental Evita

'busa

Sep 19, 2012

Try doing it with a sense based JB rom installed?

trichrome1

May 10, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Ok folks thanks to c5satelite and other helpful folks at S OFF PARTY AND IRC we figured out how to fix this whole "error 99" shenanigans.

Step 1. Download the latest stockish ROM (I used Viper 3.2.3)

Step 2. Boot into bootloader and fastboot flash the kernel.. then reboot back into recovery

Step 3. Wipe /system and factory reset in TWRP

Step 4. Install rom in TWRP

Step 5. For *Viper Only* Don't wipe in Aroma, and uncheck reboot at the end.

Step 6. Reboot into bootloader from recovery (Don't boot into the ROM)

Step 7. Follow the instructions in the OP to a T ... read reread.. go get some coffee.. and try again.. hopefully you see Error 92 and not 99

This worked for me with ViperROM on hboot 2.14

Thank you to all the folks involved you guys are rockstars from Mars! :highfive:

I was getting the 99 error... tried this and got 92, and then the adb commands worked and I now have S-Off
Thank you!! worked like a charm!! S-OFF yeeha ;)

Thank you everyone involved!

Last edited:

fleabeard

Aug 28, 2012
yourfamilygeek.com
Ok folks thanks to c5satelite and other helpful folks at S OFF PARTY AND IRC we figured out how to fix this whole "error 99" shenanigans.

Step 2. Boot into bootloader and fastboot flash the kernel.. then reboot back into recovery

Step 7. Follow the instructions in the OP to a T ... read reread.. go get some coffee.. and try again.. hopefully you see Error 92 and not 99

Thank you to all the folks involved you guys are rockstars from Mars! :highfive:

Had to use this method as well, but all is good now!!

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012

Sounds Like a driver Issue for the HTC. I had the same problem.

Try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775870

:good:

I had same issue but I actually ran code while booted in android. When you get to cmd adb reboot bootloader it will reboot into fastboot and continue with steps and it worked great....THANKYOU devs for this, next paycheck will donate ...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

cal4877

Dec 25, 2010
Los Angeles
yeah, thanks i got it working again. I actually uninstall the drivers and reboot my pc and reconnect the phone back and let the drivers install by itself. So I did the whole thing again and this time it WORKED!! yey!! s-off!!

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012

Ok not to be redundant but if you are getting device not found , boot into android and apply cmd again while in android. When you get to reboot cmds please give it like 20 sec and it will reboot you into usb fastboot, follow cmds as normal and you will be golden. I have pj831000 but I still used link for other model. It works great, don't be scared ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Got it to work, quick and easy running the latest viper. Tips for those who get device not found make sure you install the drivers using htc sync manager (if you have a sense rom it should have a executable for you on the phone). If you still get it just reconnect your device.

Can't wait to see what the Devs do with this!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNswkPGYtLc

note: updated 2/20 @ 9:20 EST, better ICS compatibility.

Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC One XL.

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups. Full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
    jcase - Donate to jcase
    dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
    dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, don’t do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, bat’d, etc. soffbin3 is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission.

For this to work, you must be rooted and have superCID (unlock/custom recovery is optional), see the threads below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, root, etc. Note these threads are provided for convenience only. Please look for support for them in each respective thread if you need it, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or root! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues!:

HTC One XL: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952038 (2.2)

Once you have confirmed you have SuperCID, get started (read it through first so you understand it all):

1.) Download patcher and unzip it in your working directory:
    soffbin3.zip soffbin3.zip Mirror

2.) Download the zip below

OneX.zip = MD5: 99a8eced1010543e12cbd4e4e8f9638f, Mirror

3.)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    (wait for bootloader)

4.)
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (wait for black HTC Screen)

5.)
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip
    After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)”

6.) Immediately issue the following command:

Code:
    fastboot oem boot

You may see some errors, just wait for the device to boot into Android (only now, you should be booted into Android with no eMMC write protection of any kind active).

7.) Issue the following 3 commands to update the security partition with S-off flags (one command at a time!):

Code:
    adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
    adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

(wait for a few seconds)

8.)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

9.) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.
    Fix for error 99, that doesn't involve flashing roms hoping it solves the problem:

fastboot oem writecid 11111111
    power down completely, go to fastboot
    continue from the fastboot oem rebootRUU command

thans attn1 and jcase for the help

For those with PJ8310000 Model IDs, do it anyway. That zip works regardless of One X/XL Model ID.
    I tried it and am now S-Off'd. My Model ID is PJ8310000.

Also, thanks so much to those involved!!
    we will add more hoxl model id's and zips shortly