S4 no signal...Help?

Search This thread

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
I finally got around to unboxing my S4 and foolishly took the update to 4.3 last month. I managed to root and install TWRP,
then sat it for a month till the battery arrived (Zerolemon 7500).

Okay, i loaded both Hyperdrive RLS15 and ShoStock..... phone operates fine, but when I insert my SIM,
it does know it's rogers, but NO SIGNAL.

Modem issue? I'm frustrated.........back on my S3 now.........

HELP??
Thanks Guys

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
If Odin the stock firmware. I believe you can get it at sammobile.com for the i337m which you appear to have. If you still have problems it's probably hardware related.

Also, make sure your apn is correct for Rogers

Sent from my Nexus 5

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
It is likely your apn settings, there is also a 4.4.2 modem available for i337m in one of the threads

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
How do I set APN?? I've been in the Mobile Network menus, but there isn't an option to choose Rogers.

Frustrated!!! And I can't find find the modem............

Google Roger apn settings. Check those against what you already have. You might have to create a new apn or edit what you have

Sent from my Nexus 5

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
To add to it, I even went back to the stock 4.3 after I rooted and I have no connectivity........MODEM?

I had a random thing happen once like that, sound strange but power off the phone, take out the sim, wipe it down, rubbing alcohol works good, make sure it is dry then fire up the phone again....