[ROM][2-23-2012]TPC Note v2 | rooted |deodexed | tweaked

Search This thread

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi :) Here is a Odin flashable system.img.ext4, it is based on the AT&T Galaxy Note Stock rom. There is not a kernel included with the rom, I would suggest flashing either the rooted stock kernel from Da_G or even better flash his super awesome overclocked kernel. For now, there is only an AT&T version....I need some system dumps from the Rogers and Telus versions in order to make roms for them. If you have one of these phones and are willing to help out send me a pm. If you would like to test my beta versions, come on over to IRC and hang out with Da_G and I there will be plenty of stuff to test.

screenshot

screenshot

v2 changelog

--fixed google music

--added ics bootanimation

--added extended power menu

--added crt off animation

--added sysro and sysrw to /system/xbin/

--enabled tether

--increased dalvik cache to 152m

Changelog v1:

-fully deodexed system and framework

-rooted with su and busybox installed

-some att bloatware removed(most comes from recovery partition, it will be removed later).

-init.d support

-zip align script to auto zip align all new apks

-add lib files to support Da_G's overclock kernel

I recommend you do a factory reset just after flashing with Odin

Download TPC Note ATT v2 - HERE md5sum =408f12c0f95ab1e1a18a3feaa369b8c3

Originally Posted by twopumpchump

You should not have to do a factory reset going from v1 to v2, as long as you reboot into recovery and clear the cache after flash.

How To Install With Odin:

First...use winrar to unzip the .7zip rom file, inside you will find a pda-xxx.tar file

You may need the USB Drivers available here. (Support & Downloads for SGH-I717)

Once the USB Drivers are installed, power off the phone, then hold volume down and power it on, you'll get a screen asking you to hit vol up to continue, do so. This puts the phone in download mode.

Stick the provided pda-xxx.tar in the PDA box of Odin3 1.85, flash away!

Note that this will increase your flash counter, which is presumably used by Samsung as a reason to decline warranty service (not aware of any reports of this occuring yet...?)

Last edited:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Downloading soon as i get to the HOUSE.......you da g are moving on this thing.

thanks for the work as always TPC<<<

when you say you added the lib files....does this mean we no longer need to push the libraries??

Reactions: theonewhowas

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Downloading soon as i get to the HOUSE.......you da g are moving on this thing.

thanks for the work as always TPC<<<

when you say you added the lib files....does this mean we no longer need to push the libraries??

Yes, it does mean you don't have to push the libraries :) OC at 1.83 should be stable for most everyone and have pretty decent battery life. Let me know if the tar flashes ok with Odin, I am on linux and can't test it myself.

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant does it erase all my settings, apps, pics ect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant does it erase all my settings, apps, pics ect

In post one I suggest you do a factory reset after flashing, that will wipe all of your internal data. You do not have to do a factory reset after flash, but if you don't do one I you may have bugs and no support from me :)

Reactions: theonewhowas

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
I am new to Odin....do we put this file on the pda section like the kernel?

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
I am new to Odin....do we put this file on the pda section like the kernel?

Extract "TPC_Note_Att_v1.7z" using a program like winrar.

Out comes a file that should be named "pda-odin-system.tar" that is 790 megabytes.

Put it in the PDA section then flash away.

Reboot should take a little longer than normal, be patient. Then do a factory reset in Settings -> Privacy

Reactions: ahmarchi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :) Here is a Odin flashable system.img.ext4, it is based on the AT&T Galaxy Note Stock rom. There is not a kernel included with the rom, I would suggest flashing either the rooted stock kernel from Da_G or even better flash his super awesome overclocked kernel. For now, there is only an AT&T version....I need some system dumps from the Rogers and Telus versions in order to make roms for them. If you have one of these phones and are willing to help out send me a pm. If you would like to test my beta versions, come on over to IRC and hang out with Da_G and I there will be plenty of stuff to test.

screenshot

screenshot

v2 changelog

--fixed google music

--added ics bootanimation

--added extended power menu

--added crt off animation

--added sysro and sysrw to /system/xbin/

--enabled tether

--increased dalvik cache to 152m

Changelog v1:

-fully deodexed system and framework

-rooted with su and busybox installed

-some att bloatware removed(most comes from recovery partition, it will be removed later).

-init.d support

-zip align script to auto zip align all new apks

-add lib files to support Da_G's overclock kernel

I recommend you do a factory reset just after flashing with Odin

Download TPC Note ATT v2 - HERE md5sum =408f12c0f95ab1e1a18a3feaa369b8c3

Originally Posted by twopumpchump

You should not have to do a factory reset going from v1 to v2, as long as you reboot into recovery and clear the cache after flash.

How To Install With Odin:

First...use winrar to unzip the .7zip rom file, inside you will find a pda-xxx.tar file

You may need the USB Drivers available here. (Support & Downloads for SGH-I717)

Once the USB Drivers are installed, power off the phone, then hold volume down and power it on, you'll get a screen asking you to hit vol up to continue, do so. This puts the phone in download mode.

Stick the provided pda-xxx.tar in the PDA box of Odin3 1.85, flash away!

Note that this will increase your flash counter, which is presumably used by Samsung as a reason to decline warranty service (not aware of any reports of this occuring yet...?)
    Hey guys/girls, just wanted to give you an update on v3. I have it 80% complete, i am working on it every chance that I get...but between my business and family my time is extremely limited lately. I am doing the best that I can, I will get it out ASAP.
    Does this increase the flash counter please answer!!!

How about YOU please READ post one.