!! One X serious SD storage issue, disappear more than 10G which is not used at all

Search This thread

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
You will have to ''seek and destroy'' the bad folder.
I hope you don't have many folders in your main SD directory,select 2-3 folders and right click to see if you get huge amount of memory used,then narrow the search till eliminating the bad boys

It will not work by searching any folders, you will not find those lost space. It is just not there. As others suggested you can copy all SD contents to PC, and format SD, then copy back, you can have all your lost space back.

That's so far the only way to handle it. But in future you will get lost again...

goybs

Dec 27, 2010
Maybe you should try the Diskusage app. It will show the space taken up by each directory. I used it to find out why I lost more than 2GB of space in a few days. I found that gReader files were the culprit so I went ahead and removed the files and uninstalled it. I had the same experience with Google currents.. I checked and tried to tweak the sync settings but didn't work so I just removed them and went back to Pulse.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
Maybe you should try the Diskusage app. It will show the space taken up by each directory. I used it to find out why I lost more than 2GB of space in a few days. I found that gReader files were the culprit so I went ahead and removed the files and uninstalled it. I had the same experience with Google currents.. I checked and tried to tweak the sync settings but didn't work so I just removed them and went back to Pulse.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA

This is kind of catch problem which is normal case can solve by diskusage app.

The problem what I described and many of you may have is a totally new thing. Just do the step 2,3 as my first post for this thread, you will know what I mean.

X-Phile

Feb 25, 2008
Guys! Guys! I already wrote about this - SD card slowly fills with logical bad blocks after files deletion. For now solution is:
1) Go to USB storage mode
2) Copy all SD contents to PC
3) Format USB storage on PC (quick format is enougth)
4) Copy all contents back to SD

Seems like internal disk driver bug

Reactions: chaps

putti71

Guys! Guys! I already wrote about this - SD card slowly fills with logical bad blocks after files deletion. For now solution is:

Yes mate, you are right, but we should keep an eye on other possiblities that might work as well, without that long process of backing up and copying backwards. Dont you think so?:D

Reckless187

Dec 28, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Heres a screen shot of mine:

2012-05-02151732.png

6.260GB of System data?

chaps

Feb 15, 2007
Scarborough
Wow. I thought my internal storage was oddly low. I had 4.75Gb free. Moved everything onto my laptop, full format, copied it all back and now I have 11.5Gb free!

I hope HTC sort this, as I dont want to have to do this every 3 or 4 weeks. Took about 3 hours.

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
Today I found out that I have the same problem with my One X. I have deleted a few nandroid backups and now I have 9,5 GB lost in bad blocks. So I formatted the drive and put my backup back. That is really a heavy issue what hast to be fixed by HTC very soon. Does somebody has submitted this issue to HTC already?

Reactions: coxy47

wytey

Jan 11, 2006
Halifax - UK
hmm.... I don't know why but when i uninstall a 1gb app, about 2.5 gb is returned :eek:

Not sure how sd cards work, but I'd hazard a guess like hard drives in a PC, in that the space is organized in blocks.

So let's say the blocks are 100k in size, you have a file that is 1k, it would take up the whole 100k

The app consists of numerous files, if they are stored separately instead of one big file, then it would be possible for a 1Gb app to take up far more than that

wytey

Jan 11, 2006
Halifax - UK
As you use the device it will be constantly writing data into the memory cache, as already mentioned by others, it looks like an os issue in that it is not cleaning up after itself properly and should be solved with an os update, provided they actually sorted it out

kutbinahar

Sep 22, 2009
Salmiya
I had the same issue 11gb system data showing

I copied all my sdcard content to pc then formatted sdcard nd copied back all files from pc to sdcard now i have 13gb free

Even i had the same issue phone memory full though apps was using only 606mb so it should be 1.5 gb free but it was saying 200mb free! Finally i found folder named lost+found in my system folder i just deleted that and now all fine

Though i m not sure what causes that but i have 70% doubt on RomCleaner coz after using that i get this issues

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

gl23leung

Apr 2, 2009
did any of you who experience this run chkdsk/disk check on the sd storage while connecting to windows? These bad block/sector usually occur when moving/copying files and error occur (say if you're copying a 100mb file to SD and u unplug it, then there maybe 100mb of bad block that system cannot see) .

In windows, right-click on SD storage->properties->tools then select error-checking-> check now and tick all options. this should repair bad block and you can delete these files.

Reckless187

Dec 28, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
After doing the backup - Format and copying files back onto the phone, the Google Play App Shows a blank page under the My Apps Section and the online Play Store website lists my installed apps as not installed. Damned nuisance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm hoping 9,000,000 people aren't wrong.

If you follow the scene, official updates from Samsung can brick and permanently damage your eMMC. Being popular doesn't mean better. For instance, Justin Biever and CrApple.
    Hi, Guy

I just found that my SD internal storage get very small every day, I did not install lots of thing, but now it is only 1.5G.

So you need to check yours as well on your computer to see is it happen to you. It is very serious problem which will cause SD care data lost in the end.

This is how you can check.
    1 Connect your One X USB to PC. Use USB storage mode.
    2 In file manager click on your X'sd card name and mouse right click choose properties, it show how much data used and how much left. Write done the number.
    3 Click you SD card icon and pop up another screen show all folders and data in SD card, use Ctrl+A to select them all, then mouse right click and choose properties to show the calculation for how much all those files storage.

The used space for step 2 and step 3 shall be almost same if it is correct. But on my One x it has 13G difference. Which means the 13G storage is nowhere on the SD card but system think they are. So you will loose those space.

Do your check and see how many of you has this problem.
    Thanks. I found the LOST.DIR in SD but it is empty. I delete it and do reboot. Nothing changed. Any other hint?

The directory is always empty. I deleted it and just won 2GB extra space.

updated to 1.29.707.11 last night.
    before the update:
    12.32GB
    after the update:
    18.32GB

:):):)