[Guide] Revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies

Search This thread

sushantkul

Feb 14, 2015
HI,

I have cynogen mod installed on my samsung S3. Kies is not supported by Cynogen. SO how can I install stock samsung rom?

Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
it doesnt ,atter what you have.
just go into latest kies and and select from TOOLS- Prepare for software update or something similar( i have it in greek)
then write the model GT-I9300, press enter and then your serial number.
these are written on your imei sticker below the battery

tempodata

Mar 30, 2015
Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.

Hi, will this work if my my GT-N7105T running CM12 rom, and rooted with superuser?

arpitsinghi

Mar 29, 2012
Hey @mariosraptor ,

special thanks
i was coming back to stock rom from ditto note 4 to note 2 stock. i was stucked and was not able to do it.

to add to my problems.

IMEI and baseband version went missing as a result i was not able to connect to my mobile network as service provider here dont provide network to phones which don't have IMEI

not only your method helped me to come back to stock but it also helped me to get back IMEI and baseband version

you were life saver. Thanks bro

uthman.ridwi

Jan 19, 2015
HYDERABAD-DECCAN
Hey @mariosraptor ,

special thanks
i was coming back to stock rom from ditto note 4 to note 2 stock. i was stucked and was not able to do it.

to add to my problems.

IMEI and baseband version went missing as a result i was not able to connect to my mobile network as service provider here dont provide network to phones which don't have IMEI

not only your method helped me to come back to stock but it also helped me to get back IMEI and baseband version

you were life saver. Thanks bro
Can u tell me how u did that?
Same thing with me.

moh.tataloo

Mar 15, 2015

Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.
tanks......my device is n8000 10.1 and serial number is 00000000000!can do repeir whit tis way?and restore my serieal?because i do any way is site and not work for n8000!..plaese help

aboalghool

May 19, 2012
Stuck at Samsung Logo

when update finished it took me to recovery mode saying updated CSC and other thing successfully... and if i wanted to update via ADB or external storage or reboot system.... so i did reboot system and got stuck a samsung logo

HElp plz

Last edited:

JustSomeAsianGuy

Dec 25, 2015
Hey there,
I did everything like in the guide but the update is stuck on 0% (it was 100% but then it went back to 0% and is now stuck there),
could you please help me?
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.
    I m on stock 4.3 With KnoX tripped...
    With this kies method can i downgrade to 4.1.2?

no, this will install latest firmware available, wich is android 4.3

im on a phone without knox. if i update through KIES will i get KNOX installed?

yes

Can this method work with custom recovery too? Im rooted, 4.3 ml3, philz recovery and stock rom

can work, but will install 4.3 with knox

I'm now on android 4.3 ( custom rooted rom ) ... and even after using triangle away .. it gives binary counter 1
    do you think after following your steps I will go to stock official rom 4.3 and with counter 0 ??
    Thanks in advance

no
    try use triangle away, after that reboot directly in download mode and flash firmware with odin.
    note more than 5min once it finish downloading and start flashing, otherwise
    you may got bootloop. In that case
    Reboot to recovery (vol up+home +power)
    and wipe cache and data (factory reset)
    PS:This will erase all your data.
    It will work coming from any rom. Just backup, backup, backup your personal data. It will wipe internal sd.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    Wow, thanks!
    I hust have a question about this, for example, if i ever want to rollback to carrier stock ROM, i should follow the steps above? If we do this, are we going to enable OTA carrier updates as long as we don't root the phone, right?

Thanks!

you are correct. in both questions:laugh: