[Q] Stuck

Search This thread

hbaer

Feb 13, 2014
HI, This is my first android so bear with me!! I purchased a galaxy s4 active last October. Since then I dropped it and it has a small crack in the glass in the corner so Samsung wont help me. My phone worked fine after the drop and later took the update, however, aftyer some time I connected it to the computer and an ap i had on my computer ( I think it was part of an antivirus app) said my device needed a new driver and asked to install it at which I said ok. Whatever happened my phone doesnt work. I can start it up but I only get a message that says: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. I have done this time and time again to no avail. Kies says it doesnt recognize my device firmware. I have the update software on my pc and odin and I've tried to reinstall it on the phone with this notice on and in download mode. Either way it fails. Please help if you can, I'm stuck,aggravated, etc....etc.. Thank you MUCH for your time, Herbie :crying:

alphabeast

Feb 6, 2014
Guatemala
HI, This is my first android so bear with me!! I purchased a galaxy s4 active last October. Since then I dropped it and it has a small crack in the glass in the corner so Samsung wont help me. My phone worked fine after the drop and later took the update, however, aftyer some time I connected it to the computer and an ap i had on my computer ( I think it was part of an antivirus app) said my device needed a new driver and asked to install it at which I said ok. Whatever happened my phone doesnt work. I can start it up but I only get a message that says: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. I have done this time and time again to no avail. Kies says it doesnt recognize my device firmware. I have the update software on my pc and odin and I've tried to reinstall it on the phone with this notice on and in download mode. Either way it fails. Please help if you can, I'm stuck,aggravated, etc....etc.. Thank you MUCH for your time, Herbie :crying:

Ok Sir in new in here but there are certain things i have already understand.
1. Your phone is the intl national versión or regular a&t version (SGH-I537)
2. Wich Android version were You runing before it brake down?
3. Have you tried to push volume down + power? That gets you to Odin mode.
4. If yours is attending version please check this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625033
That's the whole 4.3 package if your noon look for Odin 3.09 it's way more understandable on where you have to put each package.
5. If your phone is intl version please check samobile
For your phone software ;) and make sure you have downloaded the drivers for your phone.
You can look for them in Samsung.com

hbaer

Feb 13, 2014
Ok Sir in new in here but there are certain things i have already understand.
1. Your phone is the intl national versión or regular a&t version (SGH-I537)
2. Wich Android version were You runing before it brake down?
3. Have you tried to push volume down + power? That gets you to Odin mode.
4. If yours is attending version please check this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625033
That's the whole 4.3 package if your noon look for Odin 3.09 it's way more understandable on where you have to put each package.
5. If your phone is intl version please check samobile
For your phone software ;) and make sure you have downloaded the drivers for your phone.
You can look for them in Samsung.com

My phone is regular at&t version SGH1537 and I updated it to 4.3 OTA before it broke down. As I stated I have the update ( 4.3 ) on my computer and Odin, so of course I tried the download mode but odin said the process failed and my phone is stuck. It wont start up any further than this message!!! :crying:

My phone is regular at&t version SGH1537 and I updated it to 4.3 OTA before it broke down. As I stated I have the update ( 4.3 ) on my computer and Odin, so of course I tried the download mode but odin said the process failed and my phone is stuck. It wont start up any further than this message!!! :crying:

Try reinstalling the drivers for the i537 (as mentioned before they're on Samsung's site). Also make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the phone. For some reason, not all USB cables will work properly. As long as you can get into Download mode there is no reason you shouldn't be able to Odin back to stock. Make sure the Odin files you downloaded aren't corrupted by checking the MD5. Just keep trying Odin on different computers, with different cables, and different USB ports until it works. It sucks, but for some reason Odin is super picky about what it needs to work properly.

hbaer

Feb 13, 2014
Try reinstalling the drivers for the i537 (as mentioned before they're on Samsung's site). Also make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the phone. For some reason, not all USB cables will work properly. As long as you can get into Download mode there is no reason you shouldn't be able to Odin back to stock. Make sure the Odin files you downloaded aren't corrupted by checking the MD5. Just keep trying Odin on different computers, with different cables, and different USB ports until it works. It sucks, but for some reason Odin is super picky about what it needs to work properly.

Awesome, thank you so much! I will try everything you said. I will let you know how its turned out. Thanks again Herbie