[Q] Installing CM10.2 [or 11] from stock 1.4.3

Search This thread

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
I have a NT 16 gb from stock with my smartphone usb cable but not the charger.
I connect the usb cable to an international adapter via its usb port so I think I get 1.6A: and judging by how fast I charge the NT, I would say it is right.

I want cm10.2 or cm11 [preferably of course] but I cannot install cwm.

I cannot get usb debugging on by downloading an apk and lunching it: I must choose between the app installer or the package installer and then get the error: only from NB we can install apk's, great.

I have 1micro sdhc class 4 of 4gb and one class4 16gb, none of them permits to boot up which incredibly sucks, idk why.
I configure them with minitool, 300mb space, and my put img of cwm 6.0.4.6.
Every time I end up with the reset factory choice from NB after I perform pwr+home then power alone; whether I connect the nt to the power adapter or not.

When I connect the nt to windows, it is seen only as a drive.
ADB does not recognize the device of course.

Is there a way to install CM ? without a bootable SD ?
This is unbelievably frustrating :D and since I am a complete noob to android and all that, pls level with me :D

Last edited:

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
yes I have seen the wiki and I am stuck at Boot to recovery mode since my nook always shows the BN recovery:

from your second link, it is this line
You will see a picture of N on the screen followed by a box with a white background followed by CWM booting up.

CWM does not boot. Is it possible that the problem is from the SD cards ?

Last edited:

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
I tested a sandisk 32gb class10, it still shows the factory reset screen :mad:

Regarding the USB mode, the NT says I must install the apks from BN only, so I do not not know how to active it.

Last edited:

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
I have a NT 16 gb from stock with my smartphone usb cable but not the charger.
I connect the usb cable to an international adapter via its usb port so I think I get 1.6A: and judging by how fast I charge the NT, I would say it is right.
Is there a way to install CM ? without a bootable SD ?
This is unbelievably frustrating :D and since I am a complete noob to android and all that, pls level with me :D
Have you tried the method outlined at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51377882&postcount=163?

Note that many NT will boot off SD only from power-off state and upon insertion of a powered USB cable (regular mini-USB cable connected to PC or powered USB Hub should work fine).

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
Success CM11 is installed \0/; My partition was of type 0b not 0c...
I do have a problem now when I plug in the tablet on windows xp sp3: windows cannot find the drivers with or without debugging on.
Is it possible to see the device as a storage space in general and also being recognized by adb when debugging is on {i believe it is how this work, is it not ?} ?

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
I do have a problem now when I plug in the tablet on windows xp sp3: windows cannot find the drivers with or without debugging on.
Is it possible to see the device as a storage space in general and also being recognized by adb when debugging is on {i believe it is how this work, is it not ?} ?
By default the NT should automatically show up as an MTP device when plugged in via USB.

You only need to enable USB debugging when using adb access over USB.

Reactions: blue whale

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
By default the NT should automatically show up as an MTP device when plugged in via USB.

Well, via a software, I removed all the usb drivers connected to an android tablet. Then, the first time I plug in the NT, I have an OMAP443 install [for I do have these drivers] and windows then searches for the "BN NT" but cannot find the drivers. It's quite puzzling.
For the MTP, as far as I understand, I must install windows mediaplayer 11, is there not an alternative >?

Last edited:

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
Well, via a software, I removed all the usb drivers connected to an android tablet. Then, the first time I plug in the NT, I have an OMAP443 install [for I do have these drivers] and windows then searches for the "BN NT" but cannot find the drivers. It's quite puzzling.
Did you switch the NT to USB mode (Settings->Storage->Settings->UMS)?
For the MTP, as far as I understand, I must install windows mediaplayer 11, is there not an alternative >?
MTP on Win PC requires Windows Media Player 10 or later.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm assuming you know how to connect the tablet to a computer... try that.