[Q] TF300t bricked - Stuck Boot Screen and No Fastboot

Search This thread

cheskune

Jun 9, 2014
Yesterday morning I met with the unfortunate tragedy that was my tablet becoming a brick. I was trying to explore flashing and installing Kit Kat on it as it seemed a good idea to bring new life into the machine. The problem started with the recovery mode for flashing a rom on the tablet always froze. Whether I was in the menu with RCK or doing it within an app, I could not start any recovery menu. Eventually, I after getting a little frusterated with the problems, I accidently clicked wipe on the power hold volume - menu. Now my tablet will not turn off and sits at the ASUS/NVidia logo screen and has "The Device is Unlocked" on the top right. I unlocked and rooted it months ago.

I cannot get into the recovery or get fastboot to recognize the device at all. Pressing power/volume down does nothing anymore. I did try pressing the tiny hole for the reset button plus the volume + and the USB reacted on my Win 7 PC and I installed ADB drivers for it, but I can't do anything with it and my tablet is a blank screen when it happens. I suppose because it is wiped there is no OS on the system? I simply refuse to believe it is beyond repairing due to these factors.

I am very desperate for help and I have been scouring the internet for an entire day to no avail. I have even seen a few people with the same situation on this board, but the question was never successfully answered each time. Lets try working together to create the definitive answer thread! Forgive me if I am not stating the terminology correctly as I am new to this. Thanks in advance everyone.

scottbuzz1

Jun 10, 2014
Yesterday morning I met with the unfortunate tragedy that was my tablet becoming a brick. I was trying to explore flashing and installing Kit Kat on it as it seemed a good idea to bring new life into the machine. The problem started with the recovery mode for flashing a rom on the tablet always froze. Whether I was in the menu with RCK or doing it within an app, I could not start any recovery menu. Eventually, I after getting a little frusterated with the problems, I accidently clicked wipe on the power hold volume - menu. Now my tablet will not turn off and sits at the ASUS/NVidia logo screen and has "The Device is Unlocked" on the top right. I unlocked and rooted it months ago.

I cannot get into the recovery or get fastboot to recognize the device at all. Pressing power/volume down does nothing anymore. I did try pressing the tiny hole for the reset button plus the volume + and the USB reacted on my Win 7 PC and I installed ADB drivers for it, but I can't do anything with it and my tablet is a blank screen when it happens. I suppose because it is wiped there is no OS on the system? I simply refuse to believe it is beyond repairing due to these factors.

I am very desperate for help and I have been scouring the internet for an entire day to no avail. I have even seen a few people with the same situation on this board, but the question was never successfully answered each time. Lets try working together to create the definitive answer thread! Forgive me if I am not stating the terminology correctly as I am new to this. Thanks in advance everyone.

I am in exactly the same situation. No fastboot, volume up with reset gets me to a blank screen state which windows recognizes as an unknown device. I downloaded the Asus drivers but it's still not recognized. I may need to go back through the forums to find a way to push a working Recovery of TWRP. Currently I am out of ideas.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011

So far the only known recovery to that situation is using Nvflash and APX mode. However, you must have already made Nvflash Backups before pressing the wipe data. If you did, there is a link in my signature to restore you tablet.