[ICS] Polaris Office - Compatibility Information

Should Infraware release Polaris Office 3.0 on Google Play?

• Yes, I would buy it instantly!

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Yes, but I would not buy it.

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • No, there are enough good Office apps available.

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Hey guys,

I ripped Polaris Office from my SGS2 and was testing it on the SGT running an ICS build. It runs exceptionally well. You can see the attached screenshots how it could look.

It also opens all files (including XLSX and DOCX) just fine. It's incredibly snappy (more so than on the SGS2).

Sadly, even though I have a CWM zip that I created for myself, I can't post it here due to forum rules. Other threads already marked this as warez, so I can't do that. However, if any of you guys bought the software legally along with another device as I have, just know you can run it fine on the SGT as well.

Hope this helps and make some noise! Infraware should definitely release this to the market. It would sell like hot-cakes!!!

Peace,
C.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-28-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-28-07.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-37-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-37-23.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-40-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-24-16-40-17.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,443

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
If you extract just the APK it will force close on you all the time. There are two libs that need to be extracted as well. They can be found (and placed) in:

Code:
/system/lib/libpolarisoffice.so
/system/lib/libpolarisoffice_Clipboard.so

That's why I created a CWM zip in the first place. Otherwise I would have just saved the APK :-D

Peace,
C.

Last edited:
Reactions: eatertif

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Ok, I have attached the CWM Zip skeleton (without said files or APK) to this post.
It does include the folder structure though.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Peace,
C.

Attachments

• ICS-4.0.3-Office.v1.zip
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,352

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
I have no idea. I've always had it and copied it along as the name seems to suggest it's important ;-)

In any event, on my system, the clipboard is about 12kb, while the main, libpolarisoffice.so file is about 12.5 MB. Try without the clipboard, see if it works fine.

UPDATE: I completely removed the clipboard lib file from the filesystem and the app still runs fine. Copy/paste in the document does not seem to generate it automatically either. You can just go ahead and not worry about the clipboard. Runs just as well without it.

Peace,
C.

Last edited:

eatertif

Mar 26, 2012
Thanks a lot for the info ppl.
I tried this a week ago and all I got were force closes. Now I kno why!

By the way, I am using a Galaxy Tab 10 as a source for my files. works like a charm!!!

PS: cheatman, thanks a lot for the CWM zip attachment, now I can make my own packages :D

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Maybe it's related to the clipboard file, I can't tell. For me it works fine at the moment, even without the clipboard SO.

As a comparison, maybe there are multiple versions (cause we extracted from different devices), I am running this version:
Code:
3.0 - build 5r3638FV06

The package size is, in bytes:
Code:

gkassar

Sep 23, 2011
Beirut
www.gkassar.com
hello there
I have Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i
I got the .apk from my wife's I9100 & tried installing it on my X10
it actually worked and runs great BUT I always have an incredibly annoying watermark on all created/opened documents/spreadsheets/presentation saying the following:

"POLARIS ENGINE V3.51
BUILD DATE: 9/2012 17:39:39
TARGET NAME: ANDROID-FULLIAVA_SAMSUNG
TARGET MODEL: X10I
THIS IS A MODEL WHICH THE LIBRARY DOES NOT SUPPORT.
CONTACT INFRAWARE INC."

please anyone gotta an idea how to remove that message???

note that the program actually runs & save normally !

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
There are only two known workarounds for this issue:

1. You get the lib files from a different source.
2. You trick the lib into thinking you have a different phone model.

You might want to try editing your build.prop file to reflect a different phone model (compatible one) for example.

I never had this issue. Maybe because I'm doing it across related Samsung devices? Or maybe I am running a different version?

mcardielo

Aug 27, 2008
Guadalajara
hello there
it actually worked and runs great BUT I always have an incredibly annoying watermark on all created/opened documents/spreadsheets/presentation saying the following:

"POLARIS ENGINE V3.51
CONTACT INFRAWARE INC."

I have the same issue in a Motorola Xoom Wifi

hakaz

May 15, 2009
Folks, maybe you try to extract the PolarisOffice.apk from one of the GT-I9100 firmwares around (here, i.e. the latest XWLP7).

The full installation PolarisOffice.apk is contained in cache.img which you can convert to cache.ext4.img using sgs2toext4.jar application (here) from drphrozen.

Then mount cache.ext4.img with Diskinternals Linux Reader (here) and extract PolarisOffice.apk from /data/apk. Enjoy ;) !

BTW I crosschecked the GT-I9100 factoryfs.img, there is no libpolarisoffice_Clipboard.so or libpolarisoffice.so in the /lib dir.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheatman

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Right now I'm using a Transformer version to check a report from a user that it works on the tab.
I confirm that it does and that there is no watermark on the screen while using it. It is also ICS and tablet optimized. It is the best version I have come across as of yet.

Check out the Transformer forums for more details.

Peace,
C.

Right now I'm using a Transformer version to check a report from a user that it works on the tab.
I confirm that it does and that there is no watermark on the screen while using it. It is also ICS and tablet optimized. It is the best version I have come across as of yet.

Peace,
C.

Just installed, thanks it is much better than quick office and office suite pro

Salah / baghdad

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
Folks, maybe you try to extract the PolarisOffice.apk from one of the GT-I9100 firmwares around (here, i.e. the latest XWLP7).

The full installation PolarisOffice.apk is contained in cache.img which you can convert to cache.ext4.img using sgs2toext4.jar application (here) from drphrozen.

Then mount cache.ext4.img with Diskinternals Linux Reader (here) and extract PolarisOffice.apk from /data/apk. Enjoy ;) !

BTW I crosschecked the GT-I9100 factoryfs.img, there is no libpolarisoffice_Clipboard.so or libpolarisoffice.so in the /lib dir.

Is it possible to post this full PolarisOffice.apk file in order to install in both phones and tablets?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Transformer TF101 usando Tapatalk 2

mab71

Jan 18, 2011
Kay El
Hi cheatman, could you guide me on how to get the Polaris files from transformer rom's?? I'm downloading megatron 1.0.4 rom now

Sent from my GT-P1000

Last edited:

zuberio

Sep 20, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Same issue on my Galaxy Nexus - works like a charm except for the useless watermark. I'm going to see if cheatman's idea of using the transformer version library will get rid of the issue.

hello there

"POLARIS ENGINE V3.51
CONTACT INFRAWARE INC."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I ripped Polaris Office from my SGS2 and was testing it on the SGT running an ICS build. It runs exceptionally well. You can see the attached screenshots how it could look.

It also opens all files (including XLSX and DOCX) just fine. It's incredibly snappy (more so than on the SGS2).

Sadly, even though I have a CWM zip that I created for myself, I can't post it here due to forum rules. Other threads already marked this as warez, so I can't do that. However, if any of you guys bought the software legally along with another device as I have, just know you can run it fine on the SGT as well.

Hope this helps and make some noise! Infraware should definitely release this to the market. It would sell like hot-cakes!!!

Peace,
    C.
    nag screen

lib (13.652.924)
    AA234: 1 -> 0
    86888: 1 -> 0

cant say more, dont know even if this is allowed
    I guess it is, you're not posting any copyrighted material.
    Maybe the guys getting the nag screen will be able to disable it now, if they have the proper editing skills :p

Thanks for the input PriMarius!

C.
    Ok, I have attached the CWM Zip skeleton (without said files or APK) to this post.
    It does include the folder structure though.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Peace,
    C.

Peace,
    C.