[MOD][TouchWiz] 240 dpi Apps.

Search This thread

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
This is not my work...these files are from the international note2 & gs3 which are both exynos devices. I tested the apks listed below and they work just fine on the I605 Note 2. If you are running 240dpi you will notice some of the apps are not sized correctly...this mod will fix that. Must be flashed in CWM recovery! Not all of the apk's in the thread links are compatible...MAKE A BACKUP Before Flashing!

LINK(*do not use the flashbar.apk or launcher.apk they do not play nice from this link)
LINK2

*Here are the 240 dpi apk's for folks who do not have a custom recovery! You must push this to the system/app folder..Rename the original your replacing .bak that way its easy to restore simply by removing the .bak extension.

Calculator.apk
Camera.apk
Clock.apk
Mutliwindow_Flashbar.apk(this will need to be renamed .apk before pushing to system/app)
Email.apk
Exchange.apk

Last edited:

Link.

May 2, 2010
ravinecraft.net
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, TouchWiz launcher force closes for me. Stock deodexed.
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the TW launcher to others. I'll get over it for now, though. The keyboard is really the only thing that was holding me back from 240. I love the handwriting recognition. :)

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
I was actually about to edit my post with that; I can confirm that it doesn't play nice with that, either. I tested the stock multi-window and the one that allows you to control which apps you can use.

I'm currently using the later since I didn't have a backup of the original.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Anyone have a guide on how to change three dpi within the app. Cannot go without one handedness any longer lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

jdedeaux

May 23, 2008
i ran 240 on beans 3 last night, everything was groovy except the multi window sidebar, Calculator and Camera (which there are fixes for in this OP). Also, clock FC's in 240 mode and the AOSP lock screen is off center. Lockscreen is fine because we can just use TW lockscreen in the meantime, but for me having to use alarms i like the factory clock vs using an alarm from the play store. Hopefully we can get some 4.1.1 fixes for the ones mentioned! no rush though

brodypie

Nov 12, 2009
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the clock app to make it work with 240dpi? I had to use a 3rd party app to set an alarm hahahah thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not my work...these files are from the international note2 & gs3 which are both exynos devices. I tested the apks listed below and they work just fine on the I605 Note 2. If you are running 240dpi you will notice some of the apps are not sized correctly...this mod will fix that. Must be flashed in CWM recovery! Not all of the apk's in the thread links are compatible...MAKE A BACKUP Before Flashing!

LINK(*do not use the flashbar.apk or launcher.apk they do not play nice from this link)
    LINK2

*Here are the 240 dpi apk's for folks who do not have a custom recovery! You must push this to the system/app folder..Rename the original your replacing .bak that way its easy to restore simply by removing the .bak extension.

Calculator.apk
    Camera.apk
    Clock.apk
    Mutliwindow_Flashbar.apk(this will need to be renamed .apk before pushing to system/app)
    Email.apk
    Exchange.apk
    I have gotten Xposed Tweakbox working on beansrom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15uhhecmarl0bdp/XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3v85gxlhy3qgwf/XposedTweakbox.apk

... basically if you add at line of code such as

Code:
    <int value="320" name="dpioverride/com.sec.android.app.popupcalculator/density"/> (density)

to the data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.tweakbox/shared_prefs/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.tweakbox_preferences.xml

this sample line of code can be used for any DPI. it will basically enable us to not have to edit any of the samsung APKs. But instead enables a feature similar to Paranoid android, where you can create a line for any application installed on your device to run at any DPI you want, while your system runs off the DPI of your build prop. For example I run my system at 200dpi, however now with Xposed, SamsungIME.apk(the keyboard) will run at 320dpi leaving onehanded operation fully functional. This can be done with all apps. Have fun. All credit goes to rovo89. All I did was find it and test it out. Let me know if you guys have questions.
    The flashbar service force closed, so beware.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks guys...ofcourse the only 2 apks i didnt test do not work lol. op updated to reflect that!
    Could you please post the camera and calculator APK's Thanks in advance!

done