[Q] "Sync Calendar" disappeared from all Google account Sync Settings

Search This thread

beefweef

Aug 15, 2012
I really can't figure this one out. My calendar widget stopped working and for some reason, I don't even have the option of selecting "Sync Calendar" under any of my Google accounts. I have tried deleting and re-adding each individual account, but to no avail. Settings say "Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back momentarily." But I cannot find the source of the problem.

R4NDR01D

Apr 27, 2012
Fresno
randyjacob.com
I really can't figure this one out. My calendar widget stopped working and for some reason, I don't even have the option of selecting "Sync Calendar" under any of my Google accounts. I have tried deleting and re-adding each individual account, but to no avail. Settings say "Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back momentarily." But I cannot find the source of the problem.

Make sure you have the Google Calendar app installed.

beefweef

Aug 15, 2012
I do. I've tried using both the Google Calendar app as well as Samsung's stock app... Still the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

beefweef

Aug 15, 2012
I finally found the Google Calendar Sync Troubleshooter.

Here's the step that fixed it for me. Several layers deep in the Troubleshooter, but finally resolved the issue!

We recommend proceeding with these steps only if the above steps don't resolve the issue.

Open your device’s Settings.
Select Applications, then All.
Select Calendar Storage.
Select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted.
Turn Calendar sync off and on in Settings > Accounts > Google > [your affected account], or from within the app using Menu > Refresh on newer devices. If you receive an error message upon opening the Calendar app, close and re-open it to re-activate sync.