Flash HTCdroid 2.4

Search This thread

duckstad

Apr 28, 2014
Hi All,

I would like to install the custom rom of HTCdroid 2.4 to my HTC One V.

Currently the HTCdroid 1.2 rom is already installed on my phone, but I suspect I'm not using the correct kernel. The opening post of the topic explains how to install the rom:
1. Download HTCdroid_vX.X.zip from the link above.
2. Flash HTCdroid_vX.X.zip
3. Boot into bootloader and select fastboot, and flash the latest CharmKISS kernel.
4. Reboot.
5. You're done =P

I have a question regarding flashing the latest CharmKISS kernel. Where can I find the download link for this kernel. Or is the included boot.img (in the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip file) the CharmKISS kernel to flash? Or do I just need to flash the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip, and the kernel is automatically recognized?

The openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-primou is already installed.

Can someone please explain me how to get the CharmKISS kernel, and if I need to flash this manually, so it's not included in the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip file?

Thanks for your help!

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
Hi All,

I would like to install the custom rom of HTCdroid 2.4 to my HTC One V.

Currently the HTCdroid 1.2 rom is already installed on my phone, but I suspect I'm not using the correct kernel. The opening post of the topic explains how to install the rom:
1. Download HTCdroid_vX.X.zip from the link above.
2. Flash HTCdroid_vX.X.zip
3. Boot into bootloader and select fastboot, and flash the latest CharmKISS kernel.
4. Reboot.
5. You're done =P

I have a question regarding flashing the latest CharmKISS kernel. Where can I find the download link for this kernel. Or is the included boot.img (in the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip file) the CharmKISS kernel to flash? Or do I just need to flash the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip, and the kernel is automatically recognized?

The openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-primou is already installed.

Can someone please explain me how to get the CharmKISS kernel, and if I need to flash this manually, so it's not included in the HTCdroid_vX.X.zip file?

Thanks for your help!

May I ask you what kernel are you using right now? Imho it is really not necessary to use exactly CharmKiss kernel. Some of us (including me) prefer other kernels compatible with a stock ROM (e.g. Titanium Kiss). I think TK kernel is a bit more stable but this may vary case by case and depends on a user experience. You may try both to get your own experience.

Oh yes, here is the link to Charm Kiss kernel if you will decide to flash it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487113
Look inside the Sense folder. Stable or advanced is your own choice. =)

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

If your phone is S-On (by default): you have to flash kernel using adb command through a usb cable.
If your phone is S-Off (it's not necessary but you can make it): the kernel (boot.img) included within a ROM package will be flashed together with the ROM itself. No extra step is needed to flash the kernel.

By the way, you can use some utilities to flash kernel, ROM, etc..
In example, WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit or OneV All-In-One Kit.

Last edited:

duckstad

Apr 28, 2014
May I ask you what kernel are you using right now? Imho it is really not necessary to use exactly CharmKiss kernel. Some of us (including me) prefer other kernels compatible with a stock ROM (e.g. Titanium Kiss). I think TK kernel is a bit more stable but this may vary case by case and depends on a user experience. You may try both to get your own experience.

Oh yes, here is the link to Charm Kiss kernel if you will decide to flash it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487113
Look inside the Sense folder. Stable or advanced is your own choice. =)

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

If your phone is S-On (by default): you have to flash kernel using adb command through a usb cable.
If your phone is S-Off (it's not necessary but you can make it): the kernel (boot.img) included within a ROM package will be flashed together with the ROM itself. No extra step is needed to flash the kernel.

By the way, you can use some utilities to flash kernel, ROM, etc..
In example, WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit or OneV All-In-One Kit.

It seems the current one is already a CharmKiss, but sometimes this one is unstable.
The current kernel is:
3.0.100-Charm-Kiss-Advanced
leoysen@Laptop) )
null

I will give it a try with the Charm-Kiss-20131020-stable-3.0.16.img kernel, or do I need the OC variant of it?
Hopefully the stable variant is more stable than the advanced one :laugh:

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
It seems the current one is already a CharmKiss, but sometimes this one is unstable.
The current kernel is:
3.0.100-Charm-Kiss-Advanced
leoysen@Laptop) )
null

I will give it a try with the Charm-Kiss-20131020-stable-3.0.16.img kernel, or do I need the OC variant of it?
Hopefully the stable variant is more stable than the advanced one :laugh:

It's up to you. If you are looking for stability, choose stable versions. OC (overclocked) might be stable as well but there is a higher risk that something will go wrong.

And if you will not get a full satisfaction with CharmKiss you may try TitaniumKiss Kernel (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1765687) as well.