[Q] How to make Google Play Music store the music on the SD Card?

Search This thread

donlope

Mar 21, 2008
Google Play Music is installed on my TrueSmart, but stores the music for offline listening on the internal 8Gb memory. Too small! I've added a 32Gb SD-card for that music storage, but I do not find how to make it works!

By default, the Google Play Music are stored on /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music, that is on the internal 8Gb memory.

I tried to create symbolic links (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538274), but without any success:
- when I try to create a symbolic link in /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music, I obtain an error explaining that this SD-Card "do not support symbolic links"
- I can create a symbolic link in /data/data/com.google.android.music, that is the 1 Gb RAM. But Google Music dont use it (even when I choose 'phone' as the default storage in parameters/storage of the Truesmart).

I need help:
- to create a symbolic link on the 8Gb memory
- or, to force google music store on the 1Gb memory (and thus on the 32Gb card with the symbolic link)
- or, any better idea?

Thanks in advance!

blouz

Jan 22, 2008
Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Willing to store offline google play music on sdcard.
An option is existant in Google music to store music on sdcard.
This option appear on my phone but not on my truesmart.

Did you manage to make it work?

Thanks.

donlope

Mar 21, 2008
No, I do not... But not a lot of time to search in fact... I will post a solution here if I found one ;)

movieifx

Jan 10, 2009
If your device is rooted then use folder mount app on play store. I use this to keep both play music and Amazon music files on external as card.