[Theme] Modified Blue Star 5 RC33.

Search This thread

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have resigned the zips and uploaded new versions. I don't know if it will make any difference. I assure you this works on my phone (thus the screenshots). But I don't know why it is not working for anyone else. Is everyone being patient with the flashing android? It took a while to come up the first time on mine.
I don't think I did anything special, I installed RC33, tried to do a quick mockup update (framework and launcher) didn't work, so I restored my nandroid from right after RC33. Then I created the file in the first post off Stericsons stock RC33update.zip (the blank theme) and applied it excatly as it is to my phone. And it worked, first try.
If by tomorrow this is not working for anyone else, I will just remove it, sorry if it didn't work out.. But at least I tried.

Edit - Maybe Stericson could tell me what is wrong with my file? Or (for my personal gain only at this point) how do I make the pull down statusbar transparent? Thanks.

Last edited:

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
I'm not sure why it is failing for some people, could be a space issue....could be something else. As for the transparent status bar there is an image you need to make transparent in order to do this. I can't remember the name off hand but I know its in framework-res.apk /res/drawables, and that it is near where the statusbar is.

Stericson

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm not sure why it is failing for some people, could be a space issue....could be something else. As for the transparent status bar there is an image you need to make transparent in order to do this. I can't remember the name off hand but I know its in framework-res.apk /res/drawables, and that it is near where the statusbar is.

Stericson

I got the statusbar transparent. And I made a modified update zip for myself with the new framework-res.apk and nothing else in it, flashed it fine first time. So I do not know why this isn't working on others' phones. If anyone gets it working I will upload a new file with the transparency and a few other changes. Till then, I will hold onto my own work, save some trouble uploading new files.
If someone wants to just try my framework-res.apk out, let me know by PM.

Brutal-Force

Jan 2, 2009
Failed Again.

This time I made sure I didnt have too many apps installed.

I also let the phone sit for 5 minutes at the boot screen.

I downloaded the Bluestar5mod-store.zip

Still no luck. But I will keep trying if you keep trying. :)

It is my favorite theme.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am putting a link to the framework ONLY update, this does not include app icons, or the launcher (robot at bottom). If this works, I can add things slowly, it would be best to have one or two beta testers - rather then a bunch of people trying different files not knowing when they downloaded, etc.
So, I will put the link the the bare framework file up, just name it update.zip and try that. If it works for more than one person, could one of those be a tester? I will send you private links to updated files until we get one that has all the app icons, and the theme installing nicely.
PM to help test.

Brutal-Force

Jan 2, 2009
Ok, installed Frameworkupdate.zip

Installed, and is running on JF ver. 1.41 RC33. Overwrote Hybrid theme. Hybrid looks to be intact except for the pull down bar. All of Hybrid's Icons are present. Basically looks like Hybrid theme but with the blue patterned Pull down bar. While receiving call shows typical green android. Clock is from Hybrid Theme.

By just framework, I imagine that nothing changes except for the bar?

You can PM me to help you test it.

TheMasterBaron

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2009
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I was unable to get the "store" version of your theme to work. I then restored back to RC33 and installed the framework only version with success. I then install the "store" version on top of that and it worked! Hope this helps.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I was unable to get the "store" version of your theme to work. I then restored back to RC33 and installed the framework only version with success. I then install the "store" version on top of that and it worked! Hope this helps.

Sounds good. I am updating the first post with a framework & launcher version, only things missing are individual program icons. This should be better than the framework only, if it works I will remove the framework only version and start building on this one.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Updated the full files, to include my recent changes (transparent statusbar pull down most important). I don't think the store vs. deflate makes much of a difference. But I am thinking there are space issues involved on the /system partition for those with problems. Not sure what else to say, except to try the framework only (or framework + launcher) first, then the full update. If that method works (and doesn't prove to be too annoying) I will look for some mirrors and call this one a success.
Thanks to all who have put up with my first try at packaging a theme.
Maybe in the future (when I have time off work - the end of March?) I can make my own from scratch theme.

ripsphone

Feb 5, 2009
Denton Texas
I loaded framework+bluestar5mod-store and it loaded up and started but now I'm getting an error

"The process
com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

I'm going to try framework+bulestarmod and will be back to report my findings

ripsphone

Feb 5, 2009
Denton Texas
Just tried framework=bluestar mod. Still got the same error. Did a wipe, reloaded bluestar. Now I'm stuck at android screen.

Going to reload JF plus the original theme and start over....