[ROM] new thread for Desire hd 2 EVO

Search This thread

jp4756

Oct 2, 2009
Tallahassee
Hey guys i am going to be taking over the Desire HD port originally from IncredibleDoes it was posted earlier today along with the MIUI rom (i wont have anything to do with that rom)

Change log:
V1-1st one sorta buggy
no real change log for v1 seeing as im not the one who made this one
GUYS V1 IS THE ORIGINAL ONE FROM THE OTHER THREAD I HAVE JUST MOVED IT NOW BECAUSE I AM TAKING IT OVER!

V2-2nd one still some bugs
Mount works :)
home screen is empty when you boot it up
more things to come in V3

V3-stiil needs work
as you guys may have noticed ID has done the last few updates i am working on one that is almost fully working not alot of them at a time so be patient i will update changelog soon also a new update from ME soon

TO DO:
fix camera
fix mount
fix a few other things
speed tweaks
add some apps

Downloads:
V1
V2 updated link
V3

look forward to lots of awesome updates also follow me on twitter @jp4756 for updates

BUG REPORTS- If there is some issue please give me the logcat (adb logcat)

Thanks to IncredibleDoes for the original rom

Last edited:

DG4FREE

Jun 27, 2010
Tempe
Thanks gonna try this! IncredibleDoes' version kept crashing or something after I'd swipe down to unlock it'd go white with the green htc logo and then reboot the boot screen back and then the unlock screen again couldn't go any farther

EDIT: I'm pretty sure as of now this is the same ROM just pulled into a new thread. If anyone has any info as to why I'm stuck in the boot loop, let me know so I can put this baby back on. For now, trying out fresh's 3.3 with the new OTA.

Last edited:

jp4756

Oct 2, 2009
Tallahassee
Thanks gonna try this! IncredibleDoes' version kept crashing or something after I'd swipe down to unlock it'd go white with the green htc logo and then reboot the boot screen back and then the unlock screen again couldn't go any farther

Its the same one as of right know im taking over his rom because he dosent have an evo i will have a new update soon

DG4FREE

Jun 27, 2010
Tempe
Its the same one as of right know im taking over his rom because he dosent have an evo i will have a new update soon

excellent thank you! like I mentioned before, I'm getting stuck in somewhat of a boot loop between the boot screen, lock screen, and sliding the lock to a white htc screen and nothing past that.

ms79723

Jul 2, 2010
if you flashed the desire HD rom from the thread with that rom and the MIUI rom, can you just flash this V2 on top of it? or you still have to wipe then flash?

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
- sd card is an easy fix, grab the vold.stab from any other evo build and just flash it via update or adb push

location of vold.stab: /system/etc

This didn't work for me to fix the SD card not mounting in Android. Also there is only a vold.fstab not .stab think that was just a typo by IncredibleDoes. I used the vold.fstab from Fresh Rom.

jp4756

Oct 2, 2009
Tallahassee
if you flashed the desire HD rom from the thread with that rom and the MIUI rom, can you just flash this V2 on top of it? or you still have to wipe then flash?
No because mount was fixed and its a major fix i would recommend a full wipe

This didn't work for me to fix the SD card not mounting in Android. Also there is only a vold.fstab not .stab think that was just a typo by IncredibleDoes. I used the vold.fstab from Fresh Rom.
its fixed in V2

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
No because mount was fixed and its a major fix i would recommend a full wipe

its fixed in V2

We've gone from a desire to a incredible. :D

camera still closing (which I'm sure you knew)
and other than the phone I haven't had too many issues. Another issue with the phone is holding 1 for voicemail force closes it

you might wanna throw sprint voicemail in the next update too for those who are gonna ask "WHERE DID MY VOICEMAIL GO!?" haha

I've attached it if you don't have it

Attachments

• Sprint_VVM.apk
    1 MB · Views: 28