[ND8/NDC] πŸ”‹ [BATTERY] Plasma Battery! πŸ†•πŸ†’πŸ†“ & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
[ND8/NDC] πŸ”‹ [BATTERY] Plasma Battery! πŸ†•πŸ†’πŸ†“ & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Plasma Battery! v2

Note: No Battery % in numerical form - only color indication. My reason and logic for wanting this follows:
Code:
1.  I try to get away from micro-managing as much as possible.
2.  I have in the past always displayed my battery percentage.
3.  To be philosophical about such a trivial thing, I wanted to examine why and when I really wanted to know the exact battery percentage.
4.  Now I don't personally find it necessary to know the exact battery percentage, but to only become aware when certain key battery percentages are reached and actions taking place, which are obvious but I will state anyway:
     a.  When the phone is charging.
     b.  When the phone is charged 100%.
     c.  When the phone is discharging.
     d.  When the phone is getting fairly low (the relatively standard value of 15%).
     e.  Micro-managing becomes more important at these lower battery percentages so I like to be aware of when the phone is at 10% and 5%, too.
     f.  When the battery is truely near death (0%-5%).
5.  I am a very visually-oriented person, and so is my wife.
6.  My decisions on how I implemented this battery icon were based on the ease to which to quickly (i.e. when driving and using for GPS and/or music) without actually "reading".
     a.  Purple means charging.
     b.  Green means charged.
     c.  Blue means discharging above 15%.
     d.  Yellow means discharging 11%-15%.
     e.  Orange means discharging 6%-10%.
     f.  Red means discharging 0%-5%.
7.  Although logically, it would make sense to associate a smaller battery icon with a lower battery percentage value; the battery icon diminishing in size as it discharges, visually I want to be able to easily see the battery state so I choose to "zoom in" to the battery icon as the battery discharges.

Changes:
Code:
v2a: Removed Michel Granger's artwork used (without permission but was still waiting for an answer) for part of the 0-15% discharge images. I originally became aware of his work from the album Oxygène by Jean Michel Jarre, son of movie soundtrack composer Maurice Jarre.
-Thanks to his future wife (but now ex-wife), who is actress Charlotte Rampling for introducing this art piece to Jarre.

v2:  Re-created the discharge images with more precise math used to satisfy my "OCD".

Also more appropriate/interesting 0-15% discharge images.

Thanks first:
-Thanks to @droid716 for his port of the battery icon "kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt.zip" and for giving me permission to share my modified version with some colors (post 2). That work inspired me further to make my own animated battery icon!
-The moderators @jayharper08, @VECTUS, @oka1, @jcase, @rwilco12, @Stryke_the_Orc, @garwynn & @edfunkycold for keeping things cleaned up around here, and for development related work.
-@Chainfire for SuperSU, TriangleAway, Mobile Odin and other root work.
- @CNexus for quick stock ROM releases and thanks for taking over the MOAR ROM.
-@CyanogenMod for all his work.
-@Koush for CWM Recovery.
-@Dees_Troy for TWRP Recovery.
-@Phil3759 and for [d2lte/d2spr [CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery and @CNexus for maintaining the thread.
-@decimalman for [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr.
-@ktoonsez for [KERNEL][SPR][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][06/03/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker.
-@rompnit for the MOAR ROM.
-@tdunham for mods that just make things so much nicer including [MOD] KK 4.4.2 ND8 True 1% Battery Mod.
-@parkhyb for [MOD][HOW-TO] Imaged Battery for 4.4.2 KitKat NA6/NA7/NB3!
-@crawrj & @rocket321 and @miked63017 for the Hotspot Mod.
-@flastnoles11 for the ND8 volume mods.
-@dazednconfused for the Wicked Sensations ROM.
-@bilgerryan for the Project X, Wicked Project X and Wicked X ROMs.
-@the_original_teknikl for his Blue PCB Theme, also an inspiration.
-@mholloway for his ND8 stock theme.
-@moonknightus for [Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity.
-@Chad The Pathfinder for [ROM][ND8][4.4.2] Tribute ROM.
-@nyfl2004 for themes and support - Get his Elegant White Theme here.
-@jdsingle76 for his support.
-@n00b-xda-disciple for his support and his n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review.
-@Soooperstar for suggestions, some kindof implemented in v2.
-@erikalin for [How to] Make your own animated battery [TW] [mod] [beginner], very educational.
-@TONY6669 for his previous themes and his Wicked Green theme for TouchWiz KitKat.
-Anyone else I've missed and plenty of others who give so much support to everyone with questions. Cheers all!

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Charging and discharging animated v2a

Charging animated v1

Download v2a:
Plasma Battery! v2a - MD5 FEDC5C0E6A86B83FC9CC81632C48C700.zip

Download v1:
Plasma Battery! v1 - MD5 1E51B6FCD7E72524E5CC410BF4491631.zip

Flash in a custom recovery like Philz Touch.

Screenshots (will update for v2 later):

Charging, 100%
jageje4a.jpg

100%
avy8e9ag.jpg

99%
e7atamu9.jpg

50%
abe7a7ur.jpg

16%
5asujede.jpg

15%
aqy9ezy3.jpg

11%
ydytazug.jpg

10%
ydyze8uh.jpg

6%
dymazyve.jpg

5%
ve9yjeda.jpg

1%
2yzu7upe.jpg

0%
by2e7ymu.jpg

qyhumuqu.jpg

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to @droid716 for his port of the battery icon "kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt.zip" and for giving me permission to share my modified version with some colors.

v2 added. I'll add more pics of the battery later but basically the only difference between v1 and v2 is that 0 - 15% and 100% have a solid white background. I'm thinking of adding a black outline to the battery percentage for those for a v3.

Screenshots:

v1__________v2
aza2yra2.jpg
u9anahat.jpg

3y7utehe.jpg

my2ebary.jpg

yru7atam.jpg
etu2e8ed.jpg

a3u2ujup.jpg

arevazes.jpg

e7uzyvug.jpg

etazuraz.jpg

7age4y5y.jpg

utu6yqus.jpg

te3asu2e.jpg

I only have one screenshot of it in use at this time, and at this state it looks like the original. Here are also the key icons to demonstrate the difference between @droid716's Wicked 6.x themed one and mine.

ebaravub.jpg

Download:
"kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt_colors.zip": https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=197BDD421118832!5468&authkey=!ADHgAZgb_1HYsFA&ithint=file,.zip
MD5 hash is 98588da6ff294694ac91eb6d3031cd39

"kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt_colors_v2.zip": https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=197BDD421118832!5544&authkey=!ABBw7_jSXYEIdZo&ithint=file,.zip
MD5 hash is DA81247A0D57ED7183FF53731A4B0E74

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
v2 added. I'll add more pics of the battery later but basically the only difference between v1 and v2 is that 0 - 15% and 100% have a solid white background. I'm thinking of adding a black outline to the battery percentage for those for a v3.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Very cool. Thank you!

You're welcome, hope you like it. v1 is much better than v2. I hope my next battery, which isn't a mod of an already existing one but my own design, and of a style like none I have seen before. Good or not, others can let me know. Soon.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyfl2004

nyfl2004

Aug 29, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Fl
You're welcome, hope you like it. v1 is much better than v2. I hope my next battery, which isn't a mod of an already existing one but my own design, and of a style like none I myself have seen before. Good or not, others can let me know. Soon.

I'm sure it will be and I look forward to it brother. :good:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If anyone would like my battery icon better with percentage text or any requests to change it, let me know.

I have some ideas and plans to improve it, too, and for an alternate, more complex version.

Last edited:

Soooperstar

Dec 14, 2013
Charlotte
If anyone would like my battery icon better with percentage text or any requests to change it, let me know.

I have some ideas and plans to improve it, too, and for an alternate, more complex version.

Maybe try keeping the animation in some way and make it become smaller as the battery diminishes. Or maybe have more electricity when full and less electricity when diminishing along with color change during the full to empty cycle. Just an idea lol, I may be thinking far fetched. I love the plasma animation though!!

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Maybe try keeping the animation in some way and make it become smaller as the battery diminishes. Or maybe have more electricity when full and less electricity when diminishing along with color change during the full to empty cycle. Just an idea lol, I may be thinking far fetchhed. I love the plasma animation though!!

I wish! I can use still shots from the animation for different battery levels, and I can definitely either have a different size of the plasma ball showing for different levels, or merely show more or less of the ball for different levels, and as you suggested, change the coloring of the plasma for different levels, too. The different amounts of electricity is possible, although might be too tedious. I'll play with it and see.

Thanks for the idea! I'll credit you for the idea if I make any of that sort.

Reactions: Soooperstar
I wish! I can use still shots from the animation for different battery levels, and I can definitely either have a different size of the plasma ball showing for different levels, or merely show more or less of the ball for different levels, and as you suggested, change the coloring of the plasma for different levels, too. The different amounts of electricity is possible, although might be too tedious. I'll play with it and see.

Thanks for the idea! I'll credit you for the idea if I make any of that sort.

That would be epic. That definately would take awhile... But sounds awsome regardless. Your very creative with your battery mods, keep it up.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums...f-1145-4404-8c04-3460628ca1bf_zps4f663980.jpg

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Plasma Battery! v2

Note: No Battery % in numerical form - only color indication. My reason and logic for wanting this follows:
    Code:
    1.  I try to get away from micro-managing as much as possible.
    2.  I have in the past always displayed my battery percentage.
    3.  To be philosophical about such a trivial thing, I wanted to examine why and when I really wanted to know the exact battery percentage.
    4.  Now I don't personally find it necessary to know the exact battery percentage, but to only become aware when certain key battery percentages are reached and actions taking place, which are obvious but I will state anyway:
         a.  When the phone is charging.
         b.  When the phone is charged 100%.
         c.  When the phone is discharging.
         d.  When the phone is getting fairly low (the relatively standard value of 15%).
         e.  Micro-managing becomes more important at these lower battery percentages so I like to be aware of when the phone is at 10% and 5%, too.
         f.  When the battery is truely near death (0%-5%).
    5.  I am a very visually-oriented person, and so is my wife.
    6.  My decisions on how I implemented this battery icon were based on the ease to which to quickly (i.e. when driving and using for GPS and/or music) without actually "reading".
         a.  Purple means charging.
         b.  Green means charged.
         c.  Blue means discharging above 15%.
         d.  Yellow means discharging 11%-15%.
         e.  Orange means discharging 6%-10%.
         f.  Red means discharging 0%-5%.
    7.  Although logically, it would make sense to associate a smaller battery icon with a lower battery percentage value; the battery icon diminishing in size as it discharges, visually I want to be able to easily see the battery state so I choose to "zoom in" to the battery icon as the battery discharges.

Changes:
    Code:
    v2a: Removed Michel Granger's artwork used (without permission but was still waiting for an answer) for part of the 0-15% discharge images. I originally became aware of his work from the album Oxygène by Jean Michel Jarre, son of movie soundtrack composer Maurice Jarre.
    -Thanks to his future wife (but now ex-wife), who is actress Charlotte Rampling for introducing this art piece to Jarre.

v2:  Re-created the discharge images with more precise math used to satisfy my "OCD".

Also more appropriate/interesting 0-15% discharge images.

Thanks first:
    -Thanks to @droid716 for his port of the battery icon "kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt.zip" and for giving me permission to share my modified version with some colors (post 2). That work inspired me further to make my own animated battery icon!
    -The moderators @jayharper08, @VECTUS, @oka1, @jcase, @rwilco12, @Stryke_the_Orc, @garwynn & @edfunkycold for keeping things cleaned up around here, and for development related work.
    -@Chainfire for SuperSU, TriangleAway, Mobile Odin and other root work.
    - @CNexus for quick stock ROM releases and thanks for taking over the MOAR ROM.
    -@CyanogenMod for all his work.
    -@Koush for CWM Recovery.
    -@Dees_Troy for TWRP Recovery.
    -@Phil3759 and for [d2lte/d2spr [CWM ADV.] OFFICIAL PhilZ-Touch Recovery and @CNexus for maintaining the thread.
    -@decimalman for [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr.
    -@ktoonsez for [KERNEL][SPR][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4][06/03/2014] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker.
    -@rompnit for the MOAR ROM.
    -@tdunham for mods that just make things so much nicer including [MOD] KK 4.4.2 ND8 True 1% Battery Mod.
    -@parkhyb for [MOD][HOW-TO] Imaged Battery for 4.4.2 KitKat NA6/NA7/NB3!
    -@crawrj & @rocket321 and @miked63017 for the Hotspot Mod.
    -@flastnoles11 for the ND8 volume mods.
    -@dazednconfused for the Wicked Sensations ROM.
    -@bilgerryan for the Project X, Wicked Project X and Wicked X ROMs.
    -@the_original_teknikl for his Blue PCB Theme, also an inspiration.
    -@mholloway for his ND8 stock theme.
    -@moonknightus for [Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity.
    -@Chad The Pathfinder for [ROM][ND8][4.4.2] Tribute ROM.
    -@nyfl2004 for themes and support - Get his Elegant White Theme here.
    -@jdsingle76 for his support.
    -@n00b-xda-disciple for his support and his n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review.
    -@Soooperstar for suggestions, some kindof implemented in v2.
    -@erikalin for [How to] Make your own animated battery [TW] [mod] [beginner], very educational.
    -@TONY6669 for his previous themes and his Wicked Green theme for TouchWiz KitKat.
    -Anyone else I've missed and plenty of others who give so much support to everyone with questions. Cheers all!

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg

Charging and discharging animated v2a

Charging animated v1

Download v2a:
    Plasma Battery! v2a - MD5 FEDC5C0E6A86B83FC9CC81632C48C700.zip

Download v1:
    Plasma Battery! v1 - MD5 1E51B6FCD7E72524E5CC410BF4491631.zip

Screenshots (will update for v2 later):

Charging, 100%
    jageje4a.jpg

100%
    avy8e9ag.jpg

99%
    e7atamu9.jpg

50%
    abe7a7ur.jpg

16%
    5asujede.jpg

15%
    aqy9ezy3.jpg

11%
    ydytazug.jpg

10%
    ydyze8uh.jpg

6%
    dymazyve.jpg

5%
    ve9yjeda.jpg

1%
    2yzu7upe.jpg

0%
    by2e7ymu.jpg

qyhumuqu.jpg

Thanks to @droid716 for his port of the battery icon "kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt.zip" and for giving me permission to share my modified version with some colors.

Screenshots:

v1__________v2
    aza2yra2.jpg
    u9anahat.jpg

3y7utehe.jpg

my2ebary.jpg

yru7atam.jpg
    etu2e8ed.jpg

a3u2ujup.jpg

arevazes.jpg

e7uzyvug.jpg

etazuraz.jpg

7age4y5y.jpg

utu6yqus.jpg

te3asu2e.jpg

I only have one screenshot of it in use at this time, and at this state it looks like the original. Here are also the key icons to demonstrate the difference between @droid716's Wicked 6.x themed one and mine.

ebaravub.jpg

Download:
    "kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt_colors.zip": https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=197BDD421118832!5468&authkey=!ADHgAZgb_1HYsFA&ithint=file,.zip
    MD5 hash is 98588da6ff294694ac91eb6d3031cd39

"kitkat_wickeddecimalbarwide_batt_colors_v2.zip": https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=197BDD421118832!5544&authkey=!ABBw7_jSXYEIdZo&ithint=file,.zip
    MD5 hash is DA81247A0D57ED7183FF53731A4B0E74

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

FYI:

PLEASE READ.

I will release a new app in the next day or too and ANY OLD version will cease to work please make sure you have updated your app by the 1st September.

At this stage no new smali files are needed
    That would be awesome. I'm still weary about jumping to kit Kat. I couldn't afford a horror story plus it seems like I had to revert back to 4.3 it'll be another hassle just like getting to 4.4. But since I got your attention day I was to go and needed to go back I couldn't just do a normal Nann back up could I? I love moar and interested in these newer roms. I was looking at wicked x but see your on conquest. Would you mind sharing your opinion?

KitKat is great, I'm glad I made the jump - been a month and a half now. I hesitated at first but only because I hoped they would be able to get it running without Knox in the bootloader. I'm still under warranty but I pay for insurance through GeekSquad and word is that they don't even ever care if your warranty bit is tripped. It's not hard to get to KitKat and it's not hard to go back to any other nandroided ROM or flash another. You just can't ever downgrade the bootloader or modem otherwise you will brick your phone.

At first I just ran ND8 stock Odexed but rooted thanks to @CNexus and used Xposed modules like Wanam to make the phone have the features I missed from MOAR. Then I was on Wicked X v6.5 for several weeks - it's a great ROM and I used @bilgerryan's Project X ROM on the S2. I'm liking Conquest: Singularity now for the past week or so but specifically version 2.x. Thankfully he still has links to all major versions in his OP. Just for the record, on Conquest: Singularity you can't flash these batteries as is, well you can but they won't work yet, but I'm taking care of that. I already know how and have tested it on my phone I just have to do the work for a release.

I doubt if I'll ever flash beyond v2.x of Conquest because v3.x becomes even more like AOSP in ways I don't prefer, but 2.x is perfect for me as is. It's very lightweight and fast.

This http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743554 will answer a lot of your questions about ND8, and this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2750846 will give you information about putting it on your phone.

Here's the video review n00b-xda-disciple mentioned:

@n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review