[App] Soft Screen Tuner

Search This thread

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
I'm using this app with stock kernel on my Note and it works fine.

I'm rooted of course

acronym

Aug 23, 2010
Is it just me or does the saturation slider not change anything?

Using checkrom v6 and tried three different kernels: neak 1.4.1, siyah 2.6.13 and speedmod.

The other sliders do seem to work though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
This app is life changing! Ive been wanting this since the day over a year ago that I got my Galaxy Tab 7!!!!!.. never sharp and with a yellow tint. Of course this app doesn't work with the Galaxy Tab 7 (Gingerbread) but it works perfectly with my Galaxy Note (stock ROM Gingerbread) that was always green, now, perfect!!! Also, I tried it on a Galaxy tab 7.7 but no luck (stock ROM Honeycomb).

Wish list: please get it working on the Galaxy tab 7.7.. better, make it work for the older Galaxy Tab 7.. is it viable at all?

You can make it a paid app, no problem, worth every penny, every dollar!

Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

KurskS

May 10, 2008
pls update it to work with ICS:(

Sent from my brilliant Viper skinned Apple iPad 2 using the superior Tapatalk Premium

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
I havent seen this app dev in XDA for a while, either he has abandoned this project or too busy with his personal works. Atleast he can share his work as an opensource so that others might carry it over, such an important app.

Btw, i cant see any of the mdnie profiles in "Etc" folder in ICS. where are those profiles actually in ICS?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I havent seen this app dev in XDA for a while, either he has abandoned this project or too busy with his personal works. Atleast he can share his work as an opensource so that others might carry it over, such an important app.

Btw, i cant see any of the mdnie profiles in "Etc" folder in ICS. where are those profiles actually in ICS?

I don't have ICS... yet. But it apparently works on the Galaxy Note.. Which has the same os.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

KurskS

May 10, 2008

have the same question:D. Cant find mdnie files in ICS@.@

Sent from my brilliant Viper skinned Apple iPad 2 using the superior Tapatalk Premium

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Indeed hope this can be opensource so that others might carry it over, this is an amazing and fundamental app!!

gattabastar83

Dec 22, 2009
Can you do this program for root standard and LB1?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I just installed and used your app on my Note with LB1 stock rooted rom... it worked perfectly and transformed my screen into something awesome.

Thank you thank you thank you.

which root you used?

----------------

I need a root without the yellow warning and that both LB1 ..
What is?

-----------------------------------
i have installed kies (Kies_2.2.0.12014_18_8 )
after i have extract (DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su)

- I selected the 10 minutes the screen
-Enable USB Debugging under Settings / Applications / Development
- Enable the installation of applications from unknown sources under Settings / Applications
-and starting runme from extract file (DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su)

-appeared like "dos" screen and succesful
-automatic restart of Notes

After I went to archivio and started soft screen tuner
I tried also AppInstaller from site market-android/google-play

but appears forced shutdown message

Ps i have Note with 2.3.6

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

You can't use this app with stock rooted, cf & speedmod kernel. It has to be Abyss or any others that i can't remember or try Franco's.

Which root does not appear yellow warning and works of LB1?

Last edited:

darylchin

Apr 28, 2008
Can you do this program for root standard and LB1?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

which root you used?

----------------

I need a root without the yellow warning and that both LB1 ..
What is?

-----------------------------------
i have installed kies (Kies_2.2.0.12014_18_8 )
after i have extract (DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su)

- I selected the 10 minutes the screen
-Enable USB Debugging under Settings / Applications / Development
- Enable the installation of applications from unknown sources under Settings / Applications
-and starting runme from extract file (DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su)

-appeared like "dos" screen and succesful
-automatic restart of Notes

After I went to archivio and started soft screen tuner
I tried also AppInstaller from site market-android/google-play

but appears forced shutdown message

Ps i have Note with 2.3.6

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Which root does not appear yellow warning and works of LB1?

U can't root LB1 with zergRush if you're using Note, flash via odin KK9 stock rom or similar older build then root it with zergRush. Push in cfroot cwm kernel, then only u can flash deodex LB1 through cwm. Check out how to at chainfire thread. U have a long way to go mate;)

Sent from my GT-N7000

gattabastar83

Dec 22, 2009
i do before to selling it
: (
yellow / green screen not stand it anymore and all these passages i do not know make them

the only hope is that this application changes and becomes an app store or going differently from now ..

Last edited:

FeRn4nDOsb

Dec 9, 2010
Brazil
I've tried on ICS LPQ and it doesn't working :confused:

When I open App, I set permission with Root and the app get FC...

Can someone help?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I'm using this app with stock kernel on my Note and it works fine.

I'm rooted of course

latoc, forgive me if I've asked this before... But if sst works on your Note, how come it won't work on the sgh - I727?
Is it because you're running a custom rom?

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
latoc, forgive me if I've asked this before... But if sst works on your Note, how come it won't work on the sgh - I727?
Is it because you're running a custom rom?

I have no idea. I'm running the stock LC1 with just root. It is not a custom rom. Totally stock, not even deodexed...

I had one occasion on a previous stock rom where I had the force close on launch error, but the app started working again when I upgraded to LC1.

I think it worked like that: LB1--- worked LB2--- doesn't work LC1--- works

So it seems there is no pattern here, maybe some kernels don't like that application.

Sorry if I don't help much.

Reactions: shaggyskunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Soft Screen Tuner [Abandoned]
    current version 0.8 beta
    need root, work only Gingerbread firmwares !!!

Abandoned, because don`t work with ICS firmwares and I have no idea, how fix it at now :(

This is not a service or background process.
    After making changes you can uninstall the app and settings will stay in.

Dont work with non Samsung phones

support phones:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Maybe other Samsung phones with Amoled screens

ver. 0.8 beta
    * bugfixes
    + Added Saturation
    + added test images (menu > Test the current settings)
    + added Spanish (Thanks to Dano)
    Whoa! :jawsdropped:
    You have made an amazing discovery mate! I'm sure wql will know how to load profiles at boot if he looks at the source code of Galactic night. Fingers crossed.:thumbup:

Edit: can u share with me how you modified one of the profiles? (i know about values of mDnie and my screens variation - it would be lovely if u could share only the procedure)
    Thanks !:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Sure. I downloaded the ADT bundle and the source code for Galactic Night (http://code.google.com/p/galacticnight/), opened it in Eclipse and in ScreenControl.java changed the values of bwSepia to mine. Then I compiled the app, installed the apk and switched to "Mono Sepia" in the app. Of course, you can use any profile you want, it's just an example of how I did it. It's a pretty crude solution but it does work. The way I understand it, the profile gets loaded each time you turn on your screen, that's how the mDNIe "interface" for loading custom profiles works in ICS/JB. I'm not sure if loading profiles at boot would be tricky or not, I spoke to arpruss about the app but forgot to ask him that.
    The reason Screen Adjuster and similar apps work poorly for screen calibration is that they are basically just full screen transparent overlays. I'm not a fan of available kernel adjustments either. They only offer control for red and blue channels and most importantly, the adjustments don't seem to affect pure whites. So if you have a yellow tinted screen, you can add more blue to make the greys neutral however pure white will still be yellow tinted.

The good news is that there IS a way to make adjustments like it was in Gingerbread. The bad news is that no app that I've seen does that and we need a dev who will do it for us. Someone has already linked a post by arpruss that explains mDNIe files were moved into the driver itself but there is still a way to inject a custom mDNIe profile in ICS and JB.

The catch is that not all Galaxy variants support this full nDNIe control. International i9100 does for sure. To check if your device supports it, download a free app by arpruss called Galactic Night: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.pruss.GalacticNight&hl=en and check if Sepia mode is available. If it is and it works, your phone has the full mDNIe system.

Now, Galactic Night is open source, and the way it works is by loading custom mDNIe profiles, which is just what we need for color control. My phone is green tinted so what I did was change one of the modes to my liking, compile the app and simply switched to that mode. It loads the custom mDNIe profile, doesn't slow down the phone and works everywhere (UI, camera, videos, browser). Pretty happy with my screen now, no more green tinted whites and it scales up with other colors too, it's not just whites that are affected.

A simplified way mDNIe works would be like this. You can control eight main colours individually: black, blue, green, cyan, red, magenta, yellow and white. The standard mDNIe profile looks like this:

Code:
    0x0000,	//kb R	SCR
    0x0000,	//gc R
    0xffff,	//rm R
    0xffff,	//yw R
    0x0000,	//kb G
    0xffff,	//gc G
    0x0000,	//rm G
    0xffff,	//yw G
    0x00ff,	//kb B
    0x00ff,	//gc B
    0x00ff,	//rm B
    0x00ff,	//yw B
    Each line controls the output of two colors, so the last line would mean yellow gets a 0x00 Blue subpixel, and white gets a 0xFF Blue subpixel. If you want to change the tint of your whites, you just change RGB values for white. It's pretty simple really.

What we need is a dev who would look at the Galactic Night source code, make an app that does the same thing but has an UI to make custom mDNIe profiles on our phone. And add an option for the app to start on boot because currently I have to run the app manually after rebooting. I would do all this if I had more knowledge on android development however I don't unfortunately.
    Your app IS COOL!

Hi guys.
    My program works with files that were /system/etc on firmware 2.x
    At ICS do not have these files there and I have no idea at now, how to do it differently.
    My programming skill is weak. (its my first work on android :) ).
    I`m Sorry :(

I used your screen tuner app on gingerbread. It helped remove yellow tint, but the yellow tint came back in the camera app, browser app and gallery apps... I know there are mdnie profiles even for camera and gallery; So can you please tell me how to change color temperature in those mdnie profiles too??? (I can do it using root explorer/notepad++) (I just need to know the value that changes color temperature in those profiles)

Thanks! I hope for a reply soon!

EDIT: See this post for info about mdnie on ICS: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29611133&postcount=5
    This is working amazing, tuning the profiles directly is a much better option. Finally it has arrived.