Getting my Note 2 tomorrow - ROM recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
Currently using a GSM Galaxy Nexus with SlimBean, and I've used ParanoidAndroid recently but ultimately didn't like it due to the size of the screen. I'd prefer a ROM that maintains (or doesn't break) most of the stock features (S-Pen and Bluetooth/Apt-X particularly), and I've heard MIUI is good in that regard; I haven't used it in the past (on my Galaxy Nexus of G2) because I always found it too laggy and too high on RAM usage, but I've always liked the overall look/feel and features. Something that isn't too hard to get working with tethering (without the plan obviously) would be nice too.

Anyway, recommendations? I'd appreciate reasons for the recommendation too, and something more than just "great battery life" (which I appreciate, but with the size of the phone battery and how often I'm near a charger, it's literally the least of my concern). Thanks!

Jan 5, 2013
I would recommend using jedi master 9 or tweaked 1.3, both are debloated with lots of customization options. I'm up to around 5gb of tethering for the month and I don't have that on my plan right now so I would say to go that route! :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

audscott

Feb 15, 2008
Seattle, WA
I think my tastes are similar to you. I've tried all the ROMs, from AOSP/AOKP, CM10, MIUI, ICS & Jellybean and, for me, "myrom" V 3.5 (4) is top notch. I haven't tried tethering, but other forum participants report it works well.

It's an Aroma installer, weighing in at 1.5GHz so all apps are available to install or reject, including custom installation. Its super fast and remarkably stable.

An alternative is Jedi (xx), although it's not my favorite.

I've combinted "myrom" with Xone kernel at 2.0 GHz It makes the fast even faster and battery usage isn't too bad, but I'll bet stock kernel is damned good.

bradsh1

Sep 16, 2009
Be aware that some roms are missing seriously important features like snote, Wifi calling, multi Window, pen button support, etc

I'd just go for the tweaked tmobile specific touchwiz roms. But then, I require Wifi calling.

magus57

Oct 2, 2010
Chicago
Stock. No, seriously.

While I don't mind Touchwiz, I'd hate to be missing so many standard ROM options.

I would recommend using jedi master 9 or tweaked 1.3, both are debloated with lots of customization options. I'm up to around 5gb of tethering for the month and I don't have that on my plan right now so I would say to go that route! :cool:

I think my tastes are similar to you. I've tried all the ROMs, from AOSP/AOKP, CM10, MIUI, ICS & Jellybean and, for me, "myrom" V 3.5 (4) is top notch. I haven't tried tethering, but other forum participants report it works well.

It's an Aroma installer, weighing in at 1.5GHz so all apps are available to install or reject, including custom installation. Its super fast and remarkably stable.

An alternative is Jedi (xx), although it's not my favorite.

I've combinted "myrom" with Xone kernel at 2.0 GHz It makes the fast even faster and battery usage isn't too bad, but I'll bet stock kernel is damned good.

How are any of those three with Samsung/S-Pen features?

Be aware that some roms are missing seriously important features like snote, Wifi calling, multi Window, pen button support, etc

I'd just go for the tweaked tmobile specific touchwiz roms. But then, I require Wifi calling.

Is there a list of ROMs off the stock base or that have most of the stock features, S-Pen particularly? Out of what you listed, pen features and multi window are probably the only two I care most about.

6Seven

Sep 28, 2012
Chicago
I just got my Note 2 four days ago and I've been running JediXX. I love it. Wasn't really a big fan of TW roms with my SGS2 but on the Note 2 its pretty tight.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock. No, seriously.