MicroUSB cable fix

Search This thread

alchopop

Over the past 20 months of ownership of my SGS3 I have had to replace my charger cable numerous times due to the plug not fitting properly in the socket of the phone. I had thought it was a problem with the phone and so just kept on buying new cables every few months.

This morning the latest cable failed and I had only just bought it 3 days ago, ticked off is putting it midly. So I thought I wonder if!

I wonder if the plug on the cable would benefit from a nip right in the middle so that it makes a proper connection with the phone and what do you know it works. I now have about 10 working cables lol. Spent a flipping fortune on them this last 20 months.

So if I have been of use and saved someone else a few £'s, $'s or whatever currency you use please just hit the thanks button.

Happy New year all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Over the past 20 months of ownership of my SGS3 I have had to replace my charger cable numerous times due to the plug not fitting properly in the socket of the phone. I had thought it was a problem with the phone and so just kept on buying new cables every few months.

This morning the latest cable failed and I had only just bought it 3 days ago, ticked off is putting it midly. So I thought I wonder if!

I wonder if the plug on the cable would benefit from a nip right in the middle so that it makes a proper connection with the phone and what do you know it works. I now have about 10 working cables lol. Spent a flipping fortune on them this last 20 months.

So if I have been of use and saved someone else a few £'s, $'s or whatever currency you use please just hit the thanks button.

Happy New year all

Pardon my ignorance but... what's a nip? :p
Can you share a pic of what you've done to the cable please?

Thank you. :)

alchopop

As you can see the plug has been pushed up at the bottom. This helps tighten the plug in the socket. It only needs a gentle nip with a pair of pliers. Not too hard else the plug won't go into the socket. If you look at the plug on your cable it is flat at the bottom

Hope that's of use to you.

Attachments

• 1389013976310.jpg
    1389013976310.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 348

MethMargera

Dec 18, 2013
hye there...thanks for the solution...
but i got one prob...
the cable is connected but it said USB device not recognice while other cable working perfectly..
can anyone explain to me???^_^
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Happy New year all

As you can see the plug has been pushed up at the bottom. This helps tighten the plug in the socket. It only needs a gentle nip with a pair of pliers. Not too hard else the plug won't go into the socket. If you look at the plug on your cable it is flat at the bottom

Hope that's of use to you.