Solar powered battery chargers?

Search This thread

thakur90

Aug 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Hi, how is this charger ?.. How long it takes to charge the Incredible S and what is it's standby time ??
Is it really worth the price ?

i dont use it as my daily driver.. just in case of emergency.. but it charges pretty fast and it charges till 40-50%... right now its kept in some corner... but i charge it through usb rarely use solar...

veitograf

Jan 11, 2011
www.veitograf.de
all the solar chargers i found so far only charge with an output of 80mAh, so once the battery pack is empty its actually useless.

i think its better to buy a batterypack without the solar charger because it wont be much help.

p008

Dec 1, 2011
BKK
I think solar charger cannot give enough voltage for phone. I think it just an option to make your phone battery not drain out.

compro01

Jun 29, 2011
I think solar charger cannot give enough voltage for phone. I think it just an option to make your phone battery not drain out.

Voltage isn't the issue. You'd just use a boost converter to bump it up to 5V. Every battery pack like the powerbank and similar includes such a circuit, as they either use a 3.7V li-ion (or li-poly, or similar) or a pair of alkalines (1.5Vx2).

The issue is getting enough current to charge something meaningfully.