[Q] Auto screen ON problem.

Search This thread

hapalon

Jul 29, 2011
My note 3 recently has a problem of auto screen on/wake up even not touching the home button/power button. Sometime its doesn't have this problem but this passed few days i happens frequently. Its auto screen ON during sleep mode. Its really annoying. I'm on android 4.3 and never rooted. I tried factory reset but the problem still exist. Anyone has this issues? my note 3 is 1 month old only.

hapalon

Jul 29, 2011
My note 3 recently has a problem of auto screen on/wake up even not touching the home button/power button. Sometime its doesn't have this problem but this passed few days i happens frequently. Its auto screen ON during sleep mode. Its really annoying. I'm on android 4.3 and never rooted. I tried factory reset but the problem still exist. Anyone has this issues? my note 3 is 1 month old only.

Anyone has idea will it be software or hardware issues?

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Screen on can happen due to software request (for example alarm, phone call etc.) or above mentioned buttons and therefore it could be hardware (some type of short creating signal similar to the button press), so it's hard to say. You could try safe boot, factory reset and killing some apps for software related problem and dial *#0*# to test hardware, but I'm not sure if there is a particular test for those 2 buttons. There are also programs that can tell you what wakes the phone up, but since it's brand new phone you probably want to take it to the service at some point, it is not normal from what you describe.