Bricked?

Search This thread

jideay

May 19, 2011
OK now I'm trying to flash 4.4.4. I got the tab into bootloader but forgot to turn in usb debugging. It is in recovery and my only options are start, recovery, power off. How do I get back to normal operation?

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
OK now I'm trying to flash 4.4.4. I got the tab into bootloader but forgot to turn in usb debugging. It is in recovery and my only options are start, recovery, power off. How do I get back to normal operation?
You don't need USB debugging when in the bootloader. That's only for when you are already booted up in the Android OS. To make sure you're good to go, open up a command window in the platform-tools folder (or wherever the fastboot and adb programs were installed on your computer) and type "fastboot devices". Obviously, without the quotation marks. You should see the serial number for your device appear. That means you're good to go with the drivers. Then, you can flash the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

jideay

May 19, 2011
OK I am trying to use the Nexus Root Toolkit and that's what it's telling me. I'll try it the other way when I get home.

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
OK I am trying to use the Nexus Root Toolkit and that's what it's telling me. I'll try it the other way when I get home.

I strongly advise AGAINST using a toolkit. Especially since (no offense) you don't seem to know the basics of what you are trying to do. I recommend following this guide: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701. It's for the Nexus 5, but the procedure for the Nexus 10 (as well as the Nexus 7 (2013)) is identical. Just make sure you have the correct 4.4.4 factory image for our device (manta). Since you have already used the toolkit in the past, you probably already have the drivers. Just flash each image file individually by following Method 2 in the OP from that thread. If you don't want to lose your data, DO NOT FLASH USERDATA.IMG.

Reactions: mrgnex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I strongly advise AGAINST using a toolkit. Especially since (no offense) you don't seem to know the basics of what you are trying to do. I recommend following this guide: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701. It's for the Nexus 5, but the procedure for the Nexus 10 (as well as the Nexus 7 (2013)) is identical. Just make sure you have the correct 4.4.4 factory image for our device (manta). Since you have already used the toolkit in the past, you probably already have the drivers. Just flash each image file individually by following Method 2 in the OP from that thread. If you don't want to lose your data, DO NOT FLASH USERDATA.IMG.