[Q] Stock app icons replaced with bugdroid.

Search This thread

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
Just updated to 4.4.2, wiped, and then installed google now launcher but I'm having a weird issue. A couple of LG apps like email and weather have had their icons replaced with a bugdroid icon. Mind you, this is only when I'm using Google now launcher. When I'm using the stock one, the icons are normal. Anyone know what's up with that?

snaketooth2007

Sep 28, 2012
Allentown
Just updated to 4.4.2, wiped, and then installed google now launcher but I'm having a weird issue. A couple of LG apps like email and weather have had their icons replaced with a bugdroid icon. Mind you, this is only when I'm using Google now launcher. When I'm using the stock one, the icons are normal. Anyone know what's up with that?

i have the same problem

dwl99

Sep 22, 2008
i have the same problem
Me too - I'm on the stock rooted UK 4.4 ROM. I installed Nova Launcher & the aforementioned icons are generic. The same happens with Apex Launcher. I tried deleting the icon cache in Nova Launcher under Lab Settings but nothing happened. If I try to edit the shortcuts on the desktop the relevant app icons are blank.

The icons look fine when using the stock launcher.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
On holo launcher it lets me edit the icons of items in the dock and on the home page.
Rather than choosing a different image for an item, I can also choose "default icon".
This fixes the icons, but only on the home page and in the dock, not in the app drawer.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwl99

Sep 22, 2008
The dev wasn't able to help. Is there a way to extract the stock app icons from the ROM as image files and then we could edit the shortcuts?

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
The dev wasn't able to help. Is there a way to extract the stock app icons from the ROM as image files and then we could edit the shortcuts?

In Holo launcher I can simply select the icons on the home page and change the images.
When changing I get the option of using a custom image, or use default.
When I select default, the icon works again.

However this fix only works on the home screen, not in the app drawer.

bowlingbeeg

Jun 14, 2013
I know this thread is a little old but I just upgraded to KK and was wondering if anyone figured out how to fix this?

Top Liked Posts