Rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 won't boot after factory data reset

Search This thread

McSonboy

Jan 4, 2014
My galaxy s4 has recently been very slow so I thought that I would try a factory data reset to clear some things up. However, my phone is rooted. Now when I looked around on some other forums it seemed as though that I didn't have to worry about factory resetting the phone while it was rooted. But when I went ahead and did so it no longer will boot. Its stuck in the boot loop/download mode/ whatever you may call it. I can't seem to flash a recovery file through Odin either. I need some help for fear that my phone is gone now.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
What issue are you having with Odin connecting to the phone? PC doesn't see it at all or it doesn't load the drivers? Once you get Odin to connect, then just grab the latest tar file to restore. Should be fine. Also, did you just have the stock recovery or Safestrap? And which buils version of the software did you have originally?

Sent from over there...

linux life

Oct 12, 2014
Same Problem

Im having prety much the exact same issue. I did a factory reset through stock recovery and when I boot back up it stays in the boot screen. Some help would be VERY nice. Thanks! PS I have a gs4 at&t i337 that is rooted and unlocked. Also I cant use odin because my computer runs linux, and odin isnt compadible.

Last edited: