[Kernel Source Code] T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s 6916

Search This thread

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
I created a petition on change.org to try to get T-Mobile to unlock the bootloader. It might be a longshot, but wth.

http://chn.ge/1k6HIYx

Here's the link to the thread I created on XDA
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2753060
The first sentence of your petition"The locked bootloader prevents the phone from being rooted", is completely wrong.

Having a locked bootloader is not the same as rooting. I have a Sony Xperia Ion. It has a locked bootloader but it is rooted.

You will need to fix that immediately if you want Sony or T-Mobile to take your petition seriously.

vinhjkd

Oct 24, 2013
The first sentence of your petition"The locked bootloader prevents the phone from being rooted", is completely wrong.

Having a locked bootloader is not the same as rooting. I have a Sony Xperia Ion. It has a locked bootloader but it is rooted.

You will need to fix that immediately if you want Sony or T-Mobile to take your petition seriously.

To be more clear I should have specified to make the bootloader unlockable instead of using the terms interchangably. The bootloader is locked and does not have a method to unlock it.

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
To be more clear I should have specified to make the bootloader unlockable instead of using the terms interchangably. The bootloader is locked and does not have a method to unlock it.
I disagree. I'd be happy if they would let us walk before we can run. I'd settle for just letting us ROOT the device because in some cases Sony will let you unlock the bootloader but then they take away functionality, such as disabling the camera.

With root, there are a wide range of customization options.

The Sony Xperia Ion can be rooted but most Ion bootloaders are locked. With a rooted phone and a locked bootloader you can still install a wide variety of OEM-based ROMs that are superior to the T-Mobile ROMs.

You should change your petition to letting us root the device, period.

In addition, do what I did - call T-Mobile and tell them you like the Z1S, but you absolutely will not buy a phone that cannot be rooted.

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
This phone will be rooted in August that's when the solution will be released.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Because the person with root solution is going to release it in August.
If you would read in the z1s bounty thread the info is their.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I just want to see if we can fix the led with root. Oh and kitkat and other stuff would be nice too.

So far this phone works really well though even with it it

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Light flow does not work. I have the paid version. My light all flashes at night.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a vendor-locked model, like the Z1 C6906, T-Mobile just contracted Sony to do a special version (hence the s in Z1s). It's basically a cheaper version of the C6906, which even makes more sense if you look at the model number:

C (Model Line)
    6 = Screen size, not literal but in resolution, the 6 is Full HD.
    9 = Model revision (Which at 9 concludes the C line)
    0/1/4 = 0 is Sony base version, anything else is VENDOR special (Like the C6943 with it's TV viewing features)
    2/3/6 = Supported network type, where 2 is HSPDA/3G, 3 is LTE/4G and 6 is VENDOR CHOICE

Sony still handles the Z1s as a Z1 with it's model number: C6916.

The Z1s still is a Z1, plain and simple.
    Ok, so it can't be rooted cause the bootloader is blocked.

Does that mean that it can't be SIM unlocked either?

I know the differences between unlocked and rooted, I just want to unlock the Z1s, is that possible?

Understand difference between Root vs Unlocked (2 unlock stages):

1. Unlock bootloader: kernel related, so that you can install CM's based roms. Without bootloader unlocked you could only run Stock kernel based roms. For Z1s, bootloader unlock is not allowed !

2. Unlock SIM/Network: so that you can use on any service providers. For Z1s, the answer is yes, you can google and pay for the unlock code. Or for free of charge, wait until the contract ended between Tmobile and Sony (I donot have the info) (or meet this), then you can request TMobile for the unlock code.

3. Rooted: unlock software of the phone, so that you can edit (modify) the system runnning the way you liked it. This is the topic discussion for this Thread! Soon someone will figure out a way to root the system so we can modify such as uninstall/install system apps, put in custom recovery to flash roms or custom themes, etc.

So there you have it!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Does this mean root will be here soon. As much as i love this phone I can't live without a rooted device. Feels somehow... Neutered.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Root for ad blocking....

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I really would love root. This phone is simply amazing. But as with everything, it could be even better with root!