Lost EFS Folder - No Signal nightmare

Search This thread

kud0s

Jul 30, 2009
Coquitlam, B.C.
Okay tried to flash DN3 last night. Everything went find and had the no wifi error. It all went downhill from there. When installing DN3 there is a back up EFS folder. I selected to back that folder up. I tried to fix the Wifi problem with Devil Kernel. Got samsung logo lock up (waited for an hour). Couldn't seem to get into recovery anymore, but download mode still worked, phew!

Got the stock firmware for my device (Bell GN2 i317m). Flashed just fine, but when the phone booted, wifi worked and now I have no network. Says insert sim card when trying to select mobile networks. Tried my sim in a friends phone, worked no problem at all. okay next step. Root it with CF root. Odin 3.09 locks up when writing cache. Now phone one boot. Go to Kies and use firmware upgrade too. Works no problem. Back to root with Odin 3.07. Locks up in the exact same spot as 3.09. Tried 1.85 same problem. I realize my EFS folder is likely pooched, but everything I have read seems to require root, which I cannot seem to get anymore.

What would your next step be, before throwing it out the window? Now my stupid reset counter has Knox warrarenty failed 1 next to it and like 30 (yes 30) on my counter.

PS I have been flashing phones forever. HTC Magic, Xperia X10, Nexus S, Galaxy S2 and Note 2. I have never run into an issue like this one!

kud0s

Jul 30, 2009
Coquitlam, B.C.
Still stuck. I have tried everything under the sun. I am at a total loss on what to do. I believe its from the whole knox bootloader downgrade. I am able to gain root and have SU block knox, but my EFS folder is empty. I have reset via KIES and Odin multiple times. I am looking for someone elses hel as I have done so much to try and fix this I am now confused on all the stuff I have tried!

Unknown IMEI
Unknown Baseband
Insert Sim etc

It is the same for every flash.

Desperate for help!

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
EFS may still be there...but is not getting mounted properly because the path has been corrupted...

Sadly...I do not have an EFS .tar file that can path restore...but I know it exists on this site...and have seen it before...

Search for that information and you will likely find it...

We also have several older threads of users who fixed the EFS folder once it got deleted...

Worst case....send it for a JTAG service to mobiletechvideos.com
They can rebuild the EFS and restore the IMEI from your info under the battery...

Very sorry I can't offer more....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...

kud0s

Jul 30, 2009
Coquitlam, B.C.
Thanks! I will definitely look up that in for. I was looking for local shops that can do it. I am zero for one in that department.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gregsarg

Top Liked Posts