Real VGA

Search This thread

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
I've installed RealVGA on my Samsung SGH-i780 and I really appreciate the extra real-estate. However, I've noticed several problems:
1) The onscreen keyboard is garbled
2) The icons to indicate in what mode the keyboard is (shift, numeric), are missing.
3) The Windows Mobile startup screen comes from a vga-device
4) Excel is not working anymore

Use Resco Keyboard (http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/keyboard/default.asp VGA skin, commercial SW) or pocketCM (www.pocketCM.com vga skin, freeware)

akkki

Mar 4, 2008
Excel works just fine on my i780 with RealVGA w/ 96dpi, no issues at all. I've only installed the 96dpi pkg, since the i780 default is 128dpi.

You are right and wrong the same time. Yes, Excel does work without any issues with an english ROM. It does not with a german ROM.

btw. "Notes" does not work as well and the screen for memory-settings ist garbled to some extend. Both true for the german language version.

Knightro

Apr 13, 2006
It seems that Real VGA app is becoming favorites of i780 users. I for one is also using it in my i780 and works wonderfully. Thanks to the developer and we hope you could enhance it more for square screens like our.

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It seems that Real VGA app is becoming favorites of i780 users. I for one is also using it in my i780 and works wonderfully. Thanks to the developer and we hope you could enhance it more for square screens like our.

It seems to be avery interesting tool!!! :)

Is the only known bug Excell for non English ROM?
Is there a way to uninstall it or just hard reset?

Thanks.

Ralph Smeets

Sep 28, 2007
Hoevelaken
www.tweakers.net
It seems to be avery interesting tool!!! :)

Is the only known bug Excell for non English ROM?
Is there a way to uninstall it or just hard reset?

Thanks.

For the problems I had:
1) Garbled keyboard screen: After a re-installation it's now okay :confused:
2) Icons for the fixed keyboard (shift/numlock) are still missing
3) Startup WM6-screen is still in VGA-resolution
4) Excel/OneNote bug could be solved by removing (renaming) the officeres.40c.mui.dll file (to officeres.40c.mui.dll.old).

You can uninstall the language pack, resolution pack and application and everything goes back to normal again. So no hard reset needed. I would however recommend to make a good backup (with SpriteBackup or equivalent) before fidling arround ;)

vittogn

Jan 15, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
For the problems I had:
1) Garbled keyboard screen: After a re-installation it's now okay :confused:
2) Icons for the fixed keyboard (shift/numlock) are still missing
3) Startup WM6-screen is still in VGA-resolution
4) Excel/OneNote bug could be solved by removing (renaming) the officeres.40c.mui.dll file (to officeres.40c.mui.dll.old).

You can uninstall the language pack, resolution pack and application and everything goes back to normal again. So no hard reset needed. I would however recommend to make a good backup (with SpriteBackup or equivalent) before fidling arround ;)

Thanks a lot.
That's good!!
As I'm not going to use the sw keyboard I should be OK for point no 1 and 2. 3 is not an issue and 4 seems to be easy to fix. Am I corrcet?

OneNote? Do you have a WM 6.1 ROM on the i780??

langtran

Feb 24, 2008
quickGPS and realvga

Please help!
I installed realvga and have a distorted comm manager and quickgps. thanks to the forum, i managed to fix the comm manager. However, i still have problem with the distorted quickGPS screen. Is there a fix for it? I am using a HTC advantage. Cheers, Lang

O Iluminado

Mar 20, 2008
Really great work, Tobias!

My Excel files wont be the same ever!

(sorry but my english in not so good, I'm Brazilian).

jessegreene

Sep 29, 2007
Berlin
I'm a little out of my depth here. Perhaps those with German language expereicne could help Syres.

Hi, you might want to reinstall the programs the german version works fine for me. After changing the resolution with the realVGA programm the device should want to warmstart, after the warmstart you should see the resolution change.

Good Luck, Jesse

EAlvarado

Feb 9, 2008
Guatemala
Hello.
I read all the post, and try the real vga. Just can say, wonderful.
The 128 is great. I'm wondering if someone will work on the Spb PP v4's icons. This program is great. I get back to the 192 because of the Spb PP.
Thanks a lot.
Regards.

sabes143

Sep 12, 2007
London
Hello.
I read all the post, and try the real vga. Just can say, wonderful.
The 128 is great. I'm wondering if someone will work on the Spb PP v4's icons. This program is great. I get back to the 192 because of the Spb PP.
Thanks a lot.
Regards.

Hi
Try using the SPB PP 4 in 96DPI. It works ok. Compare to 192 DPI the 96 DPI looks great..
Good luck.

jhanavan

Aug 18, 2007
Really great work, Tobias!

My Excel files wont be the same ever!

(sorry but my english in not so good, I'm Brazilian).

plz i need help with the excell files, i can't open with the languaje spanish, how to fix that?

- Switch back to English
- Delete the file \windows\officeres.dll.0407.mui (for German). For other languges you have replace 0407 with the respective language ID.
- Switch back to your desired language

Most part of the Office applications will stay in English but at least they run.

!!!! Applies only to the cooked ROM for the IPaq !!!!

That does not fix it either

edit: install office 6.1 spanish is the solution

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the new Real VGA release.
    With Real VGA you can change the DPI setting and the language of any WM6 base deivce. Install the desired packages and the Real VGA package.
    Later on I will release some device specific Add-On to support the programs added by HTC for example.

If you get a warning about missing DLLs report them in the next message in this thread. Please edit this thread instead of posting your own list because otherwise it will be very hard to track.

The DPI packs are available for 96dpi and 128dpi. The new HTC Home plug-in seems to run pretty well in 96dpi :)
    The Language packs are available in the next post. If you need any additional language feel free to request them.

Important! Please note that currently they are designed only for ENGLISH OS versions. The may behave unpredictibly under other OS.

- Version 1.1

I just released a new version. If there are some dlls missing for you desired langauge than it tries to make a copy the dlls in your device for the new language. As a result some programs may show up in English but I think this is much better than not working at all. I will prepare additional packs to support all the device specific applications as well but in the meanwhile you will have them at lease in English

If you have used version 1.0 already then please switch once to English and then back to your desired language.

I have included in both DPI packs a fix to close the gap at the bottom of the phone