[15.02.2012][TOOL]Boot Animation Creator-Make Android Boot Animations With Ease!

Search This thread

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Can somebody help me with this boot animation? I've tried changing the picture format, separating into different PART folder. On the preview it looks just fine but when I set it up in my tablet it is just a black screen until android starts up

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

BTW... you're program is really amazing... Really love that preview option ... keep up the good work.

Are you running on stock or a custom ROM? If you're on stock, the chance is high that it doesn't support boot animations.

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Can somebody help me with this boot animation? I've tried changing the picture format, separating into different PART folder. On the preview it looks just fine but when I set it up in my tablet it is just a black screen until android starts up

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

BTW... you're program is really amazing... Really love that preview option ... keep up the good work.

Did not see any attachment to check. What device/rom are you trying to put your animation on? Are you sure you put it in the correct folder?

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
awesome tool so much easier to make bootanimation
i created 1 boot screen and it worked now i tried a second and it will not work i keep getting this error when i try to preview it either from the folder or from .zip file (bootanimation creator error: index was outside the bounds of the array)
any ideas ???

Reactions: despotovski01

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
awesome tool so much easier to make bootanimation
i created 1 boot screen and it worked now i tried a second and it will not work i keep getting this error when i try to preview it either from the folder or from .zip file (bootanimation creator error: index was outside the bounds of the array)
any ideas ???

That's strange. Can you post your boot animation, so I can see what the problem is, please?

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
That's strange. Can you post your boot animation, so I can see what the problem is, please?

it wont let me create the file either so i cant make the zip and upload it

and btw it was a youtube video i downloaded and then ran it through irfanview
and cut it down to 125 frames then took the frames and put them in the part0 folder
and the desc is this
480 800 11
p 45 0 part0

and then when i click the create .zip i get the
error(index was outside the bounds of the array)
not sure what it means but it sucks
cuz i have since last night created 7 boot animations
and lwp...but that video from you tube will not work
i even used the video file and created a .gif image and then tried
converting that and using it but still same error

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
it wont let me create the file either so i cant make the zip and upload it

and btw it was a youtube video i downloaded and then ran it through irfanview
and cut it down to 125 frames then took the frames and put them in the part0 folder
and the desc is this
480 800 11
p 45 0 part0

and then when i click the create .zip i get the
error(index was outside the bounds of the array)
not sure what it means but it sucks
cuz i have since last night created 7 boot animations
and lwp...but that video from you tube will not work
i even used the video file and created a .gif image and then tried
converting that and using it but still same error

Have you put the part0 folder into an empty folder?

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
Have you put the part0 folder into an empty folder?

yes i did put a new folder on desk top then in that folder created part0 and part1
not sure why it wont work...it worked with all the other files i used but that video
after i got the frames extracted i tried putting them in jpg format and png and niether will work ....so im just stuck....and i thought maybe the video had some sort of drm so i ran it through soundtaxi to remove it if any..and still no luck
:mad: guess i just cant have achmed the dead terrorist as my boot screen

here is two that i made just now waiting to get to the bottom of this problem

Attachments

• bart_bootanimation.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • wolf_bootanimation.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
yes i did put a new folder on desk top then in that folder created part0 and part1
not sure why it wont work...it worked with all the other files i used but that video
after i got the frames extracted i tried putting them in jpg format and png and niether will work ....so im just stuck....and i thought maybe the video had some sort of drm so i ran it through soundtaxi to remove it if any..and still no luck
:mad: guess i just cant have achmed the dead terrorist as my boot screen

here is two that i made just now waiting to get to the bottom of this problem

I think I fixed your boot animations. :D I haven't had any problems with Boot Animation Creator and Boot Animation Previewer. The Creator created the boot animations fine, and there was no problem previewing them. I attached the fixed animations. :)
By the way, which version of Boot Animation Previewer and Boot Animation Creator you have?

Attachments

• bart_bootanimation.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • wolf_bootanimation.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 19

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
I think I fixed your boot animations. :D I haven't had any problems with Boot Animation Creator and Boot Animation Previewer. The Creator created the boot animations fine, and there was no problem previewing them. I attached the fixed animations. :)
By the way, which version of Boot Animation Previewer and Boot Animation Creator you have?

those boot animations had nothing wrong with them i just put them there to show you that i could create them ...but for some reason i cant use the video from you tube and the maain reason i wrote was to find out whay im getting that error when i try to make the animation with the you tube video animation previewer 2.4.0.0
and creator version 1.4.0.0

this is the file i was trying to make a boot animation was here
i only want 30 seconds in with the sound maybe you can try if you want

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
those boot animations had nothing wrong with them i just put them there to show you that i could create them ...but for some reason i cant use the video from you tube and the maain reason i wrote was to find out whay im getting that error when i try to make the animation with the you tube video animation previewer 2.4.0.0
and creator version 1.4.0.0

I am confused now. You are saying that the boot animations aren't working on your phone, right? Please explain a bit better.

Reactions: DrAgKurt

I_AM_ME!!

Feb 16, 2012
I am confused now. You are saying that the boot animations aren't working on your phone, right? Please explain a bit better.

no thats not what im saying.....but it dont matter thx anyway for your help,

if any one recieves this error i was recieving it had something to do with the way the files were labled i had them labled boot_0001 instead of boot_001
after i removed the extra zero i didnt get the error! so to make sure it was the extra zero causing the problem i renamed them boot_0001 again and recieved the sme index error... i have attached a screenshot of the error for reference if any one needs to see it!

the bootani runs now and its fine but i need to know if there is someone on here willing to sync the audio file with the animation...i have been trying but i cant get it right

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.9 KB · Views: 150

Max725

Apr 2, 2012
Boston
Thanks – works perfectly.
Is there by any chance a similar tool to compile a down animation (and a fastboot boot animation)? If not, how else can I make them? I tried just pasting new images into the .zip files using 7-zip with store mode (no compression), and I also tried using this tool, but I can't get it to work.
Thanks again for the great program.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
    Introduction
    I'm proud to present my program called "Boot Animation Creator"! It's a powerful tool that makes creating Android boot animations a lot easier job!

Features
    -Light on memory
    -Easy-to-use user interface
    -Makes boot animations in just three steps!
    -Auto-update functionality
    -Built-in updater
    -No limitations of any kind!
    -YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE DESC.TXT FILE AND THE COMPRESSION METHODS AT ALL!! BOOT ANIMATION CREATOR DOES THAT FOR YOU!

Requirements
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    -All your frames drawn and organised into 'part' folders (the folders don't have to be called 'part')

How to use Boot Animation Creator
    1. Open Boot Animation Previewer. Read the introduction, and click 'Next'
    cap1j.png

2. Choose the folder in which your boot animation is(the parent folder of the 'part' folders) and click 'Next'
    cap2q.png

3. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
    cap3h.png

*Optional: you can edit the width, height and speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the properties and click 'Set'
    cap35.png

4. Save the animation and click 'Next'
    cap4w.png

5. You're done! If you want, you can preview your boot animation by clicking the big 'Preview boot animation' button. You'll need the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use this feature.
    Finally, click Finish
    cap5g.png

Video tutorial

Download link
    Download Boot Animation Creator

Running Boot Animation Creator on Linux operating systems - thanks, kurdo_kolene!
    kurdo_kolene said:
    1.Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac respectively

2.Open PlayOnWhatever and press Install

3.Choose "Install a non-listed program" & press Next on the next screen

4.Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" & press Next

5.Type in a name for the new virtual drive e.g. BootAnimationCreator & press Next

6.Check the boxes "Configure Wine" and "Install libraries" & press Next

7.In the newly opened window go to the "Libraries" tab, type "mscoree" in the small box or choose it from the drop-down menu, then press "Add". Select it from the bottom box, press edit and set it to "Builtin(Wine)", and press "Apply"

8.Tick the box "POL/POM _ Install mono 2.10" and press Next. Wait for the download and installation to complete.

9.On the next screen, press "Browse" and select the "install_bootanimationcreator.msi" file & press Next

10.Follow the steps of the installation wizard. When the installation has completed, just press finish, without ticking the box "Launch Boot Animation Creator" (you could, but you still have to make shortcut for it later). When the "Choose a file to create a shortcut" window appears, select "Boot Animation Creator.exe", press Next, type in a name for the shortcut e.g Boot Animation Creator, press Next, after that's finished press "I don't want to make another shortcut" and press Next and you're done.
    Launch the application from your Desktop shortcut.
    I don't suggest running Boot Animation Creator on other operating system than Windows. It may not run correctly, and on some computers it may not ever run. Therefore, use it with caution (this only appeals for running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows)! If you get errors while running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows, and not on Windows itself, I won't provide support for them, because this program is not intended to run on other OS than Windows. Report bugs only if you're using Boot Animation Creator on Windows.

Final words
    That was about it. It was easy, wasn't it? Please post feedback and thoughts about my program, they are gladly appreciated. ;)
    Changelog

Code:
    Changelog:

v1.0.0.0 {25.08.2011}
    -Initial release

v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
    -Bug fixes
    -Performance improvements

v1.1.0.0 {02.11.2011}
    -No folder limitations
    -New way of entering properties
    -The program detects the size of your frames, so you don't need to write them. Optionally, you can change the size values
    -The "Get Boot Animation Previewer" button in the Main Menu becomes "Launch Boot Animation Previewer" if you have Boot Animation Previewer installed. The download process of Boot Animation Previewer has changed as well
    -No need of Administrator privileges
    -New way of updating
    -New Updater
    -Higher-quality icon

v1.2.0.0 {04.01.2012}
    -Integrated with D01 Software Manager (the ugly old updater is gone)
    -Fixes (corrected the typo in the about box)

v1.2.1.0 {10.01.2012}
    -Bug fix – fixed the bug not recognizing D01 Software Manager
    -Improvements – when the Set Property Dialog is shown, the text box automatically gets focus
    -New feature – it tells you if your animation contains frames with indexed colors

v1.3.0.0 {17.01.2012}
    -New: Added support for loop delays
    -Updated Previewer (now you’ll see scroll bars if the animation’s size exceeds previewer’s window size)
    -…
    v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
    -Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
    -Bug fixes
    -Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
    -Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
    -The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature) 
    -New program icon, banner and about screen
    Oh I'm definitely trying this out... :D Thanks!

Edit: Hehe... I'm one of our alpha software testers at work, so maybe I'm a bit too good at this..... But I found a small bug. :p If you cancel the 'select folder' dialog, the program crashes.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Other than that, works really nicely. :) If I could make a suggestion though: On step 2, maybe add a line below the 'First folder number of loops' that mentions using a value of '0' for infinite loops. For people who haven't read any tutorials or made any animations manually, they probably wouldn't know about that..
    Cam you make an Android version so we can do this awesome thing right on our phones?

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Yes, I will make an Android app when I have more free time. :)
    Please give a new download link because I am getting error 404 not found:crying:

Here you go.