[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

chuck2002

Dec 28, 2008
Sorry Im a noob but..

Hi everyone, Im gonna start off by saying I AM and NOOB and I am just trying to learn so any help is very much appreciated. It seems to find middle ground here, I'v been to alot of different forums now and it seems I can only find others that seem to know everything and it seems foolish to ask a simple questions such as " pros and cons of flashing" or even " WHAT IS flashing and ROMS and why do it" It all seems very interesting though and I would like to learn. I have a Tilt and I love it, and would love to learn more about it. Any help is appreciated, sorry for the noobness.

justonce

Jan 13, 2007
Application Error

I just got my X05HT yesterday and ready to ready to Flash English ROM but failed...
I was trying to Flash Hardspl but keep getting Application Error "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click Ok to terminate the application."

I followed all instruction such as extracting the RAR file first but keep getting the same message.

Please advice.

Thank you very much in advance.

Justonce from Okinawa

systematicdecline

Dec 16, 2008
San Luis Obispo
Hi everyone, Im gonna start off by saying I AM and NOOB and I am just trying to learn so any help is very much appreciated. It seems to find middle ground here, I'v been to alot of different forums now and it seems I can only find others that seem to know everything and it seems foolish to ask a simple questions such as " pros and cons of flashing" or even " WHAT IS flashing and ROMS and why do it" It all seems very interesting though and I would like to learn. I have a Tilt and I love it, and would love to learn more about it. Any help is appreciated, sorry for the noobness.

Hi. I just wanted to say just got my htc fuze about a month ago. And returned mine 2 times. I just got my new one, with a 4 gig card. I want to flash a rom and radio and any software that i feel fit. So this thread is priceless to nuubs like me. I am a pc tech somewhat outdated. So i do have somewhat of a clue of software.

I will start off tomorrow fresh when i wake up. Going to bed soon been sick.

First i will start off with the the hardspl or may buy the unlock software.

Is there a thread with locations and radios? and which ones work best in which areas? or is it rom dependent and area dependent. Thus is why you want to flash your rom first... correct? Also what is the best and most stable rom out there? I have been researching this for weeks now and still cant decide on naft or others. so many good ones. I just want the less buggy one. Or non buggy if possible with best performance and lots of options. You know what everyone wants hehe..

Anyways wanted to say hello and thank you for this thread.

system

xzibitB

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks!

mskip, just wanted to add my appreciation for your simple and clean instructions as well as your ongoing responses - you answered every question I had.

mykwalkr

Dec 27, 2008
Cocoa Beach
Application Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got my X05HT yesterday and ready to ready to Flash English ROM but failed...
I was trying to Flash Hardspl but keep getting Application Error "The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click Ok to terminate the application."

I followed all instruction such as extracting the RAR file first but keep getting the same message.

Please advice.

Justonce from Okinawa

I had this same issue, but once I installed the latest version of .NET Framework 3.5 all was well. THANX for the Newb instructions MSKIP...could not have braved that by myself! Although I did notice when I went to load the HARDSPL that my Fuze was prompting me load bootloader.exe (said yes), just made me a little nervous saying yes to a prompt that was not documented in the instructions...

Last edited:

Hdstreetglide

Nov 5, 2007
Louisville, KY

Imagine your Tilt running fast than when you got it, without all the bloatware that you don't want. Imagine plenty of memory aviable to use for programs you want to install. This is what a custom rom is all about. Flashing is the method of getting a custom rom on your phone. This forum isa place for people to share the love and fun of improving a good device and getting as much performance as possible out of it. As well as a wonderful place to learn about your device.:rolleyes:

louplou

Dec 28, 2008
connection settings - preventing flashing

I finally figured out why I couldn't flash any rom or HARDSPL. Everything was hanging at 0%. I had to go into connection settings and uncheck "allow connections to one of the following". After that, everything worked smoothly. Thanks NATF for the ROM, I will donate.

kreep22

Sep 17, 2007
Junction City
hi all, i'm a noob and good job on the instructions mskip. i was reading your instructions and i cant seem to pass step 3. it says that "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.050727" but i have 3.5 installed. why is it doing this and how can i get pass it?

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
hi all, i'm a noob and good job on the instructions mskip. i was reading your instructions and i cant seem to pass step 3. it says that "To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.050727" but i have 3.5 installed. why is it doing this and how can i get pass it?
What operating system/ service pack are you running on your pc?

legend12

Nov 22, 2008
att fuze stock music/pictures

Hi! I loved using your guide; it was gr8 and informative.

After flashing and installing ROM, I realized I had lost the stock music and pics that came with the phone. Does anybody know where I can go find the stock pictures/music? I have searched xda and haven't had much luck :(

While the stock AT&T ROM was awful, at least it had some decent wallpapers/pics and music

edit: I found the wallpaper/pics: http://monx.aplace4u.biz/ROMeOS2RAPHAEL/REMOVED/

I'm thinking the sample music is random on each ATT fuze device

Last edited:

leochup

May 2, 2008

I have same problem, any solution yet?

pakothug

Aug 23, 2008
Hello,
I live in The Netherlands and I own a unbranded GSM HTC Raphael. The reason I want to flash my device is that I want an updated version of Opera, preisntalled flash support and maybe some other stuff.
Before I start flashing my device; is there a way to backup the original manufacturer ROM ? In case I want to return it to factory defaults. if yes how do I do that ?
I've read RezzZ's post, but I don't quit understand.
please don't mind my questions, I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2008
I cant seem to be able to flash the hard SPL. im trying to do it via Active Sync. i take out my Sd card and my sim card and i link it up, it syncs and its all good. i run the HardSPL thing and check the boxes, and click next and such. then i click that update button, then next. the loading bar comes up and sits there for like 20 sec. i wait for some notification on my phone but nothing pops up. after awhile, my computer says:

Error [202]

Cannot connect blah blah blah, check your usb cord.

i have used 2 different usb cords and like 4 different usb ports and it still wont do anything. ive even disabled my antivirus and firewall and still no notification on my phone. im sitting here with this slow stock SPL and Rom and i wanna use NATF to make it faster.

what am i doing wrong? cant even get the hardSPL on there...

FarSight87

Dec 29, 2008
Tamworth
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Application Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please advice.

Justonce from Okinawa

I had this same issue, but once I installed the latest version of .NET Framework 3.5 all was well. THANX for the Newb instructions MSKIP...could not have braved that by myself! Although I did notice when I went to load the HARDSPL that my Fuze was prompting me load bootloader.exe (said yes), just made me a little nervous saying yes to a prompt that was not documented in the instructions...

I am having same problem as justonce, however, i have downloaded and installed .NET framework 3.5 successfully and am still having the same problem. Ideas anyone? :confused:
Thanks.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hello,
I live in The Netherlands and I own a unbranded GSM HTC Raphael. The reason I want to flash my device is that I want an updated version of Opera, preisntalled flash support and maybe some other stuff.
Before I start flashing my device; is there a way to backup the original manufacturer ROM ? In case I want to return it to factory defaults. if yes how do I do that ?
I've read RezzZ's post, but I don't quit understand.
please don't mind my questions, I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance
If you cant manage to back it up then look *HERE* and you might be able to find the Stock Rom that you have on your phone now. If you go into your device information screen you will find the Rom and Radio version which you might be able to match up with one listed or at least somthing similar. Hope that helped :)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I cant seem to be able to flash the hard SPL. im trying to do it via Active Sync. i take out my Sd card and my sim card and i link it up, it syncs and its all good. i run the HardSPL thing and check the boxes, and click next and such. then i click that update button, then next. the loading bar comes up and sits there for like 20 sec. i wait for some notification on my phone but nothing pops up. after awhile, my computer says:

Error [202]

Cannot connect blah blah blah, check your usb cord.

i have used 2 different usb cords and like 4 different usb ports and it still wont do anything. ive even disabled my antivirus and firewall and still no notification on my phone. im sitting here with this slow stock SPL and Rom and i wanna use NATF to make it faster.

what am i doing wrong? cant even get the hardSPL on there...
Is your phone going into the black screen after you run the RUU as stated in the instructions? If it isnt then try this (also in the instructions):

[FONT=&quot]NOTE 2: Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the download to the device and run it. Once the screen is black, run RUU manually from the PC.

It should work fine then.
[/FONT]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...