[Q] Moto G on special T-mobile 30$ unlimited offer (US)

Search This thread

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Hello guys. Could somebody on the T-Mobile 30$ unlimited text and data (100min talk) please post what internet speed you get using Speedtest, and what region you live in pretty please?

I read about links to get this offer online without going to Walt-Mart, but not much more info (have searched here).

I use MetroPCS, which has improved in the last few years, and get a solid 0.52Mbps (34.3 kB/s) on another phone (Motion 4G) which is more than enough to use Tunein Radio, Pandora, or iHeartRadio nonstop in Pompano FL. Signal does drop on less rural areas, but it's not bad at all.

dosangst

May 16, 2012
DTW
T-Mobile on the Moto G in the Atlanta area. Great speeds, mostly H+ 10mbps+ on average.

showkit

Mar 17, 2012
My moto g arrived last week. I had the gsm tmobile micro Sim and $30 prepaid refill card from Safeway kiosk ready when I called to activate (on line the plan is not shown). The rep began in forming me of many options but I politely told him I wanted the same plan we were using on wife's phone the monthly prepaid $30 5gb 100 minute plan. He said I can do that put me on hold came back in 2 more minutes we were done.

With my testing using speed test I get, depending on signal strength, from256k to 20mg. This is with 3g showing in signal strength bars. I was in Vegas last week for CES and averaged around 9mb the whole time

On my nexus 4 the signal strength indicator shows H for hspa T-Mobile lte. The moto g shows 3g which appears to be old/slower generation but I and others report speed results to be similar to hspa on the nexus4

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Cooptx

Jul 28, 2012
Houston, Texas
My moto g arrived last week. I had the gsm tmobile micro Sim and $30 prepaid refill card from Safeway kiosk ready when I called to activate (on line the plan is not shown). The rep began in forming me of many options but I politely told him I wanted the same plan we were using on wife's phone the monthly prepaid $30 5gb 100 minute plan. He said I can do that put me on hold came back in 2 more minutes we were done.

With my testing using speed test I get, depending on signal strength, from256k to 20mg. This is with 3g showing in signal strength bars. I was in Vegas last week for CES and averaged around 9mb the whole time

On my nexus 4 the signal strength indicator shows H for hspa T-Mobile lte. The moto g shows 3g which appears to be old/slower generation but I and others report speed results to be similar to hspa on the nexus4

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

It shows 3G, but you are on HSPA+. Check under settings>about phone>status you should see "Mobile Network Type" UMTS is 3G while HSPA+ is H. The US models don't show the H in the status bar.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for the info guys.

The 30$ unlimited text/data 100min a month seems to have been replaced for the 40$ a month unlimited talk/text but only 500MB of LTE, and then NO data after that unless you pay for it daily/weekly.

That is insane for me, but I guess it makes sense for people in other situations.

Does anyone have more speed results on the older 30$ plan?

DDNV

Jan 13, 2011

The 30$ unlimited text/data 100min a month seems to have been replaced for the 40$ a month unlimited talk/text but only 500MB of LTE, and then NO data after that unless you pay for it daily/weekly.

That is insane for me, but I guess it makes sense for people in other situations.

I know this thread is a little old, but I got the Moto G off Swappa and the $30 unlimited text data and 100min "kit" at Walmart about a month ago for my teenage daughter. Perfect plan considering teenagers never use a phone for talking, lol. Works great.

The plan may only be available through Walmart now. When I call Tmobile about the plan before buying the kit, they don't me the plan wasn't available, but I had just seen it at the store. So I went back and got the kit. Made a mistake in activating, called Tmobile and the next service person totally knew what I wast talking about and fixed my mistake.

DDNV

castuis

Jan 21, 2011
Miami, Florida

"
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5 GB at up to 4G speeds
Now get unlimited international texting from the U.S. to virtually anywhere included in your plan—at no extra charge.
This plan is only available for devices purchased from
Wal-Mart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com"

It's still on their website same spot as always.