Decompiling apk

Search This thread

Musgrove99

Nov 17, 2012
Every time i try to recompile or decompile i get this error it looks like a java error but i have tried reinstalling in and on other computers so i dont know what it is if anybody could help that would be great.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,134

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
You need to install the framework-res.apk and tw-framework.apk both of them in the framework folder. Google how to install framework for apktool.

Sent from my SM-N900A
RErick-GalaxyNote3v7_zps7048a771.png

Musgrove99

Nov 17, 2012
Will try and report back thanks for the reply
i am still getting the same error. I thought it might be the rom so i downloaded a new stock rom and a new systemui.apk and try to decompile it and and i am i getting the same error but i decompiles it i dont know if it is missing something or not.

drakeymcmb

Jun 22, 2012
Tinley park,il
It's because your using an old version of apktool. Don't use the automated programs they suck. Do it manually with aptool.jar just Google how to use it properly. Should have no issues. And make sure java is installed properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
It's because your using an old version of apktool. Don't use the automated programs they suck. Do it manually with aptool.jar just Google how to use it properly. Should have no issues. And make sure java is installed properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not necessarily. I use an outdated apktool only has api up to 4.3 works fine. You can clearly see that its not getting framework info from the screenshot he took

Musgrove99

Nov 17, 2012
Yeah I know. It doesn't matter. What are your exact steps?
I download java files and installed I got the systemui.apk and put in in the put files and I put twframework.apk in framework I opened .bat file and tried to decompile it and I get that error but I get a systemui decompile but I think it is missing something

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Yep. You have to install both frameworks. Framework-res.apk AND tw-framework.apk. They also have to be installed. See this website
http://bit.ly/LLKRja look for a YouTube video or a guide and THEN try decompiling
Edit: the second hit that comes up there will help you a lot

Sent from my SM-N900A
RErick-GalaxyNote3v7_zps7048a771.png

Musgrove99

Nov 17, 2012
I did the command for the framework and it installed the framework but i am getting the same result.

Last edited: