[APP] Fotolio

Search This thread

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Pushed new version to Market - should be available soon! Thank you to blazingwolf for testing this version to make sure everyone gets the most out of this new version!

-- Added to Main Page ------------

EDIT 3/21/12 - V1.2 Market Update - New ScreenShots Below Fotolio Android Market
V1.2 - Major Release
V1.2 - Added new scrolling view
V1.2 - Added multi-fotolio support
V1.2 - Fixed memory leak to avoid out-of-memory issue
V1.2 - Added prompt to turn descriptions on/off
V1.2 - Minor UI changes across the app

Please test and give me your feedback. Thank you to blazingwolf for testing this version to make sure everyone gets the most out of this new version!

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS5.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS6.jpg

Reactions: Kratoschile

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
I'll give it a shot when I get home to my tab :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Since Fotolio has been stable for the current user base, I will be adding a few new features. Please feel free to request things that you need and I will try to focus on them next (as long as they are simple to tackle).

The list of potential new features currently includes:
- Automatic image rotation based on sensor
- Ability to sort by text and numbers in filenames
- New layout to keep things excited
- Customized logos to personalize Fotolios
- Various slideshow speeds

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Thank you both! I have been making good progress and you can expect to see many new features very soon.

blazingwolf, would you be willing to help me with the new beta?

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Thanks blazingwolf for the support so far. There is a list of many new features that I am working on but let's just keep that a secret for now :)

EDIT 6/10/12 - V1.2.2 BETA - Multi-touch + Much More Download Fotolio V1.2.2 BETA
BETA - Multi-touch support (Enabled by longpressing on big image)
BETA - Added preference menu
BETA - Options to change slideshow intervals
BETA - Added toggle for auto-crop
BETA - Added toggle for auto-rotate
BETA - Option to change UI Colors
BETA - Sort files Ascending or Descending order (Random coming next)

I will be on vacation next week so not all the features are included in this Beta. I do however am interested to know how well the multi-touch is working for other. I will change the way mult-touch is enabled to make the app more seemless.

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Just pushed the new version to Android market - Thanks blazingwolf!

Added the following to the OP:

EDIT 7/04/12 - V1.2.3 BETA - Multi-touch + Much More Fotolio Android Market
V1.2.3 - Added pinch zoom (long press image to activate)
V1.2.3 - App now rotates from Landscape to Portrait
V1.2.3 - Added preferences menu options for personalizing UI
V1.2.3 - As requested, options to select SlideShow speed
V1.2.3 - Updated UI graphics and several bug fixes

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006

Great job. :D :highfive:

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
New version with Jelly Bean support should be pushed out on Market soon!

EDIT 7/12/12 - V1.2.5 Market - Jelly Bean Support Fotolio Android Market
V1.2.5 - Jelly Bean Support
V1.2.5 - New graphics for Fotolio selection with three templates
V1.2.5 - Options to configure thumbnail and border sizes
V1.2.5 - Bug fixes including blank image during multi-touch

Z_Black

May 13, 2011
www.zlbphotography.com
This is a great app! I installed it a couple weeks back, but never set it up until today because I'm lazy like that!

I added a general folder with all my "portfolio" photo's in it, then created 3 separate ones for People, Landscapes and Architecture. Have yet to run into any problems with the slideshow, orientation, or anything. Seems rock solid and the amount of features I think is just about right.

Perhaps it's my installation, or the tablet itself, but the only minor thing I noticed is when using the full screen view and swiping from picture to picture, there's about a 2 second delay before it slides to the previous or next photo. When I initially saw that, I thought it was unresponsive or just not something I could do and it would work as a slideshow, but then it moved along. Is this the intended behavior?

I plan to use this app to show clients and just to show off my work in general whenever the opportunity arrises. It's a very slick and clean looking app, with minimalist style, which I personally think is crucial to a portfolio layout. Keep up the awesome work on this!!

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
This is a great app! I installed it a couple weeks back, but never set it up until today because I'm lazy like that!

I added a general folder with all my "portfolio" photo's in it, then created 3 separate ones for People, Landscapes and Architecture. Have yet to run into any problems with the slideshow, orientation, or anything. Seems rock solid and the amount of features I think is just about right.

Perhaps it's my installation, or the tablet itself, but the only minor thing I noticed is when using the full screen view and swiping from picture to picture, there's about a 2 second delay before it slides to the previous or next photo. When I initially saw that, I thought it was unresponsive or just not something I could do and it would work as a slideshow, but then it moved along. Is this the intended behavior?

I plan to use this app to show clients and just to show off my work in general whenever the opportunity arrises. It's a very slick and clean looking app, with minimalist style, which I personally think is crucial to a portfolio layout. Keep up the awesome work on this!!

Thank you for such nice words. I am really glad that people are enjoying this personal project of mine. The delay on your Tablet is likely due to the processing that is happening before a picture is rendered. The app resizes original images to your screen size for optimal view quality and depending on the original size, you can notice a delay in the transition. Try loading a portfolio with smaller images and see if it makes any difference. Also, what tablet/phone and android version are you using this on? The app is optimized for Android 3.0+ Tablets and larger screen phones.

I would be happy to help with performance if it turns out to be an app issue.

Regards, Pali

Z_Black

May 13, 2011
www.zlbphotography.com
The rendering sounds like it very well could be what I'm seeing. They are the full sized jpeg exports from lightroom, so a pretty high res file. I'll make a set more in line with my screen resolution and see how that works later this evening.

The tablet I'm currently using this on is the Acer A500 running an ICS rom. I'll be installing the app on my Galaxy Note here soon too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Apachi2k

Apachi2k

Jan 31, 2010
Pushed new version to Android Play with bug fixes and new features. Hope everyone enjoys the new release!

EDIT 7/12/12 - V1.3 Market Fotolio Android Market
V1.3 - New file manager for selecting Fotolio
V1.3 - Custom logo option
V1.3 - UI Cleanup
V1.3 - Bug Fixes (Galaxy S III crashes)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an app on the Android market that a user reported having issue with on the Acer Iconia A500 tab. Can one of you please take the time to install the app and try to reproduce the error while accessing external USB and provide the logcat? I would greatly appreciate your help!

The app is called Fotolio and is available on the Android market at Fotolio

The app development is tracked in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445754

App ScreenShots

FotolioSS2.jpg

FotolioSS1.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS6.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS7.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS8.jpg

Fotolio%20Market%20V1%20SS9.jpg

Great job. :D :highfive:
    I have an app on the Android market that a user reported having issue with on the Acer Iconia A500 tab. Can one of you please take the time to install the app and try to reproduce the error while accessing external USB and provide the logcat? I would greatly appreciate your help!

The app is called Fotolio and is available on the Android market at Fotolio

The app development is tracked in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445754

great app!!! it crashes if you select USB storage without any USB plugged in otherwise it works great!!!
    Great app... Definitely useful :p
    The rendering sounds like it very well could be what I'm seeing. They are the full sized jpeg exports from lightroom, so a pretty high res file. I'll make a set more in line with my screen resolution and see how that works later this evening.

The tablet I'm currently using this on is the Acer A500 running an ICS rom. I'll be installing the app on my Galaxy Note here soon too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2