can access phone in PTP but not MTP

Search This thread

Caniv

Dec 23, 2012
hey guys
not really sure what the hell is wrong

i finished rooting an unlocking my pohne with WugFresh - and obviously doing the first driver steps means my drivers are functional.

when i connect my phone to my pc (win7) nothing comes up while its on MTP, first time i chose MTP it installed drivers but there is no popup window on my PC to choose an action, nor can i see the phones SD on my computer.
if i switch to camera mode (PTP) i instnatly get the Autoplay menu and can access two folders DCIM and Pictures.

i tried:
doing the initial installation (and uninstallation) of drivers in WUG a few times
turning MTP/PTP on off
turning usb debut on/off
plugging to another pc - WORKED INSTANTLY

so why wont my dumb PC be able to do this?

Last edited:

Ajaykumar21066

Dec 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
hey guys
not really sure what the hell is wrong

i finished rooting an unlocking my pohne with WugFresh - and obviously doing the first driver steps means my drivers are functional.

when i connect my phone to my pc (win7) nothing comes up while its on MTP, first time i chose MTP it installed drivers but there is no popup window on my PC to choose an action, nor can i see the phones SD on my computer.
if i switch to camera mode (PTP) i instnatly get the Autoplay menu and can access two folders DCIM and Pictures.

help!

i also did the first steps in WUG like 10 times.
Buddy , check if USB debugging mode is active

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Try manually uninstalling the drivers from device manager and reboot both phone and computer. Connect in ptp then switch to mtp

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Caniv

Dec 23, 2012
wow im not sure why but this did it:

connected to PC (AGAIN) with MTP and PTP and DEBUT off

turned on debug and removed driver from device manager
turned off debug

turned on MTP and removed driver
turned off MTP

turned on PTP and removed driver
turned off PTP

and then i activated to install drivers (and after install deactivated) in this order
PTP
MTP
DEBUG

now all is installed and working

no idea why.

ty!