ModemStatsService draining battery

Search This thread

nikeid

Jan 28, 2014
It's been talked about on this forum a few times, but I still don't know the answer.

I have Tesco UK edition and when I check my battery stats, it shows, that 35 % of the batery is used by "screen" (of course) and another 40 % is by ModemStatsService .. the rest is just low % .. but I wonder what this ModemStatsService is, what it does and why it uses my battery more than the screen itself. I can force stop the process, but after few hours it restarts itself again. I wouldnt care about that if it werent using my battery even more than the screen.

Anyone please?

kellerman40

Jan 30, 2014
Have you tried to reset the device? I also have 8GB MotoG from Tesco UK. Havent had any battery drain issues with both 4.3 and 4.4 Tesco ROMs. The first is always Screen.

nikeid

Jan 28, 2014
And what do u mean by reset? Factory reset? I dont want to set everything again :D you dont have any modemstatsservice process in battery stats? Could it be a process of some app? I have just regular google apps and runkeeper, nova launcher, fruit ninja, czech news app, flashlight, facebook and file explorer

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
No one seems to really know what this service does. Can anyone enlighten us as to what it does and how to stop it? It's keeping my phone awake 100%of the time now. Did it come with the 4.4.2 patch? This thread was created before that patch existed.

I've rebooted my phone and the process hasn't restarted. I sure would like to know it's purpose.

Sent from my Moto G

Last edited:

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
No one seems to really know what this service does. Can anyone enlighten us as to what it does and how to stop it? It's keeping my phone awake 100%of the time now. Did it come with the 4.4.2 patch? This thread was created before that patch existed.

I've rebooted my phone and the process hasn't restarted. I sure would like to know it's purpose.

Sent from my Moto G
+1