1080P on XBMC

Search This thread

Skurvy_Pirate

Jun 29, 2010
Reactions: Nycpolo76

DivinityCycle

Jul 29, 2010
Portland, OR
From back in the original Xbox days, I can tell you that running Nightly builds can be a very hit-or-miss experience. I'd definitely recommend just testing the linked build out and staying with that if it does what you need. I don't plan on updating again until something big is fixed / updated, like HDMI-CEC.

Also, I can tell you guys that the default keymapping is really jacked up, particularly for the Ouya controllers. This is because the Ouya controller is detected (in XBMC) as a keyboard at the moment. I have been too busy / lazy to build a custom keymap, but I plan on it. Like half the stuff on the controller doesn't even work anyways :( I am mostly just annoyed at pushing the "B" button (in my mind it will always be B since I have played on Xbox controllers too long :p) to stop a video, and I am toggled back to Playlist view instead. I'll probably fix that crap this weekend and post it here and / or on the XBMC forums.

Reactions: billouetaudrey

nerdrow

Jul 27, 2009
Most of the popular video add-on (IceFilms, Mashup, Hulu, Amazon, etc) have significant issues with builds after Alpha 2 linked above since they're Gotham builds (I believe Alpha 2 was the last Frodo build). 1080p is fine for me on Alpha 2 both streaming and local.

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Anyone have a message ( cache is full ) with 1080p on streaming ( FTP ) ?

Envoyé depuis mon Transformer en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal
Anyone have a message ( cache is full ) with 1080p on streaming ( FTP ) ?

Yep

go to: Internal storage\Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files\.xbmc\userdata

and create a file called: advancedsettings.xml

put this inside

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Reboot your device and try again

Reactions: billouetaudrey

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Yep

go to: Internal storage\Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files\.xbmc\userdata

and create a file called: advancedsettings.xml

put this inside

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Reboot your device and try again

I try it :) No error message, but now, the " mise en cache " is very long ... normal ?

Reactions: XblackdemonX

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal
I try it :) No error message, but now, the " mise en cache " is very long ... normal ?

I'm not sure but it's always been long for me with HD content even when I had the error message...
With SD content it takes a maximum of 20 seconds before the show starts (that is when I stream from the internet)
on my local network it's instant

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
The wiki has been recently updated with more content and notes, bugs, controller map, etc...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Ticiano

Aug 13, 2010
I just bought an Ouya making a bet that I could use it as a media center with XBMC, like I made with that old Xbox and it was awesome.
I made a big betting because I have a Nexus 7 (same hardware) and my tests with the Android versions of XBMC have never good results with HD h.264 videos. I'll keep atention to this topic, as I see some happy Ouya and XBMC users here. I'll follow you and post my experiences here soon. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
I just bought an Ouya making a bet that I could use it as a media center with XBMC, like I made with that old Xbox and it was awesome.
I made a big betting because I have a Nexus 7 (same hardware) and my tests with the Android versions of XBMC have never good results with HD h.264 videos. I'll keep atention to this topic, as I see some happy Ouya and XBMC users here. I'll follow you and post my experiences here soon. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

2 things, there was a wiki database problem and users got m erased so I'm waiting to get added back to the wiki to update it. And for the OUYA pretty much every movie on my server is HD h.264 AAC and plays fine.

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ticiano

metzzarn

Sep 13, 2009
Växjö
I'm thinking of buying an Ouya.
Does it play 1080p DTS-HD Master Audio?
It would be great if someone of you who owns the device to test it out, I would really appreciate it :)

Ticiano

Aug 13, 2010
Got my Ouya and tested some 1080p videos without problems. Streaming from my NAS over a 300Mbps WiFi conection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

metzzarn

Sep 13, 2009
Växjö
If it´s like the RPi it plays 1080p aac and other non HD audio just fine, but when it comes to HD audio like DTS-HD Master Audio you have to use a reviever to decode the audio otherwise both video and audio starts to lag.
The problem is I don't have a reciever, so the machine has to be able to play HD audio.

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Clear data, cache and uninstall xbmc, then download the latest monthly, so smoothb ! 30 hours worth of video, 1 crash

I do that I don't know how many time lol

It's work but have cache message every 15sec...

And if I copy file on Ouya via SMb, max 1mo/sec...

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to use the Gotham release with stagefright. It has hardware acceleration and should be able to play them fine. Try the newest one from here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/android/

actually I think you need one from here that includes stagefright (so I assume the SF ones).

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/
    You need to use the Gotham release with stagefright. It has hardware acceleration and should be able to play them fine. Try the newest one from here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/android/

actually I think you need one from here that includes stagefright (so I assume the SF ones).

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/

Thx I'll give it a shot the next chance I get.

I hope I can get it to play 3d 1080p properly but I be happy for just 1080p atm.
    Hi, I have install Gortham build and all my video lag (hd and SD) any idea plz ?

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am also getting stutter on any video type, from a 1080p HD to crappy SD rips. I am using the latest gotham_alpha5SF build from 7/3/13

Update: I rolled back to alpha4SF from 6/4/13 and it seems to have smoothed it out.
    There is an official XBMC wiki page for Ouya is up, no much on it, but it says that this build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk is the most stable. Newer version may work ,but it is good to keep in mind these are just test builds and that newer ones make break things unless it is a release candidate (RC) or a stable build. I have not tried the one on their wiki since alpha 4 seems to be working great for me.
    From back in the original Xbox days, I can tell you that running Nightly builds can be a very hit-or-miss experience. I'd definitely recommend just testing the linked build out and staying with that if it does what you need. I don't plan on updating again until something big is fixed / updated, like HDMI-CEC.

Also, I can tell you guys that the default keymapping is really jacked up, particularly for the Ouya controllers. This is because the Ouya controller is detected (in XBMC) as a keyboard at the moment. I have been too busy / lazy to build a custom keymap, but I plan on it. Like half the stuff on the controller doesn't even work anyways :( I am mostly just annoyed at pushing the "B" button (in my mind it will always be B since I have played on Xbox controllers too long :p) to stop a video, and I am toggled back to Playlist view instead. I'll probably fix that crap this weekend and post it here and / or on the XBMC forums.