Finally Ipad smoothness : Onda V975M Quad Core 2.0GHz 9.7 Inch Retina Screen

Search This thread

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Onda V975M Quad Core is the latest Amlogic M802 Quad Core Android Tablet. Onda V975M features Amlogic M802 Cortex A9 28 Nanometer Process Technology CPU and Mali 450 MP4 Octa Core GPU.(RAM 2GB)

ONDA_V975M.jpg

Onda_V975M_Quad_Core_03.jpg

onda_v975m_quad_core_01.jpg

Onda_V975M_Quad_Core_04.jpg

Onda_V975M_Quad_Core_05.jpg

Seems like this is the first Android tablet in the lower price range which is fast enough for the retina display.
I ordered one yesterday, i hope i have it beginning next week, i will tell you my experiences.
Please discuss and lets hope there are some handy guys among us who can make custom ROM for it ? :fingers-crossed:

This is the official Onda site (click)

Onda V975M Advanced Tablet Features:

CPU: Amlogic M802 Cortex A9r4 28nm 2.0GHz Quad Core
GPU: Mali 450 Octa Core GPU
RAM 2GB,DDR3
Storage 32GB
Shell Material Metal
Size: 9.7 inch
Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, 2048*1536 High-resolution Screen
Resolution: 2048*1536 Pixels
Visible Angle: 178°
Screen PPI: 264
Display: Retina IPS Screen
Daul Camera:Front 2.0 Megapixels,Back 5.0 Megapixels Auto Foucus (iPhone 4 OV Camera)
Gravity Sensor Yes
Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
Multi-Touch Yes, 10 points touch
OTG: Yes
Play Store: Yes, built in
Email and Browser: Yes, built in
WIFI: Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
3G : Not built in, support external 3G dongle
Earphone Interface 3.5mm
Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
Video: 4K HD Videp Play with formats of MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc.
Battery : 8500 mAh
Onda V975M Advanced Tablet contain:

1 x Onda V975M Tablet PC
1 x USB cable
1 x Charger
Onda V975M Advanced Weight: 539g
Onda V975M Advanced Size: 242*179*8.3mm

If you want something added or deleted please let me know, this is the first time i make a topic about a new device.

PausBastianus

Jul 16, 2010
I ordered this tablet last week and it was shipped yesterday.
I hope to have it by the end of the week.

It would be great if this tablet could get some support from the custom rom makers!

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
I ordered this tablet last week and it was shipped yesterday.
I hope to have it by the end of the week.

It would be great if this tablet could get some support from the custom rom makers!

I have had it for a week. It truly is a great tab. And I agree, once we get Custom recovery and Custom Roms, this will be hard to beat.

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Is the hardware known by other brands so it is easier to develop for?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk

Robert_it

Mar 17, 2009
Trescore Balneario (IT)
I am presently in Brussels, Belgium but when I return home late Sunday night (Denmark) there is one of these baby's waiting for me. So I can not tell anything about my first impressions but I am up for a custom ROM for sure....
I have flashed every phone and tablet for me or my kids regardless of the brand Chinese or a branded for as long as I can remember...
A version of Cyanogenmod 11 on this with NovaHD over it seems like a very nice deal :)

So I am excited about ROM development on this as well.... Keep up the good work.

Gorgolemis

Mar 23, 2010
How to root?

I am presently in Brussels, Belgium but when I return home late Sunday night (Denmark) there is one of these baby's waiting for me. So I can not tell anything about my first impressions but I am up for a custom ROM for sure....
I have flashed every phone and tablet for me or my kids regardless of the brand Chinese or a branded for as long as I can remember...
A version of Cyanogenmod 11 on this with NovaHD over it seems like a very nice deal :)

So I am excited about ROM development on this as well.... Keep up the good work.

Does enyone knows how to root Onda 975M step by step please in english?

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
I received mine today and I must say I'm impressed. Looks solid with a good finished quality.

enr88

Aug 6, 2011
Palermo, Italy, Italy
Hi at all, i received the tab yesterday, upgrade Fw with v1.0.5, And all run fine.. Just a problem when i swich off/on the screen i see unmount/mount external SD card...anyone have this ?

Inviato dal mio V975m Core4 con Tapatalk 4

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Hi at all, i received the tab yesterday, upgrade Fw with v1.0.5, And all run fine.. Just a problem when i swich off/on the screen i see unmount/mount external SD card...anyone have this ?

Yes it's normal, I have the same.
Does SwiftKey runs smoothly at your end? And youtube?

enr88

Aug 6, 2011
Palermo, Italy, Italy
OK, but i think that isn't normal behaviour...with v1.0.5 app YouTube dont work, work fine tubemate o youtube in stock browser. I dont know about swiftkey, because i dont have it installed now...

Edit.update about swiftkey, that not run smoothly...

Last edited:

Robert_it

Mar 17, 2009
Trescore Balneario (IT)
I have now played with my new Onda V975M for a couple of days and like others I am quite impressed about the build quality, screen and the feel in general.
Speakers is mediocre at best not even close to an IPAD, screen is bright and crisp, charging port is also a full micro USB (finally on a Chinese tablet), Micro HDMI as well (have not tested that yet) and I have stuck a 32Gb MicroSD in the slot for video and media only as the internal memory also is 32GB again nice with a cheap Chinese Tablet with plenty of storage.. Do not seems to get hot even with extended heavy use.
Cant really give a clear picture on battery because I have charged it every night last couple of days but even with heavy use during a full day the lowest I have had it is around 27%.

It does however feel like like there is a lot of lost/hidden potential in this tablet. I am absolutely sure if anybody where to make a CM11 for this it would be a hole new beast. Better drivers for both processor and GPU is needed.
I am experiencing stuttering both with YouTube and streaming video from other video streaming sites. It does shut WiFi AND memory card off when in sleep but both fires up really quick when woken up. It also seems to get slow'ish if a lot of APP's is open at a time, again with the processor speed and GPU it should be a real powerhouse. If you look at the specs only it do NOT perform as expected. I can't emphasise how much I am looking forward to some clever bloke is launching a custom performance ROM for this...

Please Please get to work... :eek: :D :D :eek:

Still I would recommend this to a friend... best bang for the buck right now I think??

Robert

Reactions: CoopZor and Scorp84

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
I agree, this could be a great Nexus device if we could get a custom rom.

Scorp84

Mar 24, 2011
Saarbrücken
www.freeletics-flo.de
I am really satisfied with the tablet overall. If Onda releases KitKat, this tab will be a killer regarding the price. The predecessor, the normal 975 has already official 4.4 update from onda. I think it is only a matter of time before they bring it to our device.

Gesendet von meinem V975m Core4 mit Tapatalk

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
I am really satisfied with the tablet overall. If Onda releases KitKat, this tab will be a killer regarding the price. The predecessor, the normal 975 has already official 4.4 update from onda. I think it is only a matter of time before they bring it to our device.

Gesendet von meinem V975m Core4 mit Tapatalk

Is there a onda forum where we can suggest things we want to add?

enr88

Aug 6, 2011
Palermo, Italy, Italy
I have now played with my new Onda V975M for a couple of days and like others I am quite impressed about the build quality, screen and the feel in general.
Speakers is mediocre at best not even close to an IPAD, screen is bright and crisp, charging port is also a full micro USB (finally on a Chinese tablet), Micro HDMI as well (have not tested that yet) and I have stuck a 32Gb MicroSD in the slot for video and media only as the internal memory also is 32GB again nice with a cheap Chinese Tablet with plenty of storage.. Do not seems to get hot even with extended heavy use.
Cant really give a clear picture on battery because I have charged it every night last couple of days but even with heavy use during a full day the lowest I have had it is around 27%.

It does however feel like like there is a lot of lost/hidden potential in this tablet. I am absolutely sure if anybody where to make a CM11 for this it would be a hole new beast. Better drivers for both processor and GPU is needed.
I am experiencing stuttering both with YouTube and streaming video from other video streaming sites. It does shut WiFi AND memory card off when in sleep but both fires up really quick when woken up. It also seems to get slow'ish if a lot of APP's is open at a time, again with the processor speed and GPU it should be a real powerhouse. If you look at the specs only it do NOT perform as expected. I can't emphasise how much I am looking forward to some clever bloke is launching a custom performance ROM for this...

Please Please get to work... :eek: :D :D :eek:

Still I would recommend this to a friend... best bang for the buck right now I think??

Robert

Wifi off when screen off is bug of the latest Fw,like youtube bug,because in v1.0.4 there arent.
For fix WiFi off we van just replace the "module" /system/lib/dhd.Ko with the one present in the Fw 1.0.4 ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

zac68

Jun 22, 2007
Perth, WA
Does enyone knows how to root Onda 975M step by step please in english?

Root instructions and a link to the required files here.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/100698-onda-v975m/?p=1148265

***Update***
Root is not permanent. It seems to disappear after a few reboots. :(

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

My 64GB card works fine but the 32GB one unmounts whenever I lock my screen. I've read that the solution is to reformat the card in the tablet. I'll try it out later after I backup the card.

***Update***
Had to format my 32GB card in my Galaxy Note 3 as there no option to do it in the V975m.
Tested my newly formatted card in the Tablet, but the problem still persists. :(

Last edited:

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Ow okay then we have to do it ourselves, is there anyone capable of dooing this?

Top Liked Posts