copilot 8

Search This thread

iveco420

Nov 25, 2007
Stevenage
www.hondavtx.co.uk
No Traffic

I am at my wits end with Co-Pilot and Alk, sadly I got version 8 in July 09, I was told traffic live and the extras would be available in September, its now the end of Jan 10 and still no traffic or additional map enhancement applications. :mad::confused::eek:

hellboy1970

Nov 30, 2007
Delft
I am at my wits end with Co-Pilot and Alk, sadly I got version 8 in July 09, I was told traffic live and the extras would be available in September, its now the end of Jan 10 and still no traffic or additional map enhancement applications. :mad::confused::eek:

Take a loot at the alk blog. For the UK it seems that traffic is available. Sadly, for me in the netherlands it still seems to take a while...

aprmike

Apr 24, 2006
UK
www.tips4techs.co.uk
I have been wanting to get CP8 running for the new features. I had 7 preinstalled on my factory ROM, and have since upgraded to wm6.5 with v7 installed, but it wont let me upgrade to 8 via the website. Now it's only £2 more to buy it anyway so I thought I'd do that but with all the problems on this thread I decided to contact support to try and get a definitive answer. After several weeks here is the response:

"We are compatble on the HTC Touch Pro 2 and HTC Touch Diamond 2 if you do not have CoPilot 7 installed. There is a bug in the HTC ROM that HTC are aware of on these devices which means that once CoPilot is installed, we cannot uninstall CoPilot in any way. For new customers that do not have a previous version of CoPilot installed, we are 100% compatible. For existing customers we are working with HTC to find a workaround to this problem but currently cannot provide a timescale on when this will be resolved. There is a workaround if you are willing to carry this out, and that is to manually delete the 2577 and CoPilot folders on your SD card and please make sure you delete also delete the "cpl7" and all other files beginning with "copilot..." in the Windows folder on your device.
Afterwards, you would need to perform a complete hard reset of your device.

Some customers did managed to delete all of the CoPilot 7 files by upgrading the ROM version from 6.1 to 6.5.

This currently is the only way to get CoPilot 8 installed onto the device cleanly at present. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Might just stick with 7 to be safe!

renemasselink

Feb 18, 2008
Nijmegen
Totally not pleased with CoPilot 8

I have had TomTom 5, 6 and 7, Igo2008 en Copilot 8 on my Topaz and Raphael. Always with western-europe maps, driving around in Holland, Germany, Belgium and France. Copilot 8 is by far the worst navigation software i tried. Very hard to install and sometimes just stops responding to the touchscreen. Reinstalling proved to be the only solution to that. Failed many times on choosing the right route when not on the highways. Many times ended up being directed into a dead end or a pedestrianzone. Translations to Dutch are hilarious and often left me clueless. The word 'hide' by example is translated to the dutch word for 'skin' in stead of 'don't show'. The voices sound prety distorted, wich is irritating after half an hour. It looks pretty neat though, but that by it self is not enough as far as i am concerned. I'd rather be directed correctly to my destination. My favorite 'till now is Igo2008, but TomTom7 is pretty decent too. Costs a little more, but constantly having to turn around (and ask for directions!) and driving a lot more kilometers than necessary is way more expensive.... :eek:

serafino1

Nov 15, 2009
In search of C7 DACH maps

I urgently need the DACH maps for Copilot 7 (with product key etc).

I have the Diamond 2 and as far as I see in previous posts(s) It is not compatible with Copilot 8 yet (as long as C7 is already installed).

ALK does not carry C7 maps any more...

Please Help!

Last edited:

serafino1

Nov 15, 2009
Bug in the ROM of the HTC Touch Diamond 2

Exerpt from a recent email from ALK:

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

There is a bug in the ROM of the HTC Touch Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 that HTC are aware of on these devices which means that once CoPilot is installed, we cannot uninstall CoPilot in any way. For new customers that do not have a previous version of CoPilot installed, we are 100% compatible. For existing customers we are working with HTC to find a workaround to this problem but currently cannot provide a timescale on when this will be resolved. There is a workaround if youa re willing to carry this out, and that is to manually delete the 2577 and CoPilot folders on your SD card and then to perform a complete hard reset of your device. This currently is the only way to get CoPilot 8 installed onto the device cleanly at present.

It seems I have to hard reset the device for just a CoPilot upgrade !!!!!

Anybody knows a way around?

Or uninstall and go for IGO8?

Please Help!!!

Last edited:

bambony

Mar 8, 2009
Exerpt from a recent email from ALK:

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

There is a bug in the ROM of the HTC Touch Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 that HTC are aware of on these devices which means that once CoPilot is installed, we cannot uninstall CoPilot in any way. For new customers that do not have a previous version of CoPilot installed, we are 100% compatible. For existing customers we are working with HTC to find a workaround to this problem but currently cannot provide a timescale on when this will be resolved. There is a workaround if youa re willing to carry this out, and that is to manually delete the 2577 and CoPilot folders on your SD card and then to perform a complete hard reset of your device. This currently is the only way to get CoPilot 8 installed onto the device cleanly at present.

It seems I have to hard reset the device for just a CoPilot upgrade !!!!!

Anybody knows a way around?

Or uninstall and go for IGO8?

Please Help!!!

On 2.53 official WWE here and I uninstalled CP 7 and installed CP 8 fine....

Tony

brendan_

Nov 7, 2009
Hi - what is copilot support email address? I have reported a problem on their online support portal about a month ago - I got a standard reply within a couple of days that did not fix my problem and I have responded with more details, but haven't heard back from them at all. I have kept bumping it but nothing. So frustrating ...

gmbouah

Jun 6, 2010
Copilot Live 8.0

I have an HTC Snap - I have bought CoPilot Live 8.0 and am very happy with the way that the navigation works BUT the latest program has left out support for non-touch screen Windows Mobile 6 phones. The CoPilot Online Support portal is also very slow in replying to queries.

Does anybody have a copy of copilot.wmsp.cab? (This seems to be the file missing in CoPilot Live 8.0 to make it non-touch screen compatible) Could you please send this to me?

Thanks.