[Q] Help: (Bricked) Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as OMAP4470 USB Device

Search This thread

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
After trying to root, my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as "OMAP4470 USB Device on Windows. Screen is black. May have damaged bootloader. Think I may have used a file intended for an older version Kindle. Can't get fastboot. Factory cable does not work with this device.

The device ID shows up as:
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012&REV_0000
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012
:confused:
Screen Capture attached:

OMAP4470 is the TI processor used in this device. Anyboody care to comment/help?

Attachments

• OMAP4470.jpg
    OMAP4470.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
At least say someting if you know anything

After trying to root, my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as "OMAP4470 USB Device on Windows. Screen is black. May have damaged bootloader. Think I may have used a file intended for an older version Kindle. Can't get fastboot. Factory cable does not work with this device.

The device ID shows up as:
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012&REV_0000
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012
:confused:
Screen Capture attached:

OMAP4470 is the TI processor used in this device. Anyboody care to comment/help?

mathman114

Apr 12, 2013

I'm far from an expert, but I don't think there's much you can do. No one has the drivers for that omap device. See if you can send it back to amazon. I dont think they can verify for sure that you voided your warranty.

BTW, there's a chance I'm totally wrong.

Reactions: AlSat

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for replying

I'm far from an expert, but I don't think there's much you can do. No one has the drivers for that omap device. See if you can send it back to amazon. I dont think they can verify for sure that you voided your warranty.

Thanks for at least replying. I figured that might be the case. Thans.

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Same here. Not fair to ask Amazon to replace it. I think I may have found something to try using linux/usb. I will post results after I try it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using xda premium

jeromebzh

Sep 29, 2013
Hi!
Did someone find a solution, i'm in the same case here.
Black screen after rooting, when i plug the kindle fire to the computer, i hear usb connection sound, usb deconnection sound etc etc...
I don't know what to do
Thank you

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Open the device manager before you plug the kindle in, if you see a jem, otter, or Tate device that appears for an instant, you are in luck, if it says omap440, you either need to send it in to amazon or if they won't accept, you can send it to @kurohyou and see if he can fix it. Before you think its hard-bricked there are other ways to know for sure if it is one so don't freak out if u can't see any device in the device manager when it connects and disconnects.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Last edited:

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Yea. it says OMAP...

Open the device manager before you plug the kindle in, if you see a jem, otter, or Tate device that appears for an instant, you are in luck, if it says omap440, you either need to send it in to amazon or if they won't accept, you can send it to @kurohyou and see if he can fix it. Before you think its hard-bricked there are other ways to know for sure if it is one so don't freak out if u can't see any device in the device manager when it connects and disconnects.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Thanks for the reply. I understand omap is the processor amazon uses, so there's that. Can't send to Amazon. No funds to pay for repair. I found something here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1430038 that I think I might try. What do you think?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That doesn't work on the second gen devices, it requires a signed version of the xloader that only amazon has, the kf1 didn't require signatures, so it worked on them but not the second gen devices. If u want to have any shot at fixing it since you said amazon won't accept it back, I would recommend sending it to kurohyou, he has a hard brick fix method in the works for kf2's, that should also work on the kfhd's, but the layout is different and he has no kfhd's to work with. He has gotten his own kindle back to a soft brick state by flashing the boot loader from links while directly hooked up to his emmc. Anyways he is your best shot if it shows up as a omap440 device and won't even boot with the kindle logo at all.
Here's a link to his thread if you are interested: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391047

jeromebzh

Sep 29, 2013

Hi, thanks for reply.
When i connect the kindle, omap4470 appears for an instant in the device manager...
What can happen if i contact Amazon and only tell them the kindle crashed using it?
Or is there a thing i can do on my own?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I don't know if its better to lie or not when dealing with them but if it was supposed to be under warranty still and they haven't previously replaced it, they are sometimes lenient and will send u a replacement. If they won't then kurohyou is your best bet.

Just curious did you attempt to root it or something using kindle fire utility? I don't remember the rooting process on kf1's offhand because I haven't had to reroot my moms in forever, but I remember kfu being involved. Kindle fire utility would brick the device, just trying to figure out from curiosity how you bricked it.

Last edited:

jeromebzh

Sep 29, 2013
I don't know if its better to lie or not when dealing with them but if it was supposed to be under warranty still and they haven't previously replaced it, they are sometimes lenient and will send u a replacement. If they won't then kurohyou is your best bet.

Just curious did you attempt to root it or something using kindle fire utility? I don't remember the rooting process on kf1's offhand because I haven't had to reroot my moms in forever, but I remember kfu being involved. Kindle fire utility would brick the device, just trying to figure out from curiosity how you bricked it.

Hi
I was under TWRP when i bricked the tab.
Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 was getting slowing down and i decide to erase the tab and reinstall it.
I still don't know why i've been to the root menu of TWRP, but sure i should'nt have been there... black screen!!
Bye

AlSat

Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Hi
I was under TWRP when i bricked the tab.
Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 was getting slowing down and i decide to erase the tab and reinstall it.
I still don't know why i've been to the root menu of TWRP, but sure i should'nt have been there... black screen!!
Bye
Yes, I did attempt to root it using kindle fire utility.Tried a few other things, too. Don't remember them all. I understand that the bootloader is locked on this device, and I needed to use a specific method. Don't recall what that is. Do you know exactly what needed to be done?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You could have either used binaries root method or kindle fire first aid's root option. Kffa is in the general section, and I don't remember offhand where binaries root is, I think its in one of the FAQ stickies in one of the forums around here.

scamyu

Apr 3, 2008
So just to confirm, if I'm plugging in my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and my computer is asking for OMAP4470 drivers, there's pretty much no hope for it, ie, it's hard bricked forever. Sad face.

rmamba

Dec 9, 2013
Edinburgh
I would be interested in bricked HD 8.9" with OMAP4470.
If any one is willing to sell it for a reasonable price and if possible is from UK let me know.

Last edited:

bournezhang

Dec 31, 2011
i think amazon RD guys or TI know how to fix it.
maybe by some driver or CMD words....

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

I would be interested in bricked HD 8.9" with OMAP4470.
If any one is willing to sell it for a reasonable price and if possible is from UK let me know.
i think amazon RD guys or TI know how to fix it.
maybe by some driver or CMD words....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.