[Stock Kernel-1/11/13] - L7 Base - Fixes Exynos exploit! With / Without Boot Anim!

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks for this. I just flashed the Unsecure Boot Image - L7 Base - Anim Support.zip in TWRP. I still have Chainfire's app installed and it's showing the Exploit is still exploitable, is that normal?

I do have a new Nexus looking boot animation. My Kernel Version shows as:
3.0.31-679347
se.infra@SEP-78 #1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 26 10:26:24 KST 2012

Do I have the updated kernel with the exploit patched?

THis app will still show its exploitable. I think its hard coded for that verbiage. BUT if you run the actual exploit TEST apk it will fail...

Check tou Travis's post below for more info...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093091&page=3

Post 23 has the app.

The chainfire app will say that. However there is another app to test it with. Let me try and find the link it was in the at&t section I believe. This kernel does fix the exploit I ran the test earlier.

Yep!

Reactions: jsadler09

bowman1783

Jul 5, 2009
Joplin, MO
I'm on Clean Rom Ace 4.0.5. Might be because of a theme I have installed. I forgot about that. As for Perseus-alpha31.2 auto rotate works fine.

robjective

Dec 13, 2007
On CleanROM 3.5 and screen rotation is working for me. Just did a backup, flashed the patch, cleared caches, and unticked the patch and patch at boot boxes in Exynos Abuse and rear camera works again. Thanks Scott.

shellie03

Dec 22, 2012
Nashville
This is probably a stupid question but here goes. If I flash the kernel without boot animation support. Do I get back the stock boot animation? Thank you for posting this kernel. :eek:

Scott

This is probably a stupid question but here goes. If I flash the kernel without boot animation support. Do I get back the stock boot animation? Thank you for posting this kernel. :eek:

If your ROM has the boot animations in QMG format then you will get the stock animations.

If your ROM has them removed then you will get nothing.

nitronet

Jun 15, 2006
I have looked everywhere but I can't find it does anyone have the stock Verizon boot animation with the 4G LTE that we can flash?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Kamar234

Nov 11, 2009
New York
I see that people talk about perseous kernels, but I dont see any kernels for the Verizon Note 2. Where do you guys go for that kernel and other mods like the sd card storage awap.

jsadler09

Jan 1, 2012
I see that people talk about perseous kernels, but I dont see any kernels for the Verizon Note 2. Where do you guys go for that kernel and other mods like the sd card storage awap.

Perseus kernel is in the original Android development section here for the Vzw Note 2. FWIW I'm running it (with profile 4) on 4.0.5 and so far so good. Just know that the dev doesn't officially support it.

Haven't tried SD card swap but there is also a mods & apps section here too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Kamar234

Scott

Perseus kernel is in the original Android development section here for the Vzw Note 2. FWIW I'm running it (with profile 4) on 4.0.5 and so far so good. Just know that the dev doesn't officially support it.

Haven't tried SD card swap but there is also a mods & apps section here too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Umm... We really need to stay on topic.

Reactions: Travisdroidx2

jaym25

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks Scott, tried flashing, no luck then extracted and moved files to /system/media and that didn't work either.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
The 'stock kernal with boot animation support' only supports zip files with partX folders in them. The 'Glowing X' animation seen on later Perseus kernels is a good example of that kind of file. Copy this type of zip file directly into /system/media with the name 'bootanimation.zip'.
The 'stock kernel without boot animation support' supports the flashable zip packages with .qmg files in them, such as the ones referenced in the link. You can flash them in recovery or just copy the .qmg files into /system/media. This kernal does not support the 'bootanimation.zip' files described above. If you wish to use the flashable zip files be sure to install the kernal without boot animation support. This may seem backwards but that is what my testing revealed.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Scott

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the kernel from the L7 stock international base.

Its rooted with init.d support.

This is fixes the Exnyos exploit.

Should be flashable on all variants.

Updated 1/11/13 - Add option for boot animation support
    bootanimation.zip goes in /system/media

Download HERE

Hit Thanks!
    Dr. thank's for the link... BUT, did you look at what you posted? i did not say that i can't read.... i was saying that i don't understand it. and post's like yours do not encourage.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

i'm tired for a plain BBQ sauce... would like some bite to it :cyclops:
    :)

This might help you understand it better
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=ROM-VS-Kernel

As for the bite, is this the kind of taste you're looking for?
    http://youtu.be/7UBCdzJuB34
    :good:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093091&page=3

Post 23 has the app.

The chainfire app will say that. However there is another app to test it with. Let me try and find the link it was in the at&t section I believe. This kernel does fix the exploit I ran the test earlier.
    No Problem!

Let me know how it goes. I have not tested it on VZW yet but it should work with any of my ROMS and Beans ROM. Basically any stock based ROM.
    Dr. thank's for the link... BUT, did you look at what you posted? i did not say that i can't read.... i was saying that i don't understand it. and post's like yours do not encourage.

Its pretty much the bridge between hardware and software. Software/Kernel/Hardware. As simple as I can make it.